Podcasting app?

This is a discussion on Podcasting app? within the Droid X Apps forums, part of the Droid X Extras category; I'm trying to find out if there's an app that will allow downloads directly to my droid without having to connect to my computer. I've ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Podcasting app?

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 124
    Overall activity: 2.2%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times

Podcasting app?

I'm trying to find out if there's an app that will allow downloads directly to my droid without having to connect to my computer. I've downloaded mypod but it will only download the first 10 minutes even though I've signed in with my user name. Anyone have an easy way to download podcast directly to your droid? Thanks!

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Operative
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    There is doubleTwist player (with or without doubleTwist AirSync) and iSyncr (with or without iSyncr WiFi) that you can sync your music and podcasts from iTunes to your Android. You can also manually copy your podcasts from your iTunes folder to your Android thru USB.
    But you may find out that downloading the podcasts from the Internet to your Android to be a better option than syncing or manually copying the podcasts from your computer. If you do download podcasts from the Internet directly into your Android try to use WiFi and have your Android on an AC adapter. It is not needed to use WiFi and an AC adapter to download podcasts from the Internet. But using WiFi and AC adapter will assure that the files will download from the Internet to your Android the fastest possible way without draining your battery. I would download podcasts from the Internet into the Android when I am getting ready to go to work and in the evening at home.
    There are several Android apps to download podcasts from the Internet to your Android. A few are Listen (from Google), BeyondPod, DoggCatcher, MyPOD, NPR Podcasts, Mediafly OnAir, etc. With one or more of these apps you will not need to download the podcasts, which you are going to listen on your Android, into your computer first. This will save the time that it takes to sync or manually copy the files from your computer into your Android.
    At the end it is matter of choice.
    Happy podcasting!

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    I use sticher ..unless you want to listen to bill Burr... then just use his RSS feed...lol

free me

Agent X
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Its a paid app but Dogcatcher has been worth every penny for me. I have used ut daily for several months. Easy to find feeds, downloads easily on home wifi but will do fine on 3g except for videos.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

X Conveyor
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I would love to use stitcher, but dennis miller isn't listed in their feeds. JNEHAMA have you used doggcatcher with a paid podcast? Thanks for all the responses.

X Operative
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    1. Go to http://www.dennismillerradio.com and log into the site with your account information.
    2. Click on the Podcasting page to find your Podcast URL.
    3. Highlight the enter URL located above and copy the text.
    4. Then go your preferred podcast application and find "Subscribe" or "Subscribe to Podcast..." or "RSS URL" or "Add a subscription" or a search bar within add feeds (sometimes you will find one of these in "Add Feeds" or "My subscriptions") and click on that"
    6. In the URL prompt box, paste the URL you copied.
    7. Sometimes you may have to hit "OK" or "Add" and you will have successfully subscribed to your Podcast.

Note: I have tried "http://www.dennismillerradio.com/podcast" (I believe is the promo version of his podcasts) within iTunes and only get 10:18 minutes of each podcast. I have a feeling if you follow the instructions that I give you then you will get a different URL that will give you the full podcast.
    These podcast problems are usually not the software application's fault.

PS - Stitcher, NPR Podcasts, Mediafly etc. are preset only applications that don't allow you to add URLs.
    Listen (from Google), BeyondPod, DoggCatcher, MyPOD, etc are applications that allow you to add URLs.
    Last edited by jaguarxt; 04-27-2011 at 01:14 AM.

X Conveyor
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Thanks jaguarxt... i had already done as you described but still only getting the ten minutes. Obviously i dont have this problem in itunes... i pasted the url and it all worked seemlessly i sent the dev an email... waiting for response. Thank you though!

X Conveyor
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Got a very nice and helpful response from the developer. They feel its a dennis miller problem with authentication. Gave me some pointers but alas didn't work. I have a feeling it's a problem with all paid premium podcasts and they eluded to that. Guess I'm stuck downloading via usb. I can post their response if anyone is interested. Thanks for the help.

Agent X
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Sorry I have never used doggcatcher with a paid podcast.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

X Operative
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    I am curious of the type of authentication they are using.
    What I am guessing (and this is only a guess) is that the full version of the podcasts are stored on the iTunes servers but without the DRM lock. But this is not the standard of podcast or any RSS feeding. In fact this is the first that I have seen with podcast. But I do understand that there is no reason not to add purchasing and money making with any and all media including podcast other than needing to change the standards. If the standards are going to change then podcast software should change to support the new standards. This is most likely the first in the podcasting world. So we will see what comes from this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads