Post your tasker profiles here

This is a discussion on Post your tasker profiles here within the Droid X Apps forums, part of the Droid X Extras category; Originally Posted by tracey I have a question: If I have a profile set to turn my phone on silent when I am on campus ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Post your tasker profiles here

X Lurker
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 0.8%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Alternative Location Setting Using Cell Towers & WiFi

Quote Originally Posted by tracey View Post
    I have a question: If I have a profile set to turn my phone on silent when I am on campus and in class, but if I go inside and lose the GPS fix will the ringer then come back on? Oh, also, I set an LED notification for when my battery is fully charged, but it adds an icon to my notification bar that won't go away until I click it or clear it. Does anyone know how to get rid of it altogether or make it disappear when I unplug the phone?
    First question about your GPS profile, the answer is yes. Most likely it will revert.

I would tie this instead based on maybe %CELLID OR %WIFII (yes, two I's) search these variables while at class and see which would be most helpful.

No, I don't mean while in class... that's important and you pay too much (probably) to spend your time while there pursuing this. Do this on your own free time, while around school.

I should mention, using %WIFII will be more battery intensive than using %CELLID. But, %CELLID maybe less reliable.

For your second question, try using a clear notification task based on the notification name and tie it to a profile context when the phone state POWER !~ ANY.

Hope this helps!

Best of luck with your silencing context.
    You may have better luck reading how I detail my phone to silence for work based on my calender event entries (detailed later on in this forum)
    Last edited by Pain; 07-21-2013 at 04:27 PM.
    - Most people play games on their phone, I play Tasker. Download my perfected Tasker projects

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by meltor View Post
    hey guys ,tying out tasker ,does anyone have something that will open a task at a certain location?i need to open carr matey automatically at heb parking lot.any help will be appreciated.
    Try using tasker with the plug-in AutoLocation. Or, Taskers own location based context works very well.

I will detail that later when I post my auto-reply to wife with location profile.
    Last edited by Pain; 07-21-2013 at 04:27 PM.
    - Most people play games on their phone, I play Tasker. Download my perfected Tasker projects

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

How To Import Profile(s)/Task(s) Into Tasker

Quote Originally Posted by Count_Zero View Post
    I just downloaded and installed Tasker. I went to the Wiki and found the profiles and tasks and downloaded them to my PC. But when I connect my phone (DROID X) to the PC, I can't find a folder on the SDCard for Tasker, so I don't know where to put the profile and task files. Am I missing something here?
    Nope, you're not.

The process for importing those files into tasker is mostly undocumented and/or incorrect.

Here is how I do it:
    Download the zip files to your device.
    Unzip them from your downloads folder.
    You should now have .xml files!
    Some will be profile_.xml, task_.xml, scene_.xml, or varients thereof.
    Move these files into the "auto-import" folder
    (very misleading since there is nothing "auto" about it)

ANYHOW, now get into tasker, create a new project and then long press on the TASK button in that project and select import.
    Now, import all your tasks from the auto-import folder!
    Repeat this process for the desired profiles.

VIOLA!
    You now have the project with all the profiles, tasks, and don't forget any scenes if they were included!

When importing an entire project as my dropbox includes, simply long click on the main tasker global project and select import. That will import an entire project without the confusion of creating a project to import into first.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Pain; 07-21-2013 at 04:31 PM.

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Linking Last Music Played Between Independent Events

Quote Originally Posted by par0016 View Post
    Anyone know how to use tasker to automatically play music when you open the google play music app or insert headphones?
    Yes:
    Create task, first Action - Plug-in AutoShortcut, Configure: (Select playlist)
    second Action, Media - Media Controls, Simulate: Play SIMULATE: Yes. NOW,

create two new profile contexts
    1) Event: Headphone insert entry task, what you created.
    2) State: App, Google Play, entry task, the one you just created.

HOWEVER, I suspect this will not actually be what you're looking for so... try this.

Creat a task, First Action, Media - Simulate: Play, SIMULATE: Yes if %MTRACK ~SET.
    Then, create another task, First Action, Media - Stop, Clear Directory: NO. Using your Google Play profile and your headphones inserted profile, add the entry task with the task that has the if %MTRACK is set condition in it to both, and the last task created containing the Stop command as the exit task.

You will need to set whatever music you're playing the first time through (load Google music and select an album) but after that it should be automatic from there! And, it should resume whatever track was left off on if you exit Google music and later plug in your headphones.

If you have trouble, try removing the if %MTRACK ~SET condition. Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Pain; 07-19-2013 at 03:02 PM.

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Automatically Sending Certain Calls To Voicemaill Using Tasker

Quote Originally Posted by jus10sense View Post
    I have Tasker and and I use Google Voice as my work number. I also have the Google Voice Add-On for Tasker. What I would like is for a specific group to go directly to voicemail when it is not business hours (M-F, 9-5). Can anyone offer a walkthrough, or point me in the right direction. Sorry, I am a noob to Tasker language. Thanks in advance!
    From what I have researched, and I could be wrong, but this most be handled directly by Google Voice services, since tasker deals with your local device, and not all the others. However, for your device you can try profile context based on time and day, then add Call Event from specified group of people. Then tie this profile context to a simple task with a single event, block call.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Pain; 07-21-2013 at 04:31 PM.

