Based of off CVPCS' instructions at RootzWiki - The Front Page1. After a successful SBF follow the directions below
***You will have to SBF back to stock 2.3.340***
DroidX Forums (nor I) are responsible for what you do to your phone. So mod at your own risk!!
[Guide] Preparing for CM4DX
PREFERRED METHOD FOR UPGRADING
2. Download, install, and run Z4 Root App
3. Download, install, and run DROID2 Bootstrap from market
4. Download and move to SD Card the CM7 update.zip
5. Download and move to SD Card the GAPPs update.zip. Here is the recommended download.
Here is the site if you can't download from the phone. Its the 6th link down (gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip)
6. Boot into clockwork using DROID2 Bootstrap.
7. Wipe data/cache
8. Install zip from SD and choose CM7 update.zip first then then hit the back arrow and install the GAPPs
9. Reboot and enjoy.
Easy Update.zip method by P3Droid and TBH
This can be used coming from any system version (.340, .596, etc)
Download Monster Zip
1. Boot into clockwork
2. Go to Mounts
a) format system
b) format data
c) format cache
d) mount system
3. Go back
4. Install zip from SD card
5. Select monster zip
6. Install GAPPs
Known Issues [BETA Release]
1. No camera/camcorder
3. Torch Flashlight FCs
From CVPCS ([ROM][BETA] CyanogenMod 7 for the Droid X)
Some other notes:
I would also like to thank those who helped me get here:
- This is CYANOGENMOD 7. Thus, it is GINGERBREAD. It boots off of the .32 kernel which shipped with froyo, but that's trivial (this is the reason for flashing back to 2.3.34).
- So long as your other ROMs ran off of 2.3.34, you should be able to flash between them and CM7, as CM7 uses the same recovery from DX/D2Bootstrap.
- Most importantly. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES INSTALL/RUN DROIDXBOOTSTRAP OR DROID2BOOTSTRAP WHILE RUNNING CM7. IF YOU IGNORE THIS YOU WILL HAVE TO SBF YOUR DEVICE. CM7 has been engineered to reboot into recovery by either a.) using adb to get into a shell and typing "reboot recovery", or b.) simply holding the power button until the global action menu comes up, and then selecting "Reboot", "Recovery". There is no need for DX/D2Bootstrap and running them will mess up the 2nd-init process.
The RootzWiki crew: birdman and b16
The CyanogenMod crew: so many to name that i'll just leave it at that
The Motorola Milestone crew: Skrilax_CZ for the awesome 2nd-init
My testers/supporters: robstemen, p3droid/TBH, aliasxerog, and synik4l
And all of you who have supported me for so long while waiting for this!
Lastly, I have gotten many requests from people for information on how to show me gratitude for the work I have done, so if you would like to buy me some quality beer or some delicious green tea for this, there is a donations link in my signature below!
Thanks for all the support and here's to OUR DEVICES, OUR WAY!Last edited by cvpcs; Today at 09:51 PM.Like my work? please consider donating!