Apps in market for droid x?

This is a discussion on Apps in market for droid x? within the Droid X Apps forums, part of the Droid X Extras category; I have been noticing with seemingly increasing frequency, that a number of apps I have been pulling up on the market are showing up as ...

Thread: Apps in market for droid x?

X Lurker Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Apps in market for droid x?

I have been noticing with seemingly increasing frequency, that a number of apps I have been pulling up on the market are showing up as not available on the droid x...anyone know why that might be? Getting frustrating.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Operative
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Depending on what app you are talking about. But mostly is because of Verizon themselves. Like the tethering programs were disqualified within the Market from any Verizon Wireless Androids by Verizon themselves.
    Team Black Hat app was pulled from Market by Google themselves because Google said that Team Black Hat broken the Market policy.
    I also notice that some apps were pulled by the developers themselves too. Android Market is definitely a dynamic market. I just wish that Google had a deposit of apps that were abandon by their developers.
    I personally feel that Google is in between a rock and a hard place in dealing with the cellular provider companies, smartphone/tablet manufactures and the media industry. Google knowing that if they are going the make their projects work successfully (in the way Google wants) they will have to work these companies. I just wish Google had more backbone to shove a little more with these companies to get a little more power back to the customers. I am still hoping that Google will get so annoyed with these companies that they will end up shoving back by giving us customers some power back.
    The smartphone/tablet manufactures, like Motorola, are also in that same in between a rock and a hard place in dealing with the cellular provider companies. Which I believe is the reason for the bootloader being locked in Droid X. Which I believe is the reason for the delay of Verizon in approving the Droid X Gingerbread.
    Though Google has told the manufactures to tone down their custom launchers, like Moto Blur, and bloat ware. But again, Google has to work with these manufactures too.
    It would be interesting if there is a study on this delicate business dance with the relationships of these companies with Android platform.
    But in the mean time we have to find ways to work around these annoying road blocks to do what we want to and should be able to do in the first place.
    Last edited by jaguarxt; 05-25-2011 at 12:46 AM.

X Lurker Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Mostly I am interested in some of the more 'commercial' apps that come up on the market, but when try to DL, it shows as not compatible on droid x (grayed out, cant continue). Noticed it on several, but some of the ones I happened to notice yesterday were all of the MLB (Red Sox woohoo!) apps (At Bat 11, the ones authorized by MLB); one of the ESPN apps; the app for the New England Sports Network (NESN); Netflix. I have seen others but those happened to be the 'official/commercial' ones I was looking at yesterday. Understand about some of the developer-related stuff (i.e. bootstrapper, roms etc) but am not looking at those at the moment. More interested in the stuff that should be available on stock 2.2/2.3, but for some reason is showing incompatible with droid x specifically (not the Android system or market).

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 88
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I had this same problem... This is what I did & was an easy fix...

Go into your phones application management settings.. Then find the Market... Then clear all data...

Once you go back into the market, reenter ur info & you shouldn't be having this problem anymore...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

X Lurker Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Just tried it, didnt change anything. Also should note that the device incompatibility message is coming up on the market website when im browsing apps from my laptop.

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Overall activity: 1.2%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    google reminds me of a wealthy, spoiled, pouting brat who cannot do what's right because it lacks adult supervision.
    the hundreds of billions of dollars it has and its private jet trips to witness eclipses has eclipsed its feeble grasp on reality.
    long live the king; off with its head.
    where's that damn guillotine?
    running gingerbread 602 SBF

Remove Ads

Ads