Juice Defender

This is a discussion on Juice Defender within the Droid X Apps forums, part of the Droid X Extras category; I downloaded the app Juice Defender to extend battery life. It is a very confusing little app for those of us who aren't experts. I ...

Thread: Juice Defender

X Operative Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Juice Defender

I downloaded the app Juice Defender to extend battery life. It is a very confusing little app for those of us who aren't experts. I don't know what anything on it means so I hope it is set to just be helpful. I don't even know if it auto re-starts if I turn off my phone.

Also, my WiFi was off so I don't get why installing this app turned my WiFi on. Weird.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Lurker Achievements:
    100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I don't really know much about it but I'll tell you how I set it up. Open JD and in the bottom click "advanced" i think. It should take you to a screen where you can select what you want from "Data", "Wifi", "Timeout", "Schedule", etc.. If you click each one it changes the settings. I don't have Ultimate, just the free version, so I can't mess with everything. I set Data with the red x on it so it's always on. Wifi and Timeout can't be adjusted. Click Schedule and a little slide bar opens up, slide it all the way to the left so you can get data as much as you want. Leave Night alone, and Battery is set at below 15% so you won't get data below 15% battery which I like a lot. The only thing else I did was on Screen which is the big one for me. Click screen and click on "only after unlock". This sets the phone up so 3G is off until you unlock the phone, i.e. you can check time and not waste battery. This, I believe, has helped my battery a lot. Why look for 3G when the phones in my pocket??? Sorry for the long post but hopefully it helps. Also, make sure you hit Enabled at the top so its on

X Conveyor Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Make note of the stuff you can and cannot tweak with the Free vs. Pro version

Remove Ads

Ads