PDA

View Full Version : I there a way to have different ringtones......

Birdofprey
10-14-2010, 01:09 PM
Is there away to have different ringtones for each contact and diff emails and text messages..... ect.... like the blackberry lets you do. Is there an app or something to get to allow you to do this. I miss it you could tell who was calling or texting and emailing without even looking at the phone. thanks

ToeJamm57
10-14-2010, 01:16 PM
Ringtones - yes. You can set that up in Contacts. To my knowledge there is nothing at this time that will allow customized ringtones for individual email or messages.

smalltowngirl13
10-14-2010, 01:40 PM
Handcent should allow individual customization for SMS msgs...

DebianDog
10-14-2010, 02:26 PM
With K9 you can set a notification per e-mail account

ToeJamm57
10-14-2010, 02:52 PM
SMTG do you know how this is accomplished? I have been using Handcent for quite a while and don't remember seeing this option (although admittedly I haven't really looked for it).

Handcent should allow individual customization for SMS msgs...

smalltowngirl13
10-14-2010, 02:57 PM
SMTG do you know how this is accomplished? I have been using Handcent for quite a while and don't remember seeing this option (although admittedly I haven't really looked for it).

Open up a text from the contact you want to customize, click on the setting icon upper right corner, notification setting, ringtone...

Sent from my DX

Birdofprey
10-14-2010, 05:04 PM
I can't find how to put a ringtone in for a contact. I am tring to put diff ringtones in for diff contacts. Can anybody help I just got this phone 2 days ago and I am an idoit on this thing. Does more but alot harder than my BBstorm2

ToeJamm57
10-14-2010, 05:28 PM
Go to Contacts and pick the one you want to add a customized ringtone to. Hit the hard-key Menu button and select Edit. Hit the back up hard-key to get the keyboard out of the way and scroll all the way to the bottom of the page. You will see a bar that says "Additional Info". Press on the ">" arrow and scroll down some more. You will see a bar that says "Ringtone - no ringtone specified". Touch this and you should be prompted to add a ringtone from available options. BTW - if you add Zedge before doing this you can increase your options of available ring tones. Also - prior to doing all of this you may want to have your selected ringtones ready to go in a ringtone folder on your SD Card.

I can't find how to put a ringtone in for a contact. I am tring to put diff ringtones in for diff contacts. Can anybody help I just got this phone 2 days ago and I am an idoit on this thing. Does more but alot harder than my BBstorm2

smalltowngirl13
10-14-2010, 05:40 PM

It is called a "learning curve"... ;)