Vote for your favorite CASE DESIGN! the next droid x case design rests in your hands

This is a discussion on Vote for your favorite CASE DESIGN! the next droid x case design rests in your hands within the Droid X Accessories forums, part of the Droid X Extras category; Hey everyone, As most of you know I am designing a new phone case. Before the case goes into production, Id like to let you ...

View Poll Results: Pick your favorite case design...

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Plain N Simple

7 13.21%
  • 2 Droid X "X"

19 35.85%
  • 3 Lots Of Grip

5 9.43%
  • 4 Patterns

2 3.77%
  • 5 Elegant Curves

16 30.19%
  • Original "Curves 1" (Located on Post #2)

16 30.19%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Vote for your favorite CASE DESIGN! the next droid x case design rests in your hands

X Operative Achievements:
    250 Experience Points7 days registeredRecommendation First Class100 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times

Vote for your favorite CASE DESIGN! the next droid x case design rests in your hands

Hey everyone,

As most of you know I am designing a new phone case. Before the case goes into production, Id like to let you the owners of the phone decide on which case you'd like to see made into an actual product.

I am uploading 6 designs, please vote for your favorites and make comments or suggestions, this will help influence the final design of the case.

Update: there me issues with using #2 because the X might has some copyright attached to it, if that is the case this case design would not be made.

2010-09-21_17-33-47_231.jpg2010-09-21_17-33-38_148.jpg2010-09-21_17-33-27_594.jpg2010-09-21_17-33-16_416.jpg2010-09-21_17-32-58_124.jpg

The original is located on post #2
    Last edited by Jawcase; 09-22-2010 at 06:36 PM.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

250 Experience Points7 days registeredRecommendation First Class100 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times

2010-09-13_19-27-47_529.jpg
    (the dimples on this design have been voted out, so please ignore them)
    Original design

2010-09-13_19-25-56_419.jpg2010-08-27_01-20-28_919.jpg
    Real Model of the original design

droidxcase2.jpgdroidxcase.jpg
    Front and rear render

Poll closes 7 days from today, after that development will commence on the winning design.
    Last edited by Jawcase; 09-23-2010 at 03:00 AM.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience PointsThree FriendsCreated Album pictures100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    243 times
    I liked the original the best, but all of them are awesome

3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    The original design looks better and better every time I look at it. I take back my original statement, saying that it looks bulky, but its actually quite nice.

Sidekick II°•.Sidekick III°•.HTC 6800°•.HTC 8900°•.HTC Touch Pro°•.Blackberry Storm°•.DROID X!°•.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    I guess im glad people like the original, Its obviously one of my fav's, i do also like number 5 but I like the sides from number 1 better, and since the designs are not compatible (The white line running down the back and sides of the case wouldnt work in the indented style of the original). If the case sells well enough I would be willing to recreate the second best as well. Just keep in mind you can vote for more then one case!

You know the more and more research I do into making this phone case the more knowledge about the whole industry I gain.

I now know why there are $2 cases on ebay and $30 cases from some of the big guys.

What I have learned about the $2 cases is they are made from the cheapest plastic they make which is pure ABS or some kind of recycled material. It does not have the best properties for a case, it bends too easily, and it can crack easily too. I dont want to bash on $2 cases all day because they do provide sufficient scratch protection, its just that the material they use for that case ISNT good enough for my case design.

Now the $30 case isnt $30 because of the materials either. Its mostly due to having a name that people trust a brand if you will, design development costs, and then materials used. Id say more then 50% of the markup is brand though.

Anyway as of right now 5 and 6 are tied for the lead! Great news!

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hatemyEXlovemyX View Post
    The original design looks better and better every time I look at it. I take back my original statement, saying that it looks bulky, but its actually quite nice.
    Width wise, its exactly 3mm thicker then the phone itself, which is about as thick as a ice cream bar stick. I might be able to make it only 2mm thicker on the side and deep, its a bit thicker on the front and back though. Just keep in mind this is a easy open case, that means that you can easily take out your phone and use it without the case.

So lets do this scenario, lets say you love the feel of your phone but you still want protection most of the time. With my case you can easily open it when your at home, in a "safe" area, or when you need to put it into the dock. But when you gotta go out you stick it back into the case and off you go, that's the beauty of it, its designed to give you the best of both worlds, protection and access to your phone whenever you want.

Trust me when I say that any "bulk" it has is for the protection of phone and for the features of the case, thats why this is such a great case, because of its features it has to be made strong and with great quality to insure those features actually work! Everything with this case "kills two birds with one stone" everything that can have a dual purpose does, its completely dynamic! This is by a large margin the most versatile case ever made for any phone including the iphone which always gets the best stuff (until now)!
    Last edited by Jawcase; 09-22-2010 at 01:00 AM.

X Informant
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    are 5 and 6 close in design with just a few cosmetic tweaks?

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by selrahc View Post
    are 5 and 6 close in design with just a few cosmetic tweaks?
    5 and 6 do have the curve on the back but the curve is a bit different, on 6 the curve comes back in at the end. Also 6 has thumb grips on the side, 5 has a recess indicated by the white line that curves through the black part, that's to represent the part which is painted in rubber paint and the part which isn't.

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm glad you are doing this! I look forward to supporting your effort by buying one of your cases. I voted for #5, but I like them all and hope, if you are successful, that you might expand your line. I have been disappointed that the cases that are available so far tend to just be boxy looking designs. I realize that this might change as time goes by and more vendors offer additional products, but yours are sleek and cool and fun and also seem to offer the protection that we want in the first place.

Do you have a background in design or are you just hobbyist? I would be interested in learning more about the tools you use to create the designs, prototypes and final products. if you'd like to have an offline discussion (or online here in the forum if others want that level of detail) I'd be interested in learning more if you are willing to share.

Dave

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Yes #5 its a nice design and the dimples look nice as well.

Sidekick II°•.Sidekick III°•.HTC 6800°•.HTC 8900°•.HTC Touch Pro°•.Blackberry Storm°•.DROID X!°•.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads