Steinheil Ultra Crystal VS. Seido Crystal Clear Screen Protectors

This is a discussion on Steinheil Ultra Crystal VS. Seido Crystal Clear Screen Protectors within the Droid X Accessories forums, part of the Droid X Extras category; I have no previous experience with either of these brands, so does any one have any opinions on which I should order?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steinheil Ultra Crystal VS. Seido Crystal Clear Screen Protectors

X Informant Achievements:
    250 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Steinheil Ultra Crystal VS. Seido Crystal Clear Screen Protectors

I have no previous experience with either of these brands, so does any one have any opinions on which I should order?

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Zagg Invisible Shield

Quote Originally Posted by coasterman93 View Post
    I have no previous experience with either of these brands, so does any one have any opinions on which I should order?
    I like to use Zagg Invisible Shields, although they sometimes get the pattern wrong (it's off a little bit) I can usually get them to send me a new one. My wife had a camera protection from them and they sent us one that was cut wrong like 4 times, but eventually got it right and it was great!

Sorry, I meant to note that they are pretty much un-scratchable and protect your device excellently. Just check out their website and see the video where they go at a shield on an IPhone with keys and some other stuff and it ends up spotless when they take off the plastic 'shield'.

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Overall activity: 0.7%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    I hear great things about the Steinheil and ordered them myself. Seidio I heard is comparable and I think maybe like a buck cheaper. However I chose the Steinheil cause it seems few people choose Seidio and Steinheil has a higher hardness rating.

X Lurker Achievements:
    100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Go Steinheil all the way. I have no experience with Seidio screen protectors, but I do have experience with Zagg Invisible Shield. I have to say that Steinheil feels the most like smooth glass to me. Zagg has a little stickiness and drag to it. And Steinheil Crystals come with two in a pack! I've got one on my X right now!

250 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by thelionelking View Post
    Go Steinheil all the way. I have no experience with Seidio screen protectors, but I do have experience with Zagg Invisible Shield. I have to say that Steinheil feels the most like smooth glass to me. Zagg has a little stickiness and drag to it. And Steinheil Crystals come with two in a pack! I've got one on my X right now!
    Are you using the Anti-Fingerprint one, or the Ultra-Crystal?

Thanks all for your input.

3 months registered31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I myself just received my Steinheil Ultra-Crystal yesterday and applied it this morning. The only other screen protectors that I've used, was a generic one that was really thick. Protected the screen, but kinda of an annoyance.

Anyways, the Ultra-Crystal screen protector is awesome on the Droid X. If you put it on correctly, you'll barely know that its there. I haven't seen any lose of sensitivity when navigating the phone, and am very confident that it will protect my screen from most if not any thing. But this is also gorilla glass, which is the same as the Droid 1. On that phone I never had a screen protector and managed to never scratch it, but with this baby I felt like I needed something.

31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I got the Steinheil anti fingerprint and HATE IT! Totally makes the vivid screen look like a dull screen from 10 years ago. Takes away all of the gradient (3d effect) from the icons and images. Also has a slightly rough surface and has slightly MORE drag than the verizon protectors, which as we all know dont cover the full screen. I was going to try the ultra crystal but hesitant about the drag and glare.

3 months registered31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by captainhits View Post
    I got the Steinheil anti fingerprint and HATE IT! Totally makes the vivid screen look like a dull screen from 10 years ago. Takes away all of the gradient (3d effect) from the icons and images. Also has a slightly rough surface and has slightly MORE drag than the verizon protectors, which as we all know dont cover the full screen. I was going to try the ultra crystal but hesitant about the drag and glare.
    Ouch that really sucks. I would still recommend to try the ultra crystal one if. I personally couldn't ask for anything more from it.

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 199
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    I ordered the Steinheil Ultra-Crystal online from their website on Tuesday and they arrived in the mail today (Friday). Very easy to put on and it looks good. Can't hardly tell it's on there and no noticeable degradation to picture or touchscreen sensitivity. Like the real screen, you will still get fingerprints, but I just wipe mine off with a microfiber towel.

X Operative
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 54
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Got the ultra crystal clear as well. I would not put anything else other than steinheil. Had then on my wife's droid, my dinc and now my wife's new dx. It's so smooth like glass.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads