Post your tasker profiles here

This is a discussion on Post your tasker profiles here within the Droid X Apps forums, part of the Droid X Extras category; Originally Posted by kb4ob I manage websites and would be willing to create an online storage location where users can download profile xml files from ...

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Post your tasker profiles here

X Informant Achievements:
    3 months registered31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kb4ob View Post
    I manage websites and would be willing to create an online storage location where users can download profile xml files from if there is enough interest.
    Contributions would have to be emailed to me as attachments which I can upload since I do not have anonymous FTP capability through my host.
    I think that would be great. Could people post tips and tutorials there too?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    kb4ob likes this.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

3 months registered31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Car and Media Dock:

So my media dock widget will become moot with the fix to option two of the car dock profile. Download Dock simulator from the market, free

X Informant
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 69
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nojogray View Post
    I think that would be great. Could people post tips and tutorials there too?

OK it occurred to me this morning that I already have a Forum at: RV Web Network Forums Home - Index and I added a Android Mobile category to this forum plus created a dedicated Tasker Board.
    The forum has the Tapatalk package installed and I added .xml as allowable file upload types.
    I also created a test post with a profile attached I had from my phone but cannot figure out how to grab it with Tapatalk.
    I can see and download it with Dolphin browser though.
    Note: you will have to register to see attachments or post.
    smalltowngirl13 and nojogray like this.
    Retirement, Its a tough job but someone has to do it

X Informant
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    OK it occurred to me this morning that I already have a Forum at: RV Web Network Forums Home - Index and I added a Android Mobile category to this forum plus created a dedicated Tasker Board.
    The forum has the Tapatalk package installed and I added .xml as allowable file upload types.
    I also created a test post with a profile attached I had from my phone but cannot figure out how to grab it with Tapatalk.
    I uploaded three new profiles this morning that I created on my Droid X that may or may not be useful to others.
    One of these appears to fix a WIFI problem that has been driving me nuts.
    I had to use the Mini Opera browser to upload them from my X since that is currently the only one that will allow uploads from the web interface.

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    885 times
    This is awesome that they will be online..thanks for doing this!
    Failure isn't falling down, failure is staying down.

250 Experience PointsTagger Second Class100 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Wow this is one killer app. Talk about powerful...blows Locale away in my opinion (maybe not in ease of use though). Thanks for all the posts about this, going to have to figure this one out!
    BlackBerry Pearl > BlackBerry Storm > Motorola Droid > Motorola Droid X

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Tips on Location Context

Here are a few tips I have found when setting a location context. The key is to understand the two kinds of fixes and how they are calculated.

GPS: GPS satellites use atomic clocks to have the most accurate time possible. They send the signals to your device and, based on the amount of time it takes to get there, gives a distance from that satellite. Three satellites give you a position while a fourth can give elevation. The more satellites, the more accurate the fix. Be sure to set your radius large enough. When they sell GPS, they will tell you it is accurate to a couple of meters. In practice, it is usually 20 meters or more. When you are inside, the precision of GPS (yes, there is a difference in precision and accuracy) will decrease or it will stop working all together. If you are going to only use GPS fixes, it is important to look at your phone settings and set a proper fix frequency (how often it takes a fix). Too often will eat your battery but not often enough and the context might not trip before you get inside.

Net: The 'net' fix is the same as the Assisted GPS (aGPS) on your phone. It uses the signal strength from cell towers to triangulate your position. The down side is that its accuracy can be as great as 1800 meters (at work, it says I am in the middle of the Chesapeake bay). The up side is that it works any where you have a signal, including inside. One suggestion is to have the Tasker App take a net fix while you are sitting at the location you are trying to set. Where ever it shows up, it will probably be withing a few hundred meters of that spot every time.

Overall: If you are going to use both net and GPS, try finding where the net fix is first (for me, about 300 meters from my house when sitting on my couch). Then, set the location flag half way in between that and where you want to be. Last, set the radius of the location to include both the net and actual (GPS) fixes. This should make it so that the context always trips.

X Operative Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Ok, I am trying out this app for my wife - we want it to do something simple for starters... and so far it is failing miserably. Maybe it's ME thats failing though... so I thought I would ask for help.

The first thing we want it to do is to turn her phone ringer on silent when she gets to work - and to turn the ringer up to full when she leaves work. (by gps of course)

I am sure there are other things we will want it to do - but there aint much point if it can't do at LEAST this one thing first.

If anyone can tell me step by step how to do this - as either this simple task is beyond the programs abilities (which seems unlikely) or I just can't figure out how to do it (which seems quite likely).

Thank you for your help
    Rob
    REAL men practice Biblical Hermeneutics!

X Informant
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by supahrob View Post
    Ok, I am trying out this app for my wife - we want it to do something simple for starters... and so far it is failing miserably. Maybe it's ME thats failing though... so I thought I would ask for help.

The first thing we want it to do is to turn her phone ringer on silent when she gets to work - and to turn the ringer up to full when she leaves work. (by gps of course)

I am sure there are other things we will want it to do - but there aint much point if it can't do at LEAST this one thing first.

If anyone can tell me step by step how to do this - as either this simple task is beyond the programs abilities (which seems unlikely) or I just can't figure out how to do it (which seems quite likely).

Thank you for your help
    Rob

OK, I'll try.
    Assuming that you have the GPS in her phone on or that you are using Verizon's mapping software and that you are at her office for the initial Task.

Open up Tasker and Hit Settings Key, then select "Show Context Selector".
    This will bring up a screen with 6 icons at top.
    Select the flag icon then select New at bottom of screen which will open up the map application.
    The map screen will have two toggles at the bottom (1 for Net) and (1 for GPS) toggle Net off if you are not using Verizons service.
    Click on "Get Fix" and allow the GPS to find your wifes office location( you have to be at her office), then determine what distance around her office you want the Tasker action to trigger which will probably be determined by office size.
    Once the green flag shows up on the map click "Done" and it will prompt you for name. ie... "Wifes Office"
    Next click on + sign in Task screen and select "Audio" then select "Ringer Volume", then take the Level slider all the way to 0
    Then click "Done" and click "Done" again to exit and save your Profile. This should take you back to your initial screen with all of the icons.
    Lightly tap on the task you just created which should bring up a "Task Options" menu.
    Select "Add Exit Task" then select Audio, then Ringer Volume and move slider back to about midway. This should turn her ringer back on when the leaves the triggering area.
    Click Done twice. You should now see your completed task. insure that Tasker is on by verifying that green bar is illuminated in lower right corner of screen and click Apply.

I haven't tested this but you should be able to fine tune it and you may have to tinker with it.

You could also do the same thing with the clock profile function (clock icon) on Context Screen assumming that she always gets to work the same time every day but you may have to create a second profile for when she leaves work to turn her ringer back on.
    And/Or you can create another time related function to turn her GPS on around the time she leaves home every day. The possibilities are endless.
    Last edited by kb4ob; 08-05-2010 at 08:33 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Instead of turning the ringer down, try audio > silent mode > mode > vibrate

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads