Is there a way to remove the "conversation" style of text messages? Or split convos?

This is a discussion on Is there a way to remove the "conversation" style of text messages? Or split convos? within the Droid X Apps forums, part of the Droid X Extras category; Older phones had it so that messages received would go into an inbox sorted by date by default, and messages sent in an outbox. Smartphones ...

Thread: Is there a way to remove the "conversation" style of text messages? Or split convos?

Is there a way to remove the "conversation" style of text messages? Or split convos?

Older phones had it so that messages received would go into an inbox sorted by date by default, and messages sent in an outbox. Smartphones have them stored by contact and then in conversation style with the sent and received messages merged into one clunky page. I'd prefer to be able to just open up one message, and reply to it or delete it, instead of having to deal with this conversation format to find a message I'm looking for.

Alternatively, since I know that a step "backward" like that is unlikely to be doable, is there a way to make it so conversations between the same contact on different dates show up as separate conversations? Or maybe after there's a dead-time of a few hours or so it triggers a new conversation, or just it gives me the option? I mainly just don't want every single message from the same contact on the same page and would prefer a more accessible yet still organized setup.

I've tried HandCent, and that didn't really help. It did give me the popup feature I depend on, though, so I'll probably stick with that and just get used to this awkward new format.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    I dont think there is an App that can make the text message box function like that.
    Droid Does

I am not affiliated with Techtv or The Screen Savers

Agent X
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 142
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesThree Friends100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I have not heard of anything like that. You could always go to appbrain or something and do a search to see if any apps could make that work. I personally like the new set up and use handcent. Good luck!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Droid Does!!!
    Droid X-Blackberry Curve- EnV2- Razr- some other random phones I cannot remember!

Remove Ads

Ads