PDA

View Full Version : Camcorder recording size

Poisonousbttrfly
10-18-2010, 11:50 AM
Hello,
I've been searching the forums and haven't found an answer to my problem... I took some video recordings with the camcorder on my droid x and my settings were such that the files are around 200MB! I tried e-mailing the recordings from my droid x and they were too big to go through, so i linked to my pc and tried e-mailing the files through my e-mail on the pc - still too big to send!

I don't have any video editors on my pc so i've tried to resize the recordings on my droid x, but when i resize and save i don't see the recordings! I've tried this about 5 times now and the file is still the exact same size. I've looked in all the files on my phone and despite having saved a new resized version, there is no new file!

How can i save a resized version of the camcorder video so that it is a size that can be e-mailed?!

DebianDog
10-18-2010, 12:00 PM
Without a video encoder on your PC (Windows, Media, Divx, etc) not sure.

You could upload it to Youtube. ;)

Poisonousbttrfly
10-18-2010, 01:03 PM
Drat. I did try manage to upload 2 of the videos to You Tube - it took 8-10 minutes each. :(

DebianDog
10-18-2010, 01:08 PM
Yeah even on my Mac I keep a Windows encoder. HD videos are SO big you have to downsize to ship around.