CyanogenMod 9 BetaCM 9 Latest Update 8/19/12
Android Version:: 4.0.3 (ICS)
Original threat at rootz: http://rootzwiki.com/topic/18589-cya...icial-beta-89/
So I noticed both ShadowICS and EncounterICS seemed kind of abandoned and thought I would pick up CM9 DX builds also since I'm doing the D2G builds so without further ado.....
source can be found here: https://github.com/CM9-D2GCyanogenMod 9 for DXDisclaimer: I am not responsible if your phone randomly bursts into flames, starts howling like a wookie, or does anything else weird.
- CDMA radio (all aspects of it: calls, texts, data) (calls may be muted)
- Audio (including voice commands)
- SD card
- 2D & 3D HW acceleration
- DSP Manager
- 1% battery
What does not work:
- Youtube on low quality (turn on High Quality instead. No idea why but it works)
- charge only mode (if you plug in while off it boots all the way up)
- flash (?)
UPDATE ( future updates will be consolidated bottom of this post)
Should also fix data on source builds
Older builds (builds before 2/17 r4 do not boot):
Entire CyanogenMod team
Bikedude880 - Base d2g repo that much of this is based off of
Hashcode - frameworks and several other things
JackpotClavin - First got data on the Droid Pro which got me to start work on this.
Boot into CWM recovery
wipe data/factory reset
- built entirely from source without modifying after from here on.
Why is there Confirmed/"Should work"? I do not currently have a Droid X. One was donated to me earlier today by @wwickedd but I will not receive it until this coming week so builds until I get it are untested by me. Please confirm things as you can and also tell me what doesn't work.
Yes, the screenshot says "Droid 2 Global", its because the screenshots were taken on a D2G.
this is not my work. I am simply putting this here so that people who may not frequent the site it was posted on can use it.
the original thread can be found here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...od-9-beta.html
whatever you do, DO NOT, and I mean DO NOT ASK ABOUT THE CAMERA. It doesn't work. When there is a working solution for the camera you will know about it. A leprechaun riding a unicorn will prance into your town carrying the news and CNN will have breaking coverage of it (not really). Point being it will be a fairly big development so you will definitely hear / read about it.
Update on the Camera situation
-mute button in calls works
-cm merges (mostly backend)
-Its a little newer than the one jonman did with the camera and has all the CM stuff merged since the 3/14 build where the other one did not.
- md5sum= b2c2a88e385c9889aae35dc149715263
- Has name fixed to DROID X
- Has build number set to IML74K (required for Chrome download... STILL DOES NOT WORK)
- Has the ClassE fix
- Built off the common repo format
- Multiple updates from CM, if you want a list go look at CM's gerrit (review.cyanogenmod.com then click merged)
- md5 be8148d9ee16f1b31a6f6df200b8e1b3
- Camera.... kinda works.
- md5sum= 5cd72b5548fc0ea26a0d68f04045b01f
- Data tracking should work (does on d2g at least)
- cleaned up a lot (battery while idle should improve as a result)
- md5sum: 41e0ea88808762f0a6cfa5e7752a08cf
- added init.d support back
- gave us decent minfree values. Should help with performance some.
- md5sum: 9b9d469d04f2a145843431d249fd4ca3
- Working FM
- md5sum: 2d3d7e73ddad11a388dcd15711c1890e
- Added camera stuff
- 8 point multi-touch
- md5sum: 5056463e248a36ff2e957ae17ea9069a
- Should have working fm radio and charge only mode. Please confirm FM radio.
- md5sum: 43cd83c72164c6b13c171e3414c6d39a
- There was a few audio tweaks in there so I'm hoping that this build will fix the garbled audio over BT.
- I also fixed the sanity check (no more 100%+ battery readings
- md5sum: 0501051314494d91f50cc9c6315a2a84
- includes hdmi fix (thanks to SaurusX on Rootzwiki)
- md5sum: 450b5ea389c31dc312df09ae1ae6a597
- Should also fix data on source builds
...and DroidXForums also is not responsible for anything you do to your phone. Unless it starts spitting out gold bricks. Then we want half.