Apps for Your Rooted Droid X
Now that you have your rooted phone, and if you're not then these apps won't work correctly for you, these are some apps that you should def check out.
- Quick Boot (Free)
- This app allows you to Normal Reboot, Reboot in Recovery, or Reboot in the Bootloader with just one button
- Adfree (Free)
- Ever get tired of pesky ads in the browser or even a lot of free apps? Well with adfree you can block all of them! It will help web pages load faster, and you don't have to worry about clicking on ads in your apps
- Wireless Tether (Free)
- Really? Do I have to put anymore then that?
- Root Explorer ($3.82)
- Scared of ADB commands? This app will allow you to do many ADB commands without ever typing in anything. You can rename, remove, copy, or move system files or "bloat apps" without hooking your phone up to your computer!
- CacheMate ($1.00)
- Cache mate allows you to clear the cache from all your apps. Anything from browser to youtube.
- Any Terminals (Prices vary)
- Terminals are great for hacking on the go! No computer is required for running ADB commands, and you can copy, move, or remove system files if you are more comfortable with ADB commands.
- ShootMe/Drocap2 (Free)
- So you want to take some pictures of your screens, and send them to your iPhone friends to rub it in their faces? Well with either of these apps that becomes a reality!
- MinFreeManager (Free)
- You need a task killer! Wait, no you don't! With this app you don't ever have to make that choice again. This app will allow you to set the parameters of Android's built in task manager, so you don't have to bother with it!
- Titanium Backup (Free & Donate)
- Oh no! Your phone is going crazy, and you have to factory reset everything! With Titanium Backup you won't be dreading this process anymore! You can easily back up all of your installed apps along with the data and Market cache (something Astro doesn't do).
- Copy and Paste it ($3.99)
- Have friends with Sense Devices that show off their copy and paste skills? Rubbing it in you face? Well now with copy and paste it you can do what they can and much more! Copy ANY text from anywhere, and paste it where you want.
That's all that I've got right now. As more come up I'll add them to the list! Give your suggestions below!
Last edited by taypotts; 08-10-2010 at 12:26 PM.
07-23-2010 01:18 AM
Droid X Forums
ShootMe. (screenshot-taking app)
Terminal Emulator by Jack Palevich would be my recommendation for a terminal Emulator. (it's free )
MinFreeManager, keeps your available memory higher without task killers.
Great post, I look forward to seeing this list grow.
I'll just keep adding them as I see fit
Thanks for starting the thread, now I can block ads! Sweet.
CacheMate ($1.00). This is a good application, but there is one called history eraser and it's free. Works very well. Just a FYI.
Awesome..the perfect thread that I've been looking for.
Too bad I found most of these apps individually by searching. Wish I would have seen this thread earlier. Great post! Keep em comin.