Post your tasker profiles here

This is a discussion on Post your tasker profiles here within the Droid X Apps forums, part of the Droid X Extras category; I've looked and while I've found several threads with some people talking about profiles they've created with Tasker. I have gone to the application's site ...

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Post your tasker profiles here

X Conveyor Achievements:
    500 Experience PointsTagger Second Class250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Grew up in a small mine outside of Pittsburgh, PA, now living in NC.
    Liked
    8 times

Post your tasker profiles here

I've looked and while I've found several threads with some people talking about profiles they've created with Tasker. I have gone to the application's site and even on wiki there is a very limited amount of profiles.

I would love to have a thread where we can upload our profiles for others to download or for step by step instructions on how to make a certain profile (like how to turn your wi-fi on and off when you're within a certain distance of your home etc).

Please only post requests, profiles (with an explanation of what they are) and detailed instructions on how to create a certain profile.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Someone with some deep knowledge of the app might think about creating a "Tasker for dummies book" just remember I suggested it and pass on a few cents my way when it's published!

Cheers and looking forward to seeing what you all have created!
    Scott
    USMC Ret.

"For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    "To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded."

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 124
    Overall activity: 2.2%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Would LOVE a tasker for dummies book. Need some profiles.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

X Informant
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 69
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkUSMCRet View Post
    Thanks... but there's only about 5 or 6 profiles there... we need to start a thread on here with profiles and info etc.
    Tasker is capable of importing and exporting Profiles as .xml files and there are some posted on the developers Wikki.
    This board will not allow .xml attachments but they can probably be posted as .zip files and would probably have to be handled through a desktop computer.
    I thought it would be more useful to have a location where users could not only describe the profiles they have done but be able to upload them as .xml for others to download and modify them to suit their own needs.
    So far the only profiles posted have been ones I have developed for my own use but the board is Tapatalk capable and completely free to to the Android community to post and download. I had to enforce user registration to keep spammers out.
    Unfortunately, the only Android browser that I have found that will allow uploads to internet web sites is the Opera Mini Browser but this is supposed to be fixed with Froyo.
    Retirement, Its a tough job but someone has to do it

X Conveyor Achievements:
    500 Experience PointsTagger Second Class250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kb4ob View Post
    Tasker is capable of importing and exporting Profiles as .xml files and there are some posted on the developers Wikki.
    This board will not allow .xml attachments but they can probably be posted as .zip files and would probably have to be handled through a desktop computer.
    I thought it would be more useful to have a location where users could not only describe the profiles they have done but be able to upload them as .xml for others to download and modify them to suit their own needs.
    So far the only profiles posted have been ones I have developed for my own use but the board is Tapatalk capable and completely free to to the Android community to post and download. I had to enforce user registration to keep spammers out.
    Unfortunately, the only Android browser that I have found that will allow uploads to internet web sites is the Opera Mini Browser but this is supposed to be fixed with Froyo.
    Well, I just started a thread to try and get some directions and how to do this or that... hopefully it will be a good start for us Tasker users.

Perhaps you would be willing to email me some of your profiles? If so, PM me and post on the new thread! Thanks!
    Scott
    USMC Ret.

"For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    "To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded."

X Operative
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 96
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Does anyone know how to set the "auto update" setting in tasker? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Since APNdroid isn't available, I've heard having this off is the next best thing, but find no settings for it. EDIT: never mind, found it.

The other thing I'm wanting to do is to have it it read me my calendar appointments outloud (I need reminders to stick to my schedule). I know you can have it read texts outloud and was wondering if anyone knew of a way to read calendar notifications or alerts?

EDIT: also, I'm looking for a good way to turn stuff on and off periodically. But unlike the lifehacker and other tutorials for nighttime, I don't want it to cycle on and off for the same amount of time, so the repeat/toggle option doesn't work. I just want to turn on gps for say 5 minutes every hour to ascertain if I'm at work, then another to leave auto update off, and turn it on for a few minutes only twice during the day. I not only don't want it checking and wasting power, I don't want distractions. Any ideas?

EDIT 2: Okay I think I figured out a way to do this... I just dropped in a "Wait" command. So I setup a new Profile with 2 contexts: my work hours and my home location (I work from home). Then I setup these tasks/actions: auto-sync: off; gps: off; wait: 3hrs; auto-sync: on; gps: on; wait: 4min; goto action: 1. So it should turn my auto-sync off, then turn it on every 3 hours for 4 minutes, then start over. Then when my work hours are over and/or if I'm not at home when the gps is cycled on, it will go to the exit tasks which turn the auto updates & gps on.

I hope I'm understanding the wait & goto actions properly.

Still looking for any ideas on how to get it to read calendar notifications.
    Last edited by the_Fiddler; 08-09-2010 at 05:13 PM.

X Operative Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RMHisCOOL View Post
    * When my headset is plugged in, my music app opens up
    I can figure that out, but is there a way for it to just resume playback in that same music app? I've been able to set it up so MixZing opens and want it to begin playing right away.

Sent from my DROIDX

X Informant
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 69
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by validoption View Post
    I can figure that out, but is there a way for it to just resume playback in that same music app? I've been able to set it up so MixZing opens and want it to begin playing right away.

Sent from my DROIDX
    I think a limitation of Tasker, and any Android App, is that it cannot internally interface with another app unless the developer deliberately provides an interface. Unless the player automatically resumes every time it is started...probably not.
    Retirement, Its a tough job but someone has to do it

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 71.7%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    885 times
    Funk - I am adding a request for a possible profile - if you would like me to delete, I will as I know you want this thread for a specific purpose...however, I am in need of help to see if a specific task can be created / implemented...

Task to be created: Determine which keyboard to be used in which position (landscape - multi-touch / portrait - swype or vice versa)...can this be done? Does anyone what to attempt the profile?
    FunkUSMCRet likes this.
    Failure isn't falling down, failure is staying down.

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 71.7%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    885 times
    Is it possible to create a profile indicating with keyboard to use in either landscape or portrait position? Does anyone know? I have created a few simple profiles, nothing complex and I was hoping for some feedback...I have emailed the dev as well to see...but thoughts anyone?
    Failure isn't falling down, failure is staying down.

X Conveyor Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smalltowngirl13 View Post
    Funk - I am adding a request for a possible profile - if you would like me to delete, I will as I know you want this thread for a specific purpose...however, I am in need of help to see if a specific task can be created / implemented...

Task to be created: Determine which keyboard to be used in which position (landscape - multi-touch / portrait - swype or vice versa)...can this be done? Does anyone what to attempt the profile?
    While I appreciate the courtesy, I am actually a little tickled that you even asked... feel free to do whatever you would like. Cheers!
    smalltowngirl13 likes this.
    Scott
    USMC Ret.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads