Problem with PDAnet

This is a discussion on Problem with PDAnet within the Droid X Apps forums, part of the Droid X Extras category; I've tried out 3 different tethering apps and find PDAnet to be the easiest to use. It has never failed me. However, it has recently ...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Problem with PDAnet

X Lurker Achievements:
    100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Exclamation Problem with PDAnet

I've tried out 3 different tethering apps and find PDAnet to be the easiest to use. It has never failed me. However, it has recently been giving me problems, more specificaly with the SMS Agent. When my phone is connected to my computer and PDA is up and running the SMS Agent will open everytime I recieve a text. None of my messages will appear. Only the word "Disconnected" appears at the top of the page. How do I fix this?

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Lurker Achievements:
    100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Anyone?

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 120
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I don't know how to help. I use pdanet sometimes, but I don't know what SMS is and I don't do texts. Sorry. Just didn't want it to feel too cold in here for you.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    786 times
    what sms app are you using? try uninstalling and reinstalling the tether app. Or reset the app by going to settings->applications->manage applications->all tab->scroll down to PDA net tether app, force stop, clear data and cache. then try it. Or in the SMS app, remove pop up notifications which might be interfering.

Quote Originally Posted by HoweHigh View Post
    I've tried out 3 different tethering apps and find PDAnet to be the easiest to use. It has never failed me. However, it has recently been giving me problems, more specificaly with the SMS Agent. When my phone is connected to my computer and PDA is up and running the SMS Agent will open everytime I recieve a text. None of my messages will appear. Only the word "Disconnected" appears at the top of the page. How do I fix this?
    I have the exact same issue..........haven't found an answer yet. Contacted PDANET and they replied with the following (this did not work for me) "You have some anti-virus or security software on the computer that
    blocks javascript in other apps. Please whitelist the SmsAgent process
    so that it will not block javascripts."

X Informant
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    just right click on the phone icon in your system tray and remove the checkmark for <Start SMS Service> and you wont get that popup anymore.
    To fix it on my computer, I just uninstalled PDANet and rebooted then reinstalled PDANet and rebooted then plugged the phone in and new Moto drivers installed and my problems were over.
    If you love your freedom . . . . . thank a vet! USMC Semper Fi

X Operative Achievements:
    3 months registered31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Spank View Post
    just right click on the phone icon in your system tray and remove the checkmark for <Start SMS Service> and you wont get that popup anymore.
    To fix it on my computer, I just uninstalled PDANet and rebooted then reinstalled PDANet and rebooted then plugged the phone in and new Moto drivers installed and my problems were over.
    +1, Anytime there is a problem with software or an app - your best bet is to remove it, restart and reinstall. It is possible your AV or OS could be blocking it, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that being the issue. PDAnet was great for me till they started charging for it. Better free alternatives. Check your drivers to make sure they are up to date as well. Was there a recent update to PDAnet?

+ Reply to Thread

Ads