Nascar apps....

This is a discussion on Nascar apps.... within the Droid X Apps forums, part of the Droid X Extras category; I'm pretty sure there is on nascars site but I've never researched it....does it have to be online to be streamed?...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Nascar apps....

X Lurker
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 1.6%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm pretty sure there is on nascars site but I've never researched it....does it have to be online to be streamed?

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 92.9%
    Achievements:
    Your first Group500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Member #
    Liked
    356 times
    There are a few scanner apps that stream police/fire and emergency frequencies. The problem with streaming NASCAR frequencies is that the frequencies change every week and are not actually known until the week of the race. That would be pretty involved rewriting an app every week to keep up with the frequency changes.

Technician X
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 421
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    157 times
    The issue isn't that the app would need to be re-written, but someone would need to be at each race providing the streams.

Would be cool though, and nascar should do this. Or individual race teams could put them out. It'd probably be a good way to pick up some new fans. I don't watch too much nascar, but I'd probably listen in on that.

X Lurker
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 1.6%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I go to a few races every year and I promise that the teams frequencies don't change that often....I own a scanner and race to race or year to year for that matter I have to make minimal changes.

I follow kevin harvicks personal assistant on twitter and I ran the idea bye him but he didn't take it very seriously....

This thread has been quiet for a while, so I dont feel like I am butting in... Has anyone here tried JamPlugs for use with Droid to hear Nascar races? They are a great deal cheaper than the $100 earplug earphones that they sell at the races. Thanks in advance for your replies : )

The scanners are broadcast online during the Sprint Cup races, and sometimes the Nationwide races. For the Sprint cup races you have to buy the service, but it's cheap. I have RaceView so I can also get video, leaderboard, isolation on chosen car, and all sorts of stuff. But you can just get Scanner, and sometimes it's free through Nationwide Insurance. It's on Nascar.com.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ads