Looking for a set of earphones with a mic...

This is a discussion on Looking for a set of earphones with a mic... within the Droid X Audio / Video forums, part of the Droid X Extras category; I just got the Bose MIE2. Totally awesome sounding and the mic works with Droid X. Good sound quality from the mic too. (Tried Shure ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a set of earphones with a mic...

X Lurker
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I just got the Bose MIE2. Totally awesome sounding and the mic works with Droid X. Good sound quality from the mic too. (Tried Shure SE115m+ and Skullcandy 50/50 but the mics didn't work.)

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums
    Last edited by fractalfriend; 04-10-2011 at 08:16 PM. Reason: spelling

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Lurker Achievements:
    100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fractalfriend View Post
    I just got the Bose MIE2. Totally awesome sounding and the mic works with Droid X. Good sound quality from the mic too. (Tried Shure SE115m+ and Skullcandy 50/50 but the mics didn't work.)

I have the MIE2i also. They worked fine for a while, but now the mic and middle button don't work and the volume + - buttons stop and start the mp3 player not to mention the mp3 player activating when I plug them in now. I plug my RocketFish joints in and the mic and buttons work fine. Oh! To add insult to injury, I plug the BOSE into my son's phone and they work fine. Any ideas on what's going on? I Think it's phone.

Sent from my DROIDX

X Lurker Achievements:
    100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by neddo View Post
    I bought the iPod earphones with the microphone on the cord last year and used them extensively both on my iPod and my previous EnV Touch (easy hands free when walking around VT's extremely windy and cold campus, keeping my hands from going numb).

Due to overuse and probably not taking good care of them(thrown in bookbag/gymbag/etc), I'm finally due for a new set. I'm looking to branching out a bit more this time, so I'm looking to this amazing forum for any suggestions.

I've already browsed newegg.com without any that had good reviews (main reason I will buy something is based off reviews, hence this thread).

And two other things I suppose: I'm trying to stay in the $40-60 range AND these will be serving as my main mp3 playback.

Thanks for any responses.
    Try the RocketFish (BestBuy brand) earbuds with mic. They work fine, I had these before I got the BOSE mie2i's which don't work any more.

Sent from my DROIDX

X Lurker Achievements:
    3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanux View Post
    I'd take a look at some Skullcandy sets personally. Their 50/50s don't seem too bad, and I love the sound quality on my pair, plus they have a great return/warranty policy.

Although I wouldn't expect too high of quality when you try to pack everything into such a small frame.
    I recently purchased a pair of the Skullcandy 50/50s and the mic did not cooperate with my Droid X nor the buttons... I looked on the packaging and I don't know if this matters or not but they're made specifically for Iphones. I was just curious but what phone were you using the 50/50s with?

X Lurker Achievements:
    3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fractalfriend View Post

What's the price range for the Bose MIE2? and can they be found at Best Buy or Newegg?

X Operative
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bdab951 View Post
    What's the price range for the Bose MIE2? and can they be found at Best Buy or Newegg?
    Best Buy has them on sale right now for $116.99

X Lurker
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I got mine at Radio Shack for $130 so it looks like Best Buy is the place to go right now for the Bose units. BTW, I feel they are worth every penny as far as sound quality goes.

Super Mod Team Lead
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    I know Bose are great..just want to recommend klipsch s4i very good sound..wires are thin but I've not had issues with them ..

Sent from ÍlGato's X
    Liberty GBv0.5 bluebread
    "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm"

X Lurker
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Fractal Friend: You have the Bose MIE2 and the mike works for you? I have the same ones, used to use them on my iphone. I've now bought a DroidX and the mike from the Bose MIE2 does not work. What's going on for me that isn't going on for you? I followed instructions elsewhere here on the board to set the sound for TTY VCO.

I recently purchased a pair of the Skullcandy 50/50s and the mic did not cooperate with my Droid X nor the buttons... I looked on the packaging and I don't know if this matters or not but they're made specifically for Iphones. I was just curious but what phone were you using the 50/50s with?
    I tried the Skull Candy 50/50's on my Droid and Droid 3 and the mic fails to work. Jack configuration on Motorola Droid's (1, 2, X, X2 and 3) not compatible.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads