how to enable different governors in CM7

This is a discussion on how to enable different governors in CM7 within the Cyanogenmod forums, part of the Gingerbread Roms category; Greetings people, I have been trying/searching on how to enable the interactive or smartass governors in CM74dx. I can't for the life of me figure ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: how to enable different governors in CM7

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 5.5%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Southwest Virginia, In the Boonies/Bible Belt/Coal Bucket
    Liked
    4 times

how to enable different governors in CM7

Greetings people, I have been trying/searching on how to enable the interactive or smartass governors in CM74dx. I can't for the life of me figure out how other than to use and overclock, or something similar. From what I have read on the CM site/wiki/forums, it should be in cm settings/cpu or performance/cpu. Then you should be able to use one of those. All I see are the conservative, ondemand, and performance. Basically the stock x governors. Is it because I don't have a module loaded into the kernel? If so how to I fix that.. I have installed Imoseyon's tweaks which seem to be redundant on CM7. I run the check script and it says everything is fine or okay. What other scripts are included in that? is there something else I should run? Any and all suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks
    griz

Sorry this is so sloppy, I am half asleep after a 12 hour workday.. LOL.. Gnite people..

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Operative
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registeredTagger Second Class7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    From what I understand, the governors are part of the kernel, and since the kernel cannot be replaced, we are stuck with the governors in the froyo kernel. Maybe someday...
    Android4Life
    Current:
    Droid Incredible 2 - 2.3.3 Not Rooted (unfortunately no solution for GB yet)

Droid X CM7

-Android user/abuser since December 2009-

X Lurker
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have a zip I made to add in the conservative, interactive, abd smartass governors to CM.

I will attach when I get home

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 5.5%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Southwest Virginia, In the Boonies/Bible Belt/Coal Bucket
    Liked
    4 times
    Thanks man I'd appreciate it. I think I read that the newest quickclock added support for governors, and android overclk has had that forever, I'd definitely like to try your zip. Thanks a bunch. Although, I'm testing Lib 9 now, I'm sure I'll end up on CM7 or Liquid pretty soon. Or even justice once he releases another version. I had really good life on CM7 nightly 30 after the brightness tweaks, imoseyon, and v6. Of course of those I think the brightness tweak was the biggest help of all. Even though the moseyon zip is supposed to add those governors I couldn't figure out how to enable them. I looked through the scripts in the data/imoseyon directory and after changing perms and running a few I didn't get anywhere. Running the check script said everything was okay or whatever it says when it means it's installed.

Bottom line is thanks, I'd really appreciate it. As would others I'm sure. When I was running Zombie on 595, it comes with interactive, and after disabling some blur, I got the best battery life I have ever got from any rom. DSX was good too. Aosp Lib was good. I'm on Lib 9 now, cause I want to use HDMI for my big screen tv, One of the reasons I picked the X over any other phone.

X Lurker
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Sorry for the delay, try this http://db.tt/TZGhBZ1

It adds the governors to /system/lib/

And adds an init.d script to load them at boot.

Use at ur own risk

Last edited by fmkaiba; 07-24-2011 at 11:53 AM.

X Lurker Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fmkaiba View Post
    Sorry for the delay, try this http://db.tt/TZGhBZ1

It adds the governors to /system/lib/

And adds an init.d script to load them at boot.

Use at ur own risk

So what scripts would i need to edit to add a few more governors that i have?.....By the way Thank You for making this. Ive been looking for something like this for a while now.

X Operative
    Achievements:
    3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registeredTagger Second Class7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jthompson View Post
    So what scripts would i need to edit to add a few more governors that i have?.....By the way Thank You for making this. Ive been looking for something like this for a while now.
    Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe all you would need to do is add the governors to the correct directory /lib/modules/ and then edit the /etc/init.d/02cpu and follow the same format that is there and make sure to leave the blank line at the end. Zip it back up and run it. The install script should not need any changes, as all it is doing is extracting its contents to /system. You make the changes in the folders it should be fine once you zip it up.
    Android4Life
    Current:

Droid X CM7

X Lurker Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by abqnm View Post
    Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe all you would need to do is add the governors to the correct directory /lib/modules/ and then edit the /etc/init.d/02cpu and follow the same format that is there and make sure to leave the blank line at the end. Zip it back up and run it. The install script should not need any changes, as all it is doing is extracting its contents to /system. You make the changes in the folders it should be fine once you zip it up.
    Well i have tried this and still can not get the govs i added to show up...the rest of the zip works flawlessly

X Operative
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Well i have tried this and still can not get the govs i added to show up...the rest of the zip works flawlessly
    Check your PMs.
    Android4Life
    Current:

Droid X CM7

X Operative
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Post back here if what I sent you works. Also, where did you get the governors that you added? If they work, let me know how your governors perform and maybe post them up if all is well.
    Android4Life
    Current:

Droid X CM7

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads