Triden Kraken VS Otterbox Defender!?!?

This is a discussion on Triden Kraken VS Otterbox Defender!?!? within the Droid X Accessories forums, part of the Droid X Extras category; I cant choose which one I want... I like the color option the Kraken comes with...But I have never owned any other case for any ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Triden Kraken VS Otterbox Defender!?!?

X Informant Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Triden Kraken VS Otterbox Defender!?!?

I cant choose which one I want... I like the color option the Kraken comes with...But I have never owned any other case for any of my past phones. I have always stuck with the Otterbox... I know many of you have both cases... Im just asking those of you that have both of the two, which one you like best. Im looking for full reviews for each of them. What the Pros and Cons are for each case. What you like about it, what you dont. If it fits with the extended battery cover. Please help me make up my mind. I need to get a case for this badass machine. =] upload pics of your cases if you can too =] thanks for your help. DroidX Forums rules.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Pursuant Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    I don't have a full review, but im sure there's already threads started onthis matter. Look up trident case for Droid x now available and you'll find peoples opinions on the case.

Sorry can't link you im on the "badass machine"

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    yeah but they dont really compare the two cases against eachother... You know what I mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by royolpunk View Post
    I don't have a full review, but im sure there's already threads started onthis matter. Look up trident case for Droid x now available and you'll find peoples opinions on the case.

Sorry can't link you im on the "badass machine"

X Informant
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 0.6%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have the same delima. From the research that I have done. I think the Kraken is a better case, but it does not come with a holster. The Kraken is water resistant and dust proof. It has a material over the non covered openings making impossible to get dust inside it. That is why I am leaning towards it over the defender. I have had cases in the past that have allowed dust/dirt to get inside the case. The dust and dirt caused more damage to the phone that I would have gotten with no case. It acted like sand paper inside the case. It looks to me like the Kraken has better fitting plugs than the defender too. I sent Trident a email today asking if and when they would have a holster for the DX. They replied the first week of Jan.
    I don't know that i can wait that long. Right now I have my DX in a Body Glove. Its good for sitting on something and not having to worry about scratching up the back of it. I would not want to drop it in it, and I do not like how the screen faces out when its on your side.

X Informant
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Well, I would like to add. That after I made this first comment. I took the Body Glove case off the phone, and sure enough I had dust and a few grains of sand in the case. Mostly between the top bezel. The phone has been in the case for about 30 hrs. I just got it yesterday. I know that if I would have left the grains of sand inside the case they would have scratched the phone. I believe that I would still have the same problem with the Otterbox defender because the mic and camera holes are not protected.
    That made my mind up for me, and I just ordered the Kraken case from Tridents website $34.95 w/free s/h. Now for the long wait until January for the holster.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Did you find the location where you can buy additional skin colors for it>

X Informant
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    No. i have not looked for them . I'm not 100% sure they are available yet. I'm sure if they where you could buy them from Tridents website. They are not going to miss out on selling them at full retail.

Agent X
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Overall activity: 8.9%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    I like the look of the Trident. Never really heard about it until now. Just found a review of it on YouTube. It looks alot more ergonomically appeasing than my Defender. And it comes with an optional camer/flash protector. Too bad it doesn't come with a belt holster, or I'd get one.

devdroid likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    The holster will be coming out the first week of january.
    Quote Originally Posted by noXcuse View Post
    I like the look of the Trident. Never really heard about it until now. Just found a review of it on YouTube. It looks alot more ergonomically appeasing than my Defender. And it comes with an optional camer/flash protector. Too bad it doesn't come with a belt holster, or I'd get one.

X Lurker Achievements:
    3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I had a gift card for Amazon for $25.00. I decided to give the Kraken a shot. Love the case, my only gripe is that I have a lot of trouble pulling down the notification bar.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Ads