PDA

View Full Version : Converting Video Files For DX On Mac

SJH X
10-18-2010, 10:12 PM
I know there are tons of threads, and I read them, and I still can't figure this out. I'm sorry, I hope this helps more then just me.

I have
-Macbook Pro
-DX 2.2 (not rooted if that matters)
-2 videos in .wmv that I want on my DX

How? I don't want to buy anything and I am not sure how this is going to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: I tried handbrake, not much luck. Maybe I was doing it wrong, but I'm not great at this kind of thing.

Aaron636r
10-18-2010, 10:21 PM
Download the RockPlayer from the market (free version). It will play it just fine without wasting time converting.

CrashF16
10-19-2010, 07:07 AM
Here's a good link for using Handbrake on the Mac for when you want to convert your DVDs for your DX. I think it's for a slightly older version of Handbrake but most of it is applicable, and it'll get you started. As stated above, also download Rock Player..it'll play most files.

One other note, if you use Handbrake, it will give your files a .m4v suffix. When you put that file on the DX, change the suffix to .mp4 (just change the name through the file manager or on your Mac prior to moving the file), and it'll play in your stock player.

Jinxt
10-19-2010, 08:36 AM
The easiest way would be to try rockplayer and see if the playback is sufficient. I sometimes get slow playback with wmv if the resolution is too high but you may not need to transcode them at all.

Sent from my DROIDX