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Troubleshooting Tasker Profile Context Activations

Let me apologize in advance for the length of this post. I wanted to include this though since it details troubleshooting the frustrations a user may encounter when first attempting to use tasker. To begin, I should mention my device only has two settings, stay awake while charging, or don't. Thing is, the screen always activates when the device is charging (will not turn off automatically if always awake is active) and removed from charging (reverts to display timeout). Both requiring a user to manually hit the display button to turn off the screen immediately (and I'm lazy). Plus, these actions totally defeat the user friendlyness of a charging pad!

So, I FIRST PURCHASED TASKER with the intent of completing a simple (I thought at the time) action; if my display was off and my phone was charging, I wanted my screen not to turn on, until I toggled the display on. Then, keep the screen on until manually toggled again while charging. However, if my display was on and my phone was plugged in, then I wanted the screen to remain on until I press the display off button. Sounds simple enough and pretty straight-forward, right?

Imagine my dismay discovering tasker is not able to directly turn the screen off. For weeks this was the source of frustration. I also tried using the display timeout to minimum setting, but that took too long to be ideal and also seemed to only work intermittently. However, after playing around with the application I discovered that taskers lock screen action had the same effect of immediately turning the screen off. I tried to adapt this action into my display off task.

However again, sometimes it would actually perform the action other times it was completely ignored. Reviewing the tasker run logs and times led me to discover the tasks were never activating during those times. Which led me to try to determine what was failing with the condition context? I played around with the power on, plug in, device charging, context and that seemed to be recognizing every situation which the phone was charging or not immediately, regardless of - if the display was on or off. So, that seemed to check out.

Then, I determined a method of monitoring the screen / display context by doing the following:
    I set a task action, Misc. Say - screen is %SCREEN, display is off.
    And another task where it begins, Misc. Say - screen is %SCREEN, display is on.
    Both actions ended with going to the first action after waiting a few seconds. I then tied those tasks to profile contexts based on whether the Event: display on or off context applied respectively.
    The display on had an enter and exit task, the display off only an enter task, since I wanted to isolate when the tasker recognized the display on. Then activated the profiles and exited Tasker.

Almost immediately my phone began saying the, screen is on, display is on, and repeating.

Once my phone screen was turned off my phone begin to say, screen is off, display is off.

THEN, it did NOT repeat.

It said, the screen is off, the display is ON! And CONTINUED to repeat the same pattern! The screen is off, the display is off, the screen is off, the display is ON! What was going on here?!?

Well, it appeared the display on context is also directly tied to if my LED is lit even for just a flash! My led will flash orange or green depending on level, every few seconds, while on battery... so, that's not going to work for a context!

This explains why the profile context only was active (what felt like) %50 of the time. The other times, when my LED was on, the profile context was not met so the profile did not activate.
    In this situation, tying the profile context to %SCREEN rather than using Event: Display will be more reliable. (I have perfected this profile for my use, and it is available for download. I created a new variable, %Slide_lock for the screen actions and it works beautifully! The limitation is when used in combination with apps that disable the lockscreen, i.e. the new Google maps update. But, those apps typically disable screen timeout also when used so its not much of a limitation) Hope this helps someone!
    Last edited by Pain; 07-19-2013 at 02:58 PM.

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Auto Alert to Changes in Background Variables

Certain master variables like %WIN (current window title), %CELLID (current cell tower ID), %CELLSIG (current signal strength), %IMETHOD (comma-seperated list of current input method), %LIGHT (current lumens value of ambient light), and %NTITLE (title of notification), are all very useful for loads of reasons ONLY IF you know what the values are! How can you be notified when the are set to a value, and what that value is?

Well, here's an example how using %WIN:
    First, create a task, First Action, Variable Clear - %Repeat (or any useful Globally defined user variable to be set next BUT cleared FIRST)
    Next Action, Variable set - %Repeat to 1,
    Next Action, misc. Say - Current window label %WIN (you can add if %SILENT ~ off and then add a flash alert for %WIN if %SILENT !~ off)
    (Might want to also add a WAIT action, for a few seconds time)
    Next Action, Variable Add - %Repeat Value: 1. Next Action, GOTO - Action 3 (the misc. Say action) if %Repeat != 4 (or any number of times you want the alert repeated) It will alert a change in value 3 times using the value 4.
    Next Action, Variable set - %Win to %WIN.
    Next action, Stop Task.

Now create a profile context, Variable Value: %WIN !~ *WIN + Variable Value: %Repeat ! SET, and the entry task will be what you created.
    New profile context, %WIN !~ %Win + Variable Value: %Repeat = 4 (or whatever value used in the of condition of the GOTO action), and the entry task for this profile will be the one you just created.

Try it out! Hope this helps someone!
    Last edited by Pain; 07-19-2013 at 03:00 PM.

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Smart Screen While Charging Using Tasker

For automating screen on/off when entering/exiting a charging state. You'll also quickly create a very useful "anti-theft" profile variable, %Slide_lock, for later use. I find having the screen automatically turning on is annoying, even to those around me!

Here is what I did that always works %100 (after days of testing too!)

First I created a new task, only Action, Variable set - %Slide_lock ~ enabled.
    Next Action, Stay On - Never.

Create a new profile, context State: Variable Value - %SCREEN ~ off and the entry task is what you just created with %Slide_lock ~ enabled.

NOW, create a new task, only Action, Variable set - %Slide_lock ~ disabled.
    Next Action, Settings - Stay On Mode: AC Power.

Then create a new profile context Event: Display Unlocked and the entry task will be the Variable set: %Slide_lock ~ disabled.

NOW, create a new task, we'll call it, Smart Screen Enter, first Action, System Lock if %Slide_lock ~ enabled.
    NOW, create a new task, call it, Smart Screen Exit, only Action, System Lock if %Slide_lock ~ enabled.
    Now tie these two tasks (as entry and exit) into a profile context State: POWER ~ Any.

That's it!

Now, if your screen is on because YOU ARE USING IT, it will stay on while charging until turned off. If your screen is off, and your device exits or enters a charging state, then your screen should remain off (might briefly flicker but will revert to off) I should mention I also turned off the "stay awake while charging" feature in the system settings on my device firmware.

I LOVE how my screen works now! Hope this helps someone!

UPDATED! Download my Tasker Smart Screen Project. The update includes a fix for situations when a notification pops in the foreground on your device while charging, that is ignored (sleeping through an alarm, for example), then the screen display will not remain on, which could potentially overheat your device.

This is now resolved.

A similar profile uses the variable %SCREEN to dictate the actions listed above without creating or using the variable %Slide_lock, but I could not achieve repeat desired results when testing.
    This project was only %100 when using %Slide_lock for me.
    Repeating actions using %SCREEN resulted in a failure to obtain desired results when repeated every third time, without the user interacting with the device. I could not track down the reason (it made NO sense) so, I resolved it by creating this variable, and really the end result is the most ideal anyways.
    Last edited by Pain; 07-19-2013 at 03:06 PM.

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Changing Speech Using Your Voice

In this project, I will demonstrate using the (?.+) command. Also, setting command ID when recognizing all vocal commands for specific task actions. In addition, narrowing desired action response when using (?.+) in situations where more than one desired command would apply, but defining specific commands would be overwhelming.

Rather than posting every detail here, I have labeled NEARLY EVERY significant detail in the task actions themselves for clarity and aided comprehension.
    HOWEVER, you will need to review the Voice, Reset task and set your desired values using the test feature. I suggest reviewing the Voice, Change task to get an idea of the recognized commands and structure.

Access my completed Tasker projects here

This project does require the AutoVoice plug-in but, can be modified simply to work if you do not have the full version (though it's ability will still be limited) and if you don't have the full version of AutoVoice, I highly recommend it!

To run this project: %Voice_Pitch ~ (1:10) / %Voice_Speed ~ (1:10) they can be defined first manually or test task Voice, Reset and they will match my preferred values.

Try saying, "Can you randomize your voice?", "Make it way faster!", "What's your slowest voice?". The project will interprite your statements to the best definition available and ask, "do you really think this voice is better?" Say yes to save your values. Or, adjust the voice based on your desires when prompted.

Setting any further misc. Say actions to these global variable values for pitch and speed will adjust the voice to your desire!
    I should mention, it has been edited for simplicity, and will not work properly for commands like, "your voice is too slow". It will result in slowing the voice further, if possible. A work around this would need to include provisions when command is stated, "I need you to slow it down" which then just gets too complicated for these action tasks in this example and would probably be best using a SL4A or javascriplet otherwise it would get complicated, and that's if the recognized command is 100% accurate.

Hope this helps someone!
    Last edited by Pain; 07-19-2013 at 03:10 PM.

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Random Greetings and Goodbyes

Having your device say, "Hello, Clarice..." or something risqué such as, "I like when you use more than one finger" might be hilarious in some situations, but would certainly disastrous in others! Even if your device said a phrase in the wrong tone it could be interpreted totally differently by those around you.

This project will cover setting a random greeting array, and pushing array elements for those random positions to suitable elements based on user definitions. Also, reverting the array elements back to user desired values all in a few easy tasks. I have even included a simple profile based off the %Slide_lock variable created by the Smart Screen Project (don't have it? Why not?!?) so you can try out some of the random greetings and goodbyes I have included.

You will need to download the text files RandomGreeting and RandomGoodbye to a Recorded/Notes/ directory off your main directory for it to function without editing the read text file locations in the actions.

PLEASE, let's get some participation with some random ideas for hello's and goodbyes to include!
    Send me a message and I will append them for everyone! I have been working on text files that would mimick the speech of a certain little green alien, and suddenly talk like him, your phone will. Those are available on there also.

For myself, I use the array push task as an enter task when %CALTITLE ~R Work. And the array set as the exit task. Very simple!

Hope this helps someone!
    Last edited by Pain; 07-19-2013 at 03:22 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Ads