how to enable different governors in CM7

This is a discussion on how to enable different governors in CM7 within the Cyanogenmod forums, part of the Gingerbread Roms category; thanks man for posting that. I will try it tonight or tomorrow, been super busy at work, working 10-12 hour days all week. Just looked ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: how to enable different governors in CM7

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 5.5%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Southwest Virginia, In the Boonies/Bible Belt/Coal Bucket
    Liked
    4 times
    thanks man for posting that. I will try it tonight or tomorrow, been super busy at work, working 10-12 hour days all week. Just looked through the zip, work just as I figured, you basically load them as modules with insmod as root. Glad I played around with linux for a while. I'm no expert but I remember having to install the nvidia drivers the hard way when they first came out. As well as my modem drivers. Dialup winmodem drivers.. LOL Thanks again. Seems like I used modprobe for something.. to install modules maybe, and lsmod to see what was currently loaded. Using the newer Distro's have made me forget almost everything I learned using the terminal. I still remember using vi though to edit XFree86 config when the video drivers didn't work..

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Operative
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registeredTagger Second Class7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by griz.droidx View Post
    thanks man for posting that. I will try it tonight or tomorrow, been super busy at work, working 10-12 hour days all week. Just looked through the zip, work just as I figured, you basically load them as modules with insmod as root. Glad I played around with linux for a while. I'm no expert but I remember having to install the nvidia drivers the hard way when they first came out. As well as my modem drivers. Dialup winmodem drivers.. LOL Thanks again. Seems like I used modprobe for something.. to install modules maybe, and lsmod to see what was currently loaded. Using the newer Distro's have made me forget almost everything I learned using the terminal. I still remember using vi though to edit XFree86 config when the video drivers didn't work..
    VI is rough. lol I much prefer nano. Much easier to use with CTRL commands than prefacing everything with a colon to execute commands.
    Android4Life
    Current:
    Droid Incredible 2 - 2.3.3 Not Rooted (unfortunately no solution for GB yet)

Droid X CM7

-Android user/abuser since December 2009-

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 5.5%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Southwest Virginia, In the Boonies/Bible Belt/Coal Bucket
    Liked
    4 times
    Yeah, I'm glad I only had to change a few lines.

:wq

X Lurker
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 64
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    So I downloaded the governors.zip and flashed it through clockwork and found the files and fixed the permissions but I'm not sure how to run/activate them. Is there a way to know which governor is currently running? Thanks
    Last edited by Outlaw_Thor; 08-04-2011 at 01:06 PM. Reason: fixed permissions, still confused

X Operative
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I've noticed a problem with the flashable zip. After you flash it and reboot, you need to go to /system/etc/init.d/02cpu and set the permissions for that file to rwx-rx. If you look at the other scripts in there you'll see how the permissions need to be.

Other than that, it works flawlessly! Thanks!

X Lurker
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Should be fixed now. Oddly enough every time I used the old zip permissions defaulted to 777. Haha. This should be more correct

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

X Operative
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Do you have a new link for the DL? Thanks.

X Informant
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    anyone have the Smart governor up and running? i tried flashing the zip but i got :error (status 4)

X Operative
    Achievements:
    3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registeredTagger Second Class7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by woodfielder View Post
    anyone have the Smart governor up and running? i tried flashing the zip but i got :error (status 4)
    Yeah it worked for me a while back. I am not using the DX right now, but that error is likely a corrupted download. Try downloading on the computer and move to the SD card.

Edit:

I just looked at the link on the first page and the file has been modified. The zip is missing the updater-script so it will not work at all. See my post on the next page for a new one I posted that will install and fix permissions for you.

Sent from my mind using the human to phone interface.
    Last edited by abqnm; 08-06-2011 at 06:40 AM. Reason: discovered original zip is missing file
    Android4Life
    Current:

Droid X CM7

X Operative
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw_Thor View Post
    So I downloaded the governors.zip and flashed it through clockwork and found the files and fixed the permissions but I'm not sure how to run/activate them. Is there a way to know which governor is currently running? Thanks
    You can activate them in Cyanogenmod Settings > Performance. In there is an option for CPU or overclocking. I can't remember the name. I currently am not using the DX. You can also change them with Android Overclock or SetCPU.
    Android4Life
    Current:

Droid X CM7

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads