Executive Assistant - App, Homescreen Widget, Lockscreen

This is a discussion on Executive Assistant - App, Homescreen Widget, Lockscreen within the Droid X Apps forums, part of the Droid X Extras category; Originally Posted by Bags533 Last week I configured my lockscreen to not have any tabs-, and the unlock slider was at the bottom of the ...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Executive Assistant - App, Homescreen Widget, Lockscreen

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 71.7%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    885 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bags533 View Post
    Last week I configured my lockscreen to not have any tabs-, and the unlock slider was at the bottom of the screen. I really liked having no tabs, but yet still having the SMS, Email, Calls, Tasks icons listed vertically.

I was messing with it today, and poof- can't get back to the configuration I have listed above. Sure would appreciate some assistance.
    Did you open the settings from the widget or the app in the app tray...had you backed up your settings? If you had, I would possibly uninstall / reinstall and see if you can access settings to restore.
    Failure isn't falling down, failure is staying down.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Lurker
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smalltowngirl13 View Post
    Did you open the settings from the widget or the app in the app tray...had you backed up your settings? If you had, I would possibly uninstall / reinstall and see if you can access settings to restore.
    I opened settings from the app in the app tray.

Is it still considered a widget if it's on the lockscreen?

X Lurker
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bags533 View Post
    I opened settings from the app in the app tray.

Is it still considered a widget if it's on the lockscreen?
    Edit to add:
    Reinstall worked like a champ. Thanks.

X Lurker
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Weatherbug widget on lockscreen

Thanks for the details. I can't seem to find the weatherbug widget that you used in your screen shot. My only gripe about this EA app is that lack of native email. I downloaded enhanced, so that i could view the excahnge email summary.

Quote Originally Posted by smalltowngirl13 View Post
    I wanted to share my favorite app with everyone...It is Executive Assistant...it is a multi-purpose app (can be used as an app, widget on the homescreen and a lockscreen).

The first picture, is my homescreen widget - the tabs at the bottom are links to the dialer, calendar, email, sms, rss feeds, twitter and facebook - one tap shows the tab on this screen and two taps will take you into the dedicated app that you have linked it to. You can choose which tabs to show or not show - you do not have to have them all showing.
    The second picture: if you tap above the tab and in the space where the wording is (you can do this in all of the spaces above the respective tabs), you will get a second window that displays the tab info...for this example you are seeing my texts, you can reply to a text from this screen or use the green dialog box and access your default app. The other buttons at the bottom are Done (exit), Circle (refresh), Clear (clears the list here and on your home screen, texts are still in your app this is not a delete button), multi-icons (this will take you into your settings menu). The buttons at the bottom are pretty consistent across all the tabs - however, the voice tab has where you can link to your voicemail (google voice, vvm, etc). My print on this screen is set to small - you can make it larger as well.

Attachment 783Attachment 787

For the lockscreen, you can also customize it or basically leave it blank. The bar below the notification bar is part of the app and will appear regardless of whatever else you put on the lockscreen. You can have the same tabs at the bottom and they will display the info as well without unlocking your phone. You can place most any widget here - including a music widget.
    The first picture is is my lockscreen - when I turn my phone on, this is the screen I see (ICE app, gauge battery widget, WeatherBug with transparent background).
    The second picture is the two types of lock features (press the back arrow to get to the lock feature) - a pin code lock and green slider lock (it is below the pin pad on the line above the tabs). You must have a the lock feature enabled in the phone's settings to use the lock feature of EA. If you press home to try and bypass the lock screen, you will be presented with the stock lock screen.

Attachment 784Attachment 785

It is all real easy to setup and use. The dev is great and responsive if you have questions. I'd be happy to answer any questions if ya have any. There is a free version (ad supported) and a paid version (no adds). It does support POP/IMAP email - you have to download it as an add-on.

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 71.7%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    885 times
    Quote Originally Posted by klugey1 View Post
    Thanks for the details. I can't seem to find the weatherbug widget that you used in your screen shot. My only gripe about this EA app is that lack of native email. I downloaded enhanced, so that i could view the excahnge email summary.
    WeatherBug Elite is what I used for the weatherbug widget....
    Failure isn't falling down, failure is staying down.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Remove Ads

Ads