Looking for suggestions...

This is a discussion on Looking for suggestions... within the Droid X Accessories forums, part of the Droid X Extras category; Hi guys. I'm new to the forum and am looking forward to getting my Android experience up to speed, and hopefully be able to help ...

Thread: Looking for suggestions...

Looking for suggestions...

Hi guys. I'm new to the forum and am looking forward to getting my Android experience up to speed, and hopefully be able to help others once I'm there

I ordered my Droid-X on the 6th and just got the tracking number for it today. It'll be here by Tuesday afternoon. I'm going to purchase accessories as soon as I settle on them. Any suggestions on the following would be welcome:

1. Desktop Cradle & Spare Battery

2. Vehicle Mount

3. Bluetooth Earpiece

4. Armband for Running

5. Any "must have" Android Apps

Muchas Gracias!

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 71.7%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    885 times
    Hi & welcome to the forum!

There are several threads in process that would give you some good info as to what you are looking for...I can link several (if no one else does once I get to a computer).

In addition, being new to android, there is a stickied thread in the intro area titled "new to android" - check this one out as well.

Again welcome & enjoy...

Sent from my Droid X
    Failure isn't falling down, failure is staying down.

Agent X
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Your first Group250 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    If you plan on getting ANY type of case for your DX then you may want to consider another alternative to the Motorola desktop cradle. The Motorola cradle will only fit the DX if you remove whatever case is on the phone. It could be the thinnest least obtrusive case and you'd still have to remove it. Having to remove your case every time you dock it means more wear and tear on it and the possibility of breaking it as they're on there pretty tight.

That being said...for something a little different you may want to look at this link -> MIKRADLE EVOLUTION X.

As for the Car Dock...same thing goes. It's made to be used without a case on your DX. As long as you don't mind removing every time you want to use it...it's a great accessory.

I'm actually pretty disappointed VZW didn't take the phone having a case into account when making both of these.

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 71.7%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    885 times
    Links that might help if ya haven't already found them...

Chucklehead points you to a good thread on the MiKradle...and in addition to the ones below, you can also check out the Accessories, Accessories Review and Apps area for many more topics.

Desktop Charger Cradle

Jogging case?

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/dr...ht=accessories

Your favorite LESSER KNOWN app -

Top Droid X Apps
    Failure isn't falling down, failure is staying down.

Quote Originally Posted by smalltowngirl13 View Post
    Hi & welcome to the forum!

There are several threads in process that would give you some good info as to what you are looking for...I can link several (if no one else does once I get to a computer).

In addition, being new to android, there is a stickied thread in the intro area titled "new to android" - check this one out as well.

Again welcome & enjoy...

Sent from my Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by smalltowngirl13 View Post
    Links that might help if ya haven't already found them...

Chucklehead points you to a good thread on the MiKradle...and in addition to the ones below, you can also check out the Accessories, Accessories Review and Apps area for many more topics.

Desktop Charger Cradle

Jogging case?

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/dr...ht=accessories

Your favorite LESSER KNOWN app -

Top Droid X Apps
    Ah, excellent! Thank you very much! I'll read through those threads in a little bit tonight. MiKradle looks pretty interesting, I'd love to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by chucklehead View Post
    If you plan on getting ANY type of case for your DX then you may want to consider another alternative to the Motorola desktop cradle. The Motorola cradle will only fit the DX if you remove whatever case is on the phone. It could be the thinnest least obtrusive case and you'd still have to remove it. Having to remove your case every time you dock it means more wear and tear on it and the possibility of breaking it as they're on there pretty tight.

That being said...for something a little different you may want to look at this link -> MIKRADLE EVOLUTION X.

As for the Car Dock...same thing goes. It's made to be used without a case on your DX. As long as you don't mind removing every time you want to use it...it's a great accessory.

I'm actually pretty disappointed VZW didn't take the phone having a case into account when making both of these.
    I used a belt clip case with my current, and soon to be previous phone thankfully, quite a bit. The case is worse for the wear from just general usage, and the phones touch screen is dead. I know it's a known issue with the phone, but it's a bit fragile. In addition, I've taken good care of the phone. Anyway, with Gorilla Glass and the more sturdy construction, I'm going to give the DX a shot at not being cased. Thanks for the feedback!

Agent X
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Your first Group250 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    Quote Originally Posted by metaGlass View Post
    I used a belt clip case with my current, and soon to be previous phone thankfully, quite a bit. The case is worse for the wear from just general usage, and the phones touch screen is dead. I know it's a known issue with the phone, but it's a bit fragile. In addition, I've taken good care of the phone. Anyway, with Gorilla Glass and the more sturdy construction, I'm going to give the DX a shot at not being cased. Thanks for the feedback!
    So far the DX seems pretty rugged so going without a case should do you well. Those types of cases protect phones pretty well.

Enjoy!

#4 - i got this one at HTC Evo Armband :: Run & Walk with your HTC Evo!, works for the x just fine.

no problemo

Remove Ads

Ads