Can you lock down widgets in launcherpro+ ???

This is a discussion on Can you lock down widgets in launcherpro+ ??? within the Droid X Apps forums, part of the Droid X Extras category; There's a feature in ADW EX I believe where you can lock the desktop, meaning once it's set the way you like it, you can ...

Thread: Can you lock down widgets in launcherpro+ ???

Agent X
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 160
    Overall activity: 1.2%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    96 times

Can you lock down widgets in launcherpro+ ???

There's a feature in ADW EX I believe where you can lock the desktop, meaning once it's set the way you like it, you can lock it, so widgets and icons won't move on you if the phone thinks you're long pressing them.

Just wondering.. I'm considering diving back into ADW for a while though I know I'll have to
    go a different route without the LP widgets.

I did a preliminary search but didn't see it.

Is there such a feature (ability to lock or disable widget/icon moving) in Launcherpro or LP+?
    I need two DX's.. One to try rom's on and one for MIUI because it's THE daily driver for me so I'm not messin' with it.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    320 times
    Don't believe so, I used LPP for a while before I switched to ADW EX, never saw the feature, and then I tried again with the last update, don't remember seeing it then either. EX must be the only with it.

And always remember to read, read, read, and read some more!

Agent X
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    96 times
    Yeah I think I'd like to see if I can find alternative scrollies for ADW and setup an ADW desktop for a while, see if I like it again.
    It has so much going over the "current" LPP. Actually even Exec Asst will scroll on ADW but not LPP because LPP uses the 1st gen api for scrolling widgets.
    I'll have to see what folks are using as "alternatives".. colorize, pure, exec asst, etc etc etc.

Ever see Jeppe's screenshots? Pretty cool, but with widgets that short from top-bottom, I'd think it'd be difficult to scroll without the widget taking off and moving itself which is beyond irritating. 4x1 size for example or 4x2, row qty depending.
    BLACK BEAR BLANC
    I need two DX's.. One to try rom's on and one for MIUI because it's THE daily driver for me so I'm not messin' with it.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    320 times
    Wow, thats pretty slick looking, might have to try something like that.

Agent X
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    96 times
    He has done a TON of themes like that.. If you check his blog you'll see a link somewhere to ALL his themes, papers, etc in his google docs link. Warning, it's overwhelming. He's been at it a LOOOOOONG time it seems.. Tons of theme possibilities. I've thought about it but it looks a wee bit "busy" in some cases because he gets what I have in 5-7 screens in 2. And a lot of custom wallpapers where the icons are actually IN the paper with transparants activating those items, which can be cool but can be limiting. I like his "nordic" look though, with the fonts, etc.. It's like Ikea meets Bjork. LOL!

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    320 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bsbabcock View Post
    He has done a TON of themes like that.. If you check his blog you'll see a link somewhere to ALL his themes, papers, etc in his google docs link. Warning, it's overwhelming. He's been at it a LOOOOOONG time it seems.. Tons of theme possibilities. I've thought about it but it looks a wee bit "busy" in some cases because he gets what I have in 5-7 screens in 2. And a lot of custom wallpapers where the icons are actually IN the paper with transparants activating those items, which can be cool but can be limiting. I like his "nordic" look though, with the fonts, etc.. It's like Ikea meets Bjork. LOL!
    Yeah, I saw his Google Docs folder, very overwhelming lol.

Agent X
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    96 times
    Makes you want to roll your own wallpapers like that in gimp maybe though. Trick it out with min text widgets or simi folder etc.
    It's an ADDICTION I tell ya!
    But yeah.. Jeppe's setups.. He makes use of every bit of realestate he can it appears.

Gonna play with ADW tonight.. Try to get something rolling with non-lp widgets.

Remove Ads

Ads