Titanium question, how to batch restores from a particular date?

This is a discussion on Titanium question, how to batch restores from a particular date? within the Droid X Apps forums, part of the Droid X Extras category; I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question, but everyone here knows about this stuff and can at least send ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Titanium question, how to batch restores from a particular date?

X Informant
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 128
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience PointsTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Angry Titanium question, how to batch restores from a particular date?

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question, but everyone here knows about this stuff and can at least send me in the right direction.

I had a replacment 2.3.3 Droid X, rooted it, and like a total dummy, took the OTA update to 624, android 2.3.4. Lost root, cried. SBF'd to Milestone and got root back, thanks to 1KDS and his magic CD.

I used Titanium to batch restore all of my stuff and it worked like magic. Now I got the phone wet, had to get another one, this is 2.3.3 and NOT 621, this is good stuff, see specs:

System: 4.5.605.MB810.en.US
    Model: DROIDX
    Android Version: 2.3.3
    Baseband Version: BP_C_01.09.13P
    Build Number: 4.5.1_57DXS-35
    ERI Version: 5
    PRL Version: 5207

I used Titanium once again to restore all my stuff in batch mode, over 300 apps, system and user data. Big mistake. Stuff crashed, android media something or other crashed every 5 seconds, had to touch stop, message came back every 5 seconds. Phone ruined. Factory reset, reactivated. Installed Clockwork ROM Manager, Bootstrap Recovery, and Titanium, all the paid version because they are cheap and very much worth it.

My issue is that I have ten backups of everything I have. Some date before the initial catastrophe on 3/17/2012. I can touch each app and have ten backups to restore, all dated, so I assume I can restore the ones from 2.3.3 and should be fine. Some of the stuff I no longer want or have anymore. But in batch mode, I see no option to choose the dates of backups I want to restore. Even the filters do not provide a "date" setting. Is there a way around this, use batch mode, or am I stuck restoring over 300 apps, one by one, by date, by hand? That would take forever!

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. It is way too late, must go to bed, and will restore contacts and a few must have apps for now. Goodnight and thank you.
    ~Ohmster
    Verizon Motorola Droid Razr Maxx
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5113, WiFi

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Advocate X Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    66 times
    Goto Titanium... Backup/Restore... Batch...
    Restore....
    Restore Apps with Data only... Deselect... Then choose the Apps you want to Restore then choose Run up top to start the process

Its Bubba
    It's Going Along for the Ride...

"Stubborn In You're Bones"

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    573 times
    ^^^ what Bubba said.

You never want to restore (or even backup) system apps and data. Follow bubba's instructions and only restore what you really might use. You can restore other individual apps whenever you need them.

Sent from my DROIDX using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    "FEZ aims to create a non-threatening world rich with ambiance,

a pleasant place to spend time in."

X Informant
    Achievements:
    250 Experience PointsTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks guys. I had a LOT of trouble with this. When I went to Milestone, I just batch restored everything and "12:00 and all is well!". Not this time. I have 10 backups and the 3/12/12 backup is right before I exchanged my DX free from warranty. Now I am doing it again with a stock Blur ROM, 4.5.605 on 2.3.3, restoring those Milestone backups with data screwed the phone up horribly, had to system reset.

I then tried again, only restoring missing apps. Better, but my layout was gone and so was all my personal data, thus all of my email, social, dropbox, and every other account was not setup.. This did not require a wipe, only things bad were google framework and that DID have several updates available. I did miss all of my cool desktop layouts so this time, I tried one more time in batch and ONLY restored all system data. Now this is what I wanted. I had all of my accounts back, desktop layout restored, and the only bad thing this did was to jam up some google framework and google processes. As we know now, Market is now called "Play Store" and is run by google. There were several updates available, updating them all fixed everything and now the phone is cool as hell, and, I got my battery life back again. Milestone munched on batteries like free Doritos at a party somewhere, totally unacceptable.

Happy camper, thank you my friends!
    ~Ohmster

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 2.5%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience PointsYour first Group7 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    This is kind of unrelated, but is it possible to restore apps without having to hit install for every single app?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Advocate X Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    66 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PomPWNius View Post
    This is kind of unrelated, but is it possible to restore apps without having to hit install for every single app?

Yes,
    Deselect all apps... Then check the Apps you want to Restore... As Fezrock stated DO NOT RESTORE SYSTEMS APPS... NO EXCEPTIONS
    "You should be Good Under The Hood "

Its Bubba
    It's Going Along for the Ride...

"Stubborn In You're Bones"

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 2.5%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience PointsYour first Group7 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by The persuader View Post
    Yes,
    Deselect all apps... Then check the Apps you want to Restore... As Fezrock stated DO NOT RESTORE SYSTEMS APPS... NO EXCEPTIONS
    "You should be Good Under The Hood "

Its Bubba
    When I do that after each install it goes to the screen saying "Do you want to install this application?" Then u have to hit accept, it installs then says "Application installed". Then u done and it restores the next one. I'm asking if its possible for it to automatically restore them all without having to hit "Accept" and "Done".

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 285
    Overall activity: 46.9%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    You'll need the Pro paid version.
    BOOT MANAGER......5 roms 5 times the fun!

X Informant
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    The pro paid version I have and it gives you a filter for the batch jobs. So you can filter out stuff you do not want and then do not have to click so many checkboxes. I do not like it though. I wanted to restore everything from my 2.3.3 phone, and NOTHING from the 2.3.4 I ended up with. I had ten sets of backups so there was plenty to choose from. But the filter really sucks so far as I can tell, not worth the powder to blow it to hell. IMHO.
    ~Ohmster

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    573 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PomPWNius View Post

That is the nuisance of the free version. The paid is worth it just to restore uninterrupted.
    "FEZ aims to create a non-threatening world rich with ambiance,

a pleasant place to spend time in."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads