Top Droid X Apps

This is a discussion on Top Droid X Apps within the Droid X Apps forums, part of the Droid X Extras category; Originally Posted by Yarzospatflute You should check out their video tutorials page. You can do some really cool stuff with swype. I love swype, it ...

Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Top Droid X Apps

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Thumbs up Swype is a technological marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarzospatflute View Post
    You should check out their video tutorials page. You can do some really cool stuff with swype.
    I love swype, it does take time to become proficient, but once you get it under control you will love how easy it is to type simple sentences like this one. I definitly agree you should view and perform the tutorials.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Informant Achievements:
    250 Experience Points31 days registeredCreated Album pictures100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Swype definitely takes some getting used to...

X Conveyor Achievements:
    500 Experience PointsTagger Second Class250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Grew up in a small mine outside of Pittsburgh, PA, now living in NC.
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RolandDeschain View Post
    Wow, 59 ratings and it has a full 5-star average. Is it really that good?
    Can't recall if I already replied to your post... but yes, it is that good. It allows you to search for gas, restaurants, Businesses, People and movies within your search distance criteria... also you can save all the contact info directly to your address book (ALL info like address, phone, fax, website etc). It's just a very good app and I use it frequently. Try it you'll see how nice the interface is.
    Scott
    USMC Ret.

"For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    "To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded."

X Operative Achievements:
    Created Album pictures250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Ok...after owning my DX now for 2 weeks...here is my list of my top 5 favorite apps (by category) so far:

For wallpapers and ringtones...Zedge
    For overall news...USA Today
    For business news...Fox Business
    Text messages...Handcent
    Time killing game...Toss it
    Don't just take a trip...go on a journey

X Operative
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    So, I took a chance and bought Tasker. It's about $6 USD. Holy crap, it is amazing. It's also rather complicated and has a steep learning curve; but there's a lot of documentation and help for it. It lets you automate virtually ANYTHING with your phone. I currently have two profiles setup, one that turns vibrate mode on at 8:30am and turns it off at 5pm Mon-Fri so it's always on vibrate at work, and the other profile sets my screen brightness to 15% at 10pm and sets it back to automatic brightness at 5am. Next up: going to have it automatically turn GPS on when car dock app launches.

It's truly limitless. The options are mind-boggling. EVERYONE should buy this app; but don't get frustrated by its complexity, lol.
    FunkUSMCRet likes this.

X Conveyor Achievements:
    500 Experience PointsTagger Second Class250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Grew up in a small mine outside of Pittsburgh, PA, now living in NC.
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RolandDeschain View Post
    So, I took a chance and bought Tasker. It's about $6 USD. Holy crap, it is amazing. It's also rather complicated and has a steep learning curve; but there's a lot of documentation and help for it. It lets you automate virtually ANYTHING with your phone. I currently have two profiles setup, one that turns vibrate mode on at 8:30am and turns it off at 5pm Mon-Fri so it's always on vibrate at work, and the other profile sets my screen brightness to 15% at 10pm and sets it back to automatic brightness at 5am. Next up: going to have it automatically turn GPS on when car dock app launches.

It's truly limitless. The options are mind-boggling. EVERYONE should buy this app; but don't get frustrated by its complexity, lol.
    I bought it and then thought "do I really need this app" and uninstalled it. Please keep me posted on how it's working for you... from everything I read it sounds great but I think I was just too lazy to sit down and set things up.
    Scott
    USMC Ret.

"For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    "To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded."

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkUSMCRet View Post
    I bought it and then thought "do I really need this app" and uninstalled it.
    Yea, I was hyped but then realized it would be useless to me as my life isn't that structured, I never wake up at the same time, go to work at the same time, etc.

Where's My Droid, Say My Name, Calorie Counter, Red Box Codes, Yelp, EasyTether, SlingPlayer, FiOs Mobile Remote, Verizon DVR Manager...I can go on...

Anyone know what App I can use to watch Netflix movies instantly on my phone? Saw it on youtube using Slingplayer, but that person may have a ROKU digital media player at home in order to view it on their phone. Still trying to figure it out.

X Operative
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by InLuvwithDroidX View Post
    Anyone know what App I can use to watch Netflix movies instantly on my phone? Saw it on youtube using Slingplayer, but that person may have a ROKU digital media player at home in order to view it on their phone. Still trying to figure it out.
    Not going to happen for right now, Netflix needs to come out with an official Android app. The problem is that online movie streaming from Netflix uses Microsoft Silverlight, (which is kind of like Adobe Flash) which isn't available on linux or Android yet.

Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads