PDA

View Full Version : sms audio not working

bladerunner
10-08-2010, 10:46 AM
hi all just got my droidx a couple of weeks ago, killer phone i must say. although i downloaded an app for ringtones. i dont recall the name of the app, but when i downloaded some apps to my sms ring tone list, the sound was fine untill i switched to anther ringtone
and it would still play the sound of the previous ring tone i had and wouldnt let it switch over. so i installed the delete ringtone and got rid of the ringtones i had downloaded and now i don't have sound when i recieve a text. but when i go into settings and click the sound of sms mesagge notification the sound is there. i hope the ringtones that i downloaded didn't jack up up the sound to the phone.:( anyone have any ideas???

joeyjackpot
10-08-2010, 12:28 PM
Are you running any 3rd party Messaging apps such as Handcent, ChompSMS, SMS Popup, etc? Some of those come with custom notification settings and you might need to change them after having deleted the files as well.

bladerunner
10-08-2010, 01:50 PM
i believe it was "Ringtones" by mobile ring i have since uninstalled it. now is there a way to get the sound back on my SMS without having to reset the phone? thanks