Amazon MP3 with cloud player

This is a discussion on Amazon MP3 with cloud player within the Droid X Apps forums, part of the Droid X Extras category; So I've tried the Cloud Drive from Amazon and the Amazon MP3 with Cloud Player and here's a 1st day preceptive. 1. Getting your files ...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Amazon MP3 with cloud player

X Lurker
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Amazon MP3 with cloud player

So I've tried the Cloud Drive from Amazon and the Amazon MP3 with Cloud Player and here's a 1st day preceptive.
    1. Getting your files there.
    Amazon MP3 Uploader is OK. It uses iTunes or WMP to find media files. You can also browse for files if you don't use iTunes or WMP, like MediaMonkey.
    Just select what you want to upload, as you do it tells you how much free space you have and how much you are uploading, or how much additional free space you need to purchase.
    Speaking of $, Amazon Cloud Drive is approximately 4 times the cost of Google Storage. I'm currently paying $20/year for 80Gb of storage, Amazon Cloud Drive is $10/10Gb, so that $80 for the same amount. They don't have an 80Gb option so the $100/100Gb option would be the closest. If Google releases Google Music anytime soon, and it's at all close in functionality to ACD, it's going to kill it.
    Uploading Photo's is pretty much useless. There's a Photo's folder but it only lists names, no image. I recommend Picasa for that.
    2. Listening to music
    You have 2 options, download or stream music. On a computer your uploaded files download as MP3's the same way purchased music does, using the Amazon MP3 Downloader.
    On my Droid X over 3G I was able to buffer the complete song before 1/4 of the song was completed playing. And I'm in a building on the fringe of Verizon's 3G network. Downloading is a simple press and hold then select download.
    3. existing purchases
    I have not been able to add the songs and albums that I've already purchased to my Cloud Drive yet. Waiting for a response from Amazon on that one.
    4. not able to "adjust" uploaded content
    Currently I don't see a way to update or adjust my music. It uploaded an album with the wrong art, and it uploaded another into multiple albums/artist folders. Need to have a way to update or manually change the tags.

Final thoughts, I like Amazon, I've purchased many Movie rentals over the internet and multiple songs and albums. I like how purchased items do not use up your quota. I also like the upload and download mechanism.
    They need to add more "player" functionality. Also the player on my Droid looks very corporate. They need to hire the guy that developed the 3 (cube) player. It's awesome.
    Last edited by supercaliber64; 03-29-2011 at 09:23 PM.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Lurker
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Just received a response about existing purchases. They will need to be uploaded to the ACD and will count toward the 5Gb quota.
    Also, if you purchase a new album, Amazon will upgrade your ACD to 20Gb for one year. Here's the details. Amazon.com: Buy an MP3 Album, Upgrade to 20 GB of Cloud Drive Storage for Free

+ Reply to Thread

Ads