Jam11 Beta - Stream iTunes library from your computer

This is a discussion on Jam11 Beta - Stream iTunes library from your computer within the Droid X Apps forums, part of the Droid X Extras category; I came across an app that looks really neat. It's called Jam11 and it allows you to listen to your iTunes music library from anywhere ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Jam11 Beta - Stream iTunes library from your computer

X Informant Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times

Jam11 Beta - Stream iTunes library from your computer

I came across an app that looks really neat. It's called Jam11 and it allows you to listen to your iTunes music library from anywhere you have service and also listen to a variety of radio stations based on genre. For full details visit the Jam11 site at: JAM 11

I am currently trying to get it to work for me. I am looking for a way the program will only retrieve a specified part of my library. I am sure I am facing issues with this app because I have my iTunes music collection on a external hard drive and the music collection is 223 GB's worth.

There are a lot of people looking for ways to get there music collection on their DX and this looks like it would be relatively easy (assuming it works for you). Has anyone else tried this out? If so, what has your experience been?
    hollywood and hollovoid7 like this.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Informant Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    So I was able to get this app to work. It turns out the program looks for a file called iTunesmusiclibrary.xml which is generally in iTunes directory. Mine was separate from where I have iTunes installed. I have iTunes installed on my C:/ drive and my music files on my G:/ drive. Simply copying the iTunesmusiclibrary.xml file from my G:/ drive and placing it in the iTunes folder in my C:/ drive allowed the program to find my music.
    I am amazed that it was able to sync all of my music!

Here are a few screen shots:
    CAP201009060006.jpgCAP201009052344.jpgCAP201009060000.jpg
    As you can see there are five boxes to choose from at the bottom of the app that allow you to browse your music by Playlists, Albums, Artists, and Songs. The other box is the Jam11 radio. Unfortunately the app does not show the album art yet, but I am sure this will eventually be worked out in the full version.

All in all I am ecstatic with the performance of this app and I look forward to the future updates the developer provides.
    msieders likes this.

X Informant
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    This is awesome and works great, seeing I have 3g pretty much everywhere I drive this is going to fully replace my ipod for music on the road (I cant hold all of my music on the ipod touch, with this I dont need to!) again thanks for bringing this up, I dont think I would have found it otherwise!!

X Lurker Achievements:
    100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Thanks for supporting Jam11 - a new version of PC/Mac software is now ready

Thanks to everyone for supporting Jam11. We have just updated the Jam11Connect software for PC and Mac. This version fixes a major issue of IP address change that happens when you open and close your laptop or move from home to office or if your ISP keeps changing dynamic IP address. To update simply go to Jam11Connect software on your PC or Mac and select "Check for Updates" and it will do the rest for you. Also, you will be able to see on your PC the song that is being streamed to your phone in real time. If you have any issues please email to us at beta@jam11.com

X Lurker Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    We have just released a new version of Jam11 in the Android Market which gives the following new features per requests from many of you.

1) Your iTunes playlist order on the Android phone is now exactly the same as it is on your computer. We don't alphabetize it anymore as many of you asked to change that.
    2) Within Artist tab, you now get all your albums and songs
    3) In addition the performance is enhanced and memory consumption has been reduced.

Give it a try and send us your feedback to beta@jam11.com

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 71.7%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    885 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jam11 View Post
    Thanks to everyone for supporting Jam11. We have just updated the Jam11Connect software for PC and Mac. This version fixes a major issue of IP address change that happens when you open and close your laptop or move from home to office or if your ISP keeps changing dynamic IP address. To update simply go to Jam11Connect software on your PC or Mac and select "Check for Updates" and it will do the rest for you. Also, you will be able to see on your PC the song that is being streamed to your phone in real time. If you have any issues please email to us at beta@jam11.com
    Welcome to the forum!!

Is always good to see the devs on here to support their apps....
    Failure isn't falling down, failure is staying down.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience PointsThree FriendsCreated Album pictures100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    243 times
    Giving this a try, I have over 500GB of music and would love to have access to it all the time!

X Operative
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jam11 View Post
    We have just released a new version of Jam11 in the Android Market which gives the following new features per requests from many of you.

1) Your iTunes playlist order on the Android phone is now exactly the same as it is on your computer. We don't alphabetize it anymore as many of you asked to change that.
    2) Within Artist tab, you now get all your albums and songs
    3) In addition the performance is enhanced and memory consumption has been reduced.

Give it a try and send us your feedback to beta@jam11.com
    I only have about 30 GB of music in iTunes (only part of my collection has made it on-line) but I can see all my playlists on my phone.

I'm impressed. I can see my complete library from my phone. I have it playing as I write this.

I'm having a case where it didn't play the complete song (song is over 4 minutes, it stopped playing around 3 minutes or so, started next tune in list...) I played the tune twice and it did the same thing both times...

Let me know if I should submit a bug report or if this is enough. (May be a known issue...)

Feature request:
    My family has 5 ipods, and we all share one master iTunes library, but all sync our own playlists to our iPods.

Is there a way to filter the lists and hide lists I don't want to see on my phone?

Your concept is great, I look forward to future updates.
    Don Baarns

X Operative
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 140
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I strongly suggest you try Subsonic instead - not only can you stream your entire library, but it will transcode FLACs and other file formats into OGG or MP3. You can also access your entire library from anywhere through a web interface. It has a lot of cool features, and supports playlists and such.

X Lurker Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Don, thanks for your comments. I am assuming you are using a Mac computer at home. if so, we have identified the issue and testing the fix for it as I write this. We should be releasing it late Sunday 10th evening or Monday 11th Oct morning. So, for everyone using Mac, you should go to your Jam11Connect and select Check Update and upgrade to the next version.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads