Juice Defender

This is a discussion on Juice Defender within the Droid X Apps forums, part of the Droid X Extras category; ive been noticing a slight drop in battery performance since the .604 OTA update, so ive been doing a little research and came up with ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Juice Defender

X Lurker Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Juice Defender

ive been noticing a slight drop in battery performance since the .604 OTA update, so ive been doing a little research and came up with juice defender.

here's my question: who uses this, and can you help me set mine up? it's not very user intuitive, and im not sure if im getting the most out of it.

also, i read that apps like pandora (constantly streaming data) require apps like juice defender to be disabled (something to do with the >50kbs/15s setting) or pandora will be shut down by juice defender. is this true, and how do you stop it from happening?

finally, is the juice defender ultimate worth the money? do the extra included features make that much more of a difference in your battery's overall performance?

thanks!
    ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Lurker Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    (cough)bump(cough)
    ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

X Operative Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    I am kinda curious about this app myself. It seems to be mentioned a lot.... but no one ever REALLY talks about it. Some people say it works great.... then they are never heard from again. Is this app cursed or something? If I try it, will it send me off to the cornfield or anything? Or can anyone say (one way or the other) that it helps with DX battery life?

Take care,
    Rob
    REAL men practice Biblical Hermeneutics!

31 days registered500 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I also would like to know more.. I have heard a few people say it makes a huge difference but in the long run I've barely heard anything about it.. surely if it's such an easy fix more people would use it?

500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I use juice defender and without changing any settings it says it is increasing battery life 1.75. It has plenty of features but works well with the easy setting. I'm also using the free version.

A lot of people started using it on droid and probably are using it on droid x automatically without posting about it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

31 days registered500 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I installed Juice Defender but I have a few questions.

1) Can I just hit enable, will the default settings work pretty well?
    2) Will those default settings get in the way of anything I do like receiving gmail, etc?

And also, any other opinions or reviews of Juice Defender would be much appreciated

500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    I installed Juice Defender but I have a few questions.

1) Can I just hit enable, will the default settings work pretty well?
    2) Will those default settings get in the way of anything I do like receiving gmail, etc?

And also, any other opinions or reviews of Juice Defender would be much appreciated
    I use just the enable button and it has increased battery life and doesn't seen to affect anything else. I'm sure the more you tweak the more you can save.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

X Informant Achievements:
    3 months registered31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I use JuiceDefender and I think its important to note that the multiplier they quote you is an estimate and will be inaccurate at first. At least until it calibrates itself from a few days of use. That is why some people online are angry when it starts out with a x2.23 and goes down to a x1.50. Either way, it works and you can at least squeeze a few more hours of forum lurking while you are pretending to work.
    jdichiara likes this.

3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Where is this multiplier they show? I think this is already helping. I use "battery left" and it went up 10% when i configured this program. I'll see what this really does over the next few days.

Never mind I just had to add the widget.
    Last edited by mechrock; 07-29-2010 at 03:50 PM.

3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by echof0xtrot View Post
    also, i read that apps like pandora (constantly streaming data) require apps like juice defender to be disabled (something to do with the >50kbs/15s setting) or pandora will be shut down by juice defender. is this true, and how do you stop it from happening?
    thanks!
    Apps - you can choose which apps will keep the connectivity enabled (Pandora, last.fm...) and which will disable it (games, offline reading...)
    That is right from their site.
    Latedroid: JuiceDefender
    Last edited by mechrock; 07-29-2010 at 03:50 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads