Excellent battery life on nightly 72

This is a discussion on Excellent battery life on nightly 72 within the Cyanogenmod forums, part of the Gingerbread Roms category; screenshot-1314764338289.png Wanted to share my experience with my abnormal great battery life. I'm running nightly 72 and am underclocked to ultra low voltage with 900MHz ...

Thread: Excellent battery life on nightly 72

X Informant
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Excellent battery life on nightly 72

screenshot-1314764338289.png

Wanted to share my experience with my abnormal great battery life. I'm running nightly 72 and am underclocked to ultra low voltage with 900MHz Max and 700MHz Max after 40% or less battery (I cant notice a difference from stock on these settings unless I'm really pushing the phone on a game/etc). I also have the stock battery that came with the phone and use the lowest (not auto) screen brightness setting. I was able to run without plugging it in to a charger from about 2:45pm Monday until about 11:30pm tuesday. During this time I made about 1.5 hours worth of phone calls, 62 text messages, sent and received 10-15 emails, some light internet browsing (maybe 20-30 minutes worth), played a few turns on words with friends and did some Facebook browsing. I had a little less than average use of my phone than is typical for me but I normally I don't get more than 15 hours in a charge with CM. I also did not put it into airplane mode overnight which I normally would do if I didn't have it plugged in. I was more than shocked to see that it still had 44% after passing the 24 hour mark. Hoping to see similar results again on this charge.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums
    Last edited by Casey; 08-31-2011 at 10:04 AM. Reason: add image

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Informant
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm wondering if everybody will be able to reproduce this, but it's good to hear that you averaged MUCH less before, so there's a real solution hidden in there somewhere.

X Lurker
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 72
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I haven't noticed anything in the changelogs for a while that would have changed the battery life but maybe I missed something... only one way to find out..

X Informant
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by silentkil View Post
    I haven't noticed anything in the changelogs for a while that would have changed the battery life but maybe I missed something... only one way to find out..
    That's what I've been saying forever...that there's just nothing changing that could significantly increase battery life. This seems to be a huge difference though.

X Informant
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    The two things that I changed from my typical use was running ULV at 900MHz and running on low brightness. Before I usually ran stock voltage (since Droid Overclock wasn't saving my settings on boot prior to this nightly) at 1000MHz with 800MHz after 30% and I also had my brightness set to Auto. I wouldn't have thought that these changes would have given me such a substantial battery life increase so I figured it must've had something to do in part with the nightly I was running.

With that said I'm currently at 61% at about 8 hours running on battery. Definitely less impressive this time around (though I did use my phone more today) but we'll see where we're at tomorrow.

X Informant
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Well, before too long we'll all be running on the GB kernel which can easily double your battery life once calibrated. It's a concrete fix that should help everybody.
    Last edited by Stuckinabox; 09-01-2011 at 01:51 PM.

Remove Ads

Ads