Each release I do, I will rotate my 'primary' site that I post on, and that is the one I will support from. Some of you may not like registering for these other sites - but I cannot support you all on multiple sites with each launch. I hope you can understand that the exposure on multiple sites is good for me, and that the five minutes it takes to register on these 2-3 other sites is worth your time and effort. Given that I spend many many hours on a release, I don't think it is too much to ask
I will create a separate bugs thread - any issues you find, please post THERE and not here.
Easy setup notes (thx HarleyDude!) - Easy setup of NEW SSX 2.1
Additional SSX upgrade notes from LordButt: [ROM] [8/19/11] - SSX 2.1 - Built From Source - GB 2.3.5
1. 2.3.340 is a prerequisite. If you are not currently running that version (ie. if you are running Liberty) you will NEED TO INSTALL SSX-prep.zip first. I've built this process (using TBH's all-in-one installer) so that you do not have to SBF to install my ROM. If you encounter any issues with this method - I suggest going the full SBF route to start clean!
2. Do a factory data wipe. .cache. .dalvik...battery stats. .then flash it. .. you SHOULD be able to restore just apps/data through Tibu - just NO SYSTEM stuff. Even if installing over top of SSX 2.0 - you MIGHT have an issue where any system settings do not stick. If this happens, you can try fix permissions. If that does not help, you MUST WIPE.
3. If you have to install the prep file - you will likely get a radio error. Ignore, and continue to install SSX-GB-2.1-update.zip. Reboot into the ROM. Reboot into recovery again, and re-install the prep zip. This time you will get no errors, and you should be good to go. If you happen to install my ROM and exit recovery, having not installed the prep file - you WILL have to SBF.
4. Once SSX is installed, DO NOT use any of the bootstrappers (DX/D2). You will have to SBF if you do. Reboot into recovery will be done via the normal power button.
5. Apparently recent versions of Droid Overclock (by jrummy) are causing reboots. I have been told that version 2.1.7 works just fine
6. Thanks to all my testers, in no particular order - your help is much appreciated! Kevin M - Steve P - Tyler Markland - Mark Hojnacki - Craig Holcomb - Sean Lopez - Toby - Jason "Manbeard" - If I forgot anyone, I'm sorry! Let me know - my head is spinning.
If you want to go back to any other ROM - follow their instructions, which likely will involve an SBF install.
Launchers - ADW and Sony are included. A few other things that are included - Google Apps, including Maps and Street View. Also included - aLogcat and QuickPic.
Swype (original version that came on the DX) is now included. Camcorder works! GPS works! The hard camera button now works! Torch works!
Things I know that do not work:
That is it, as far as I know! I believe you will find this very fast and fluid - I have
Battery Icons Patch (ONLY THEMED - post #81)