Droid X Battery Charger (not phone charger)

This is a discussion on Droid X Battery Charger (not phone charger) within the Droid X Accessories forums, part of the Droid X Extras category; So with my old G1, I found what made great sense and worked very well was that I bought a second battery and found a ...

Thread: Droid X Battery Charger (not phone charger)

X Pursuant Achievements:
    250 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesYour first Group100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    49 times

Droid X Battery Charger (not phone charger)

So with my old G1, I found what made great sense and worked very well was that I bought a second battery and found a couple chargers to charge the spare battery (one for work and one for home). This way whenever I worked/slept, I would charge my spare battery and when I left for the day, I could take a fully-charged phone + a fully-charged spare battery and even if I drained a battery quickly, I had a backup ready to go at all times. This proved to be a WONDERFUL idea as I probably used that spare battery 40% of days.

Now I know the Droid X has better battery life, but after having it for a week and constantly monitoring battery life and charging it, I'm beginning to think that this is a good idea again. It is better, but not tremendously better than my G1. And I know it's just going to get worse as I add more and more stuff to my DX.

So with that said, does anybody have any experience with any spare batteries or battery chargers? The only place I can find them is on eBay. Obviously those products are pretty risky and may be absolute crap, but I'm wondering if anybody has actually purchased anything from there before? I'm thinking about this and this. My expectations are that those batteries are only going to be about 50% as powerful as our OEM battery even though they say otherwise, but even with that, I think it's worth the insanely cheap price.

Any thoughts or experience with these yet? The only caveat I see with these is that they're shipped from Hong Kong and I'd MUCH rather buy from a US-based seller. But that's eBay for you with new tech gadgets...
    Having SBF/RSD Lite issues? Make sure you have the right drivers installed! (32-bit or 64-bit)
    www.FreeMyMoto.com -- Android kexec project

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Operative Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    No idea...
    I use a Zagg Sparq... I like it.
    Gets 4 full charges before being needed to charge. BUT gotta carry that around too...

X Operative Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    I bought off the guy in your first link before. Same item but for the Incredible. Took about ten days to arrive, but the shipping price was right. Free. I thought it was and excellent value. Charger was of excellent quality and the batteries where surprisingly good, I'd say 90% of the oem battery.. For the price, its hard to go wrong. Way better deal than that overpriced Seidio stuff. The batteries come sealed in and airtight pouch so if you do what I did and just open one, you can save the other for a rainy day. Just store it in a cool place like the crisper drawer on your frig. Just don't freeze to store it. Ruins lithium batteries.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Armadillo, The Other White Meat
    ===="Better With Barbeque"====

X Pursuant Achievements:
    250 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesYour first Group100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    Thanks! I'll have to give them a try. It sounds like a pretty good deal at a very low price point/risk.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Having SBF/RSD Lite issues? Make sure you have the right drivers installed! (32-bit or 64-bit)
    www.FreeMyMoto.com -- Android kexec project

first link

What was the first link referenced? I'd like to know the seller and your satisfaction. I'm looking for an extra battery and charger. Also, a coworker that has an HTC said she got a dual charger and batteries...is anything like that available for the X?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxidian View Post
    So with my old G1, I found what made great sense and worked very well was that I bought a second battery and found a couple chargers to charge the spare battery (one for work and one for home). This way whenever I worked/slept, I would charge my spare battery and when I left for the day, I could take a fully-charged phone + a fully-charged spare battery and even if I drained a battery quickly, I had a backup ready to go at all times. This proved to be a WONDERFUL idea as I probably used that spare battery 40% of days.

Now I know the Droid X has better battery life, but after having it for a week and constantly monitoring battery life and charging it, I'm beginning to think that this is a good idea again. It is better, but not tremendously better than my G1. And I know it's just going to get worse as I add more and more stuff to my DX.

So with that said, does anybody have any experience with any spare batteries or battery chargers? The only place I can find them is on eBay. Obviously those products are pretty risky and may be absolute crap, but I'm wondering if anybody has actually purchased anything from there before? I'm thinking about this and this. My expectations are that those batteries are only going to be about 50% as powerful as our OEM battery even though they say otherwise, but even with that, I think it's worth the insanely cheap price.

Any thoughts or experience with these yet? The only caveat I see with these is that they're shipped from Hong Kong and I'd MUCH rather buy from a US-based seller. But that's eBay for you with new tech gadgets...

X Operative
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I'm interested in what the first link was too!

I'm using my charger from my old LG phone which has the same plug as the Droid X changer. I use that one at work and charge my phone after lunch. Then it's usually on 20% by the time I go to bed and then charge it over night. It's been working out, but on the weekends it's usually dieing on me during the day. I bought these...Amazon.com: Extended Battery for Motorola Droid X 3000mAH MB810: Cell Phones & Accessories .... in hope of getting a bit more life out of the battery.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 350
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    200 times
    This is the one I've used for months. It does take longer to charge, but it's always charged by the time my other one dies. They run around $7 from China, depending on what price they decide on (they're always on "sale" ).

Desktop Battery Charger For Motorola DROID X, ATRIX 4G - Motorola ATRIX 4G

X Informant
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 54
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by C Dippa View Post
    This is the one I've used for months. It does take longer to charge, but it's always charged by the time my other one dies. They run around $7 from China, depending on what price they decide on (they're always on "sale" ).

Desktop Battery Charger For Motorola DROID X, ATRIX 4G - Motorola ATRIX 4G
    I've got this charger as well. It works fine.

Remove Ads

Ads