Looking for a set of earphones with a mic...

This is a discussion on Looking for a set of earphones with a mic... within the Droid X Audio / Video forums, part of the Droid X Extras category; I bought the iPod earphones with the microphone on the cord last year and used them extensively both on my iPod and my previous EnV ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for a set of earphones with a mic...

X Informant Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Looking for a set of earphones with a mic...

I bought the iPod earphones with the microphone on the cord last year and used them extensively both on my iPod and my previous EnV Touch (easy hands free when walking around VT's extremely windy and cold campus, keeping my hands from going numb).

Due to overuse and probably not taking good care of them(thrown in bookbag/gymbag/etc), I'm finally due for a new set. I'm looking to branching out a bit more this time, so I'm looking to this amazing forum for any suggestions.

I've already browsed newegg.com without any that had good reviews (main reason I will buy something is based off reviews, hence this thread).

And two other things I suppose: I'm trying to stay in the $40-60 range AND these will be serving as my main mp3 playback.

Thanks for any responses.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Operative Achievements:
    7 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    I'd take a look at some Skullcandy sets personally. Their 50/50s don't seem too bad, and I love the sound quality on my pair, plus they have a great return/warranty policy.

Although I wouldn't expect too high of quality when you try to pack everything into such a small frame.

31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Well if you can dish out the money, get the Motorockr S9-HD. That is what I use, things are awesome!

250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I just got these Klipsch S2's in the other day and I LOVE them. They sound great and are VERY noise cancelling. I've had so many different types of headphones/earbuds over the past few years such as Apple, Nike, and Sennheiser and the Klipsch's are the best of all. I used to work at Best Buy selling home theater and Klipsch was the best product we had (in my opinion, even better than Bose). And to keep them protected for longer, the set includes a self-closing pouch to store them in. So when I saw these S2s on Amazon for $25 with free shipping, I had to get them. However, it took about 2 weeks to get them with the free shipping option, so it is probably worth it to shell out another few bucks and pay for shipping. Let me know if you have any questions about them.

LINK: Amazon.com: Klipsch Image S2m Noise-Isolating Headset with…

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 71.4%
    Achievements:
    Your first Group500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Member #
    Liked
    358 times
    I bought my son a set of Skullcandy Ink'd earbuds for his iPod last Christmas. They are inexpensive and sound pretty darn good for the price. Best of all they block out alot of background noise. I tried them while cutting the grass and barely heard the mower. They usually have them on sale at BB for $9.99 several times a year. Might be better to grab a few pairs of those over buying an expensive set.

500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    I just threw down $100 bucks for the Bose mobile ear buds. I had the regular bose ear buds and they rocked, but 3 years later they have been worn out.

7 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JonTx311 View Post
    I just threw down $100 bucks for the Bose mobile ear buds. I had the regular bose ear buds and they rocked, but 3 years later they have been worn out.
    :O
    They better make pancakes for me as well as do the dishes afterwords.

Agent X
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 2.6%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    it may just be me, but i couldnt get the skullcandy earbuds to stay in my ear. had to return them. but must say, they did sound good when i held them in place!
    Addicted to technology but don't always get it!

Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Quote Originally Posted by eric eakin View Post
    it may just be me, but i couldnt get the skullcandy earbuds to stay in my ear. had to return them. but must say, they did sound good when i held them in place!
    Interesting, what kind did you have?
    I originally have the "Ink'd" but I returned them for the "Smokin Bud Black" ones, best set of earbuds I've owned.

Agent X
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 2.6%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanux View Post
    Interesting, what kind did you have?
    I originally have the "Ink'd" but I returned them for the "Smokin Bud Black" ones, best set of earbuds I've owned.
    i think they were the smokin ones. i dunno - whatever was at the verizon store.

i really like (i know most people hate these) the apple earbuds... they fit perfect in my ears never had a problem with them! on that note i just bought the mike'd version of them and plugged them into my x - made a call and the recipiant couldnt hear me!!!! hmmm do they work or is it just me?
    Addicted to technology but don't always get it!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads