Post your tasker profiles here

This is a discussion on Post your tasker profiles here within the Droid X Apps forums, part of the Droid X Extras category; So I set up a profile with the goal of muting my phone except for the alarm when it's plugged in at night. To do ...

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Post your tasker profiles here

So I set up a profile with the goal of muting my phone except for the alarm when it's plugged in at night. To do that, I just set "Silent Mode" to on when the profile activates. The profile itself seems to be working - I can see it's active in the notifications bar, and the silent icon shows up in the bar as well. My ringer doesn't go off, but for some reason all my notifications (texts, email) still make noise. Does anyone have any idea what could be going on? I'm using Handcent for SMS, and the default GMail client, if that helps at all.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Informant
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 69
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WeavShow View Post
    So I set up a profile with the goal of muting my phone except for the alarm when it's plugged in at night. To do that, I just set "Silent Mode" to on when the profile activates. The profile itself seems to be working - I can see it's active in the notifications bar, and the silent icon shows up in the bar as well. My ringer doesn't go off, but for some reason all my notifications (texts, email) still make noise. Does anyone have any idea what could be going on? I'm using Handcent for SMS, and the default GMail client, if that helps at all.
    Try adding another task to your existing profile for "Notification Volume" and setting level to 0.
    Retirement, Its a tough job but someone has to do it

X Operative
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 96
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I'm just trying to get concepts down here so I can do stuff without asking for specifics on each thing I'm trying to do. So I have a couple conceptual questions:
    1) is it possible to tell tasker to return a setting to its state previous to the tasker task running? Like can I have it turn GPS off, but only if it was off before I put it in the car dock, thus triggering the action? Another example would be setting the volume of something to whatever it was before the task started?
    2) is it possible to have a task be dependent upon another? For example can I tell it to launch my music app when i plugin the headphones, but not if its already running the car-dock task I previously setup (I plug the auxiliary input on my car stereo in and it doesn't know that its not headphones, which I want to have a lower volume)?

Thanks.

X Lurker Achievements:
    100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    It is supposed to return to the previous state, but the thing I've noticed is that the android internal task manager will leave apps open sometimes. Adding an exit task works pretty well, though. As for number two, you should be able to, though I haven't tried it. You can have multiple contexts for any given task, and tasker always treats it like an AND statement. Just make the other context an inversion of the task (I'm not positive you can do this) and it should work.

X Lurker Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Some things I have tasker doing for me:
    * when I open vignette (my camera app) or the camcorder app, turn screen brightness up to max, back down upon exit
    * Every six hours I have it select a new wallpaper for me
    When I hold my phone and simulate a quarterback throwing a football, it opens my NFL mobile app, turns screen brightness up, and media volume up
    * When wifi is not connected, turn wifi off (prevents battery drain when it gets stuck scanning)
    * Read my texts aloud when the phone is docked
    * Basically shut everything non-essential down when batter is below 20%
    * Turn screen brightness up when I open youtube
    * At noon everyday, I have it open my Einstein quotes and my Sagan quotes apps, so I can get a new quote from each of them daily without having to think about it or remember
    * When I turn my phone face down, it goes into airplane mode
    * When my phone is docked, screen brightness goes up, my texts are read aloud, my gps goes on, and navigation opens up (I only dock it when I'm going to use navigation)
    * When my phone rings, my screen brightness goes max for 15 seconds, then back down
    * When my headset is plugged in, my music app opens up
    * When my battery is fully charged, it notifies me so I can take it off
    * My phone shuffles through my 80 or so ringtones randomly so I get a different one each time someone calls
    * I have a widget that toggles keyguard on and off with one touch
    * I have one widget that will set my current location, and another that will open navigation to that point (useful for finding where you parked your car, where some bar is you want to come back to, etc)
    * When I get home, my wifi turns on and gps turns off (in case I forgot) and wifi shuts off when I leave (I don't really use it anywhere else)

By no means am I taking credit for all these, some came from the tasker site, some I modified, some I read places, and some I made myself. If anybody wants more detailed instructions on how to do any of these, I'll be glad to post a walkthrough for any of them. I do have one other one, but it involves a rather obscene gesture lol

X Conveyor Achievements:
    500 Experience PointsTagger Second Class250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Grew up in a small mine outside of Pittsburgh, PA, now living in NC.
    Liked
    8 times
    There needs to be a place where we can get a downloadable file with tons of profiles (or a list that you can check and it will download them) to save me the time of trying to figure it out! LOL I've seen a basic set on wiki and walk throughs but I'm still not validated (waiting the 26 hours it takes for payment to be verified)? I think several of the things I'd like to do aren't doable b/c I'm not validated yet... anyway, looks like it has a ton of features that I'm definitely going to be using. Probably one of the best apps on the market worth purchasing.
    Scott
    USMC Ret.

"For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    "To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded."

X Operative
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 96
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RMHisCOOL View Post
    It is supposed to return to the previous state, but the thing I've noticed is that the android internal task manager will leave apps open sometimes. Adding an exit task works pretty well, though. As for number two, you should be able to, though I haven't tried it. You can have multiple contexts for any given task, and tasker always treats it like an AND statement. Just make the other context an inversion of the task (I'm not positive you can do this) and it should work.
    Thanks that's very helpful. Does anyone know if there's a way to tell it to go into true vibrate mode? Where everything vibrates and the icon is in the taskbar?

EDIT: I found it. Its just silent mode, but then there's a vibrate option.
    Last edited by the_Fiddler; 08-08-2010 at 10:52 AM.

X Lurker Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    The email that gets sent to your gmail immediately has the order #. That's the number you have to put in, so you shouldn't have to wait at all. Unless you purchased directly from the developer, in which case I'm not sure how that works.

X Informant
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 69
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkUSMCRet View Post
    There needs to be a place where we can get a downloadable file with tons of profiles (or a list that you can check and it will download them) to save me the time of trying to figure it out! LOL I've seen a basic set on wiki and walk throughs but I'm still not validated (waiting the 26 hours it takes for payment to be verified)? I think several of the things I'd like to do aren't doable b/c I'm not validated yet... anyway, looks like it has a ton of features that I'm definitely going to be using. Probably one of the best apps on the market worth purchasing.
    See my post on 7/31 in this thread about the forum I set up to upload, download and discuss Tasker Profiles.
    Retirement, Its a tough job but someone has to do it

X Conveyor Achievements:
    500 Experience PointsTagger Second Class250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Grew up in a small mine outside of Pittsburgh, PA, now living in NC.
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kb4ob View Post
    OK it occurred to me this morning that I already have a Forum at: RV Web Network Forums Home - Index and I added a Android Mobile category to this forum plus created a dedicated Tasker Board.
    The forum has the Tapatalk package installed and I added .xml as allowable file upload types.
    I also created a test post with a profile attached I had from my phone but cannot figure out how to grab it with Tapatalk.
    I can see and download it with Dolphin browser though.
    Note: you will have to register to see attachments or post.

Thanks... but there's only about 5 or 6 profiles there... we need to start a thread on here with profiles and info etc.
    Scott
    USMC Ret.

"For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    "To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded."

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads