PDA

View Full Version : Randy Moss Rumors....

didiwags
10-05-2010, 10:42 PM
According to Foxsports.com, Randy Moss might be coming back to Vikings! I find this interesting and kind of hilarious. I so hate his attitude(being we-MN fans- dealt with it when he played here before), but he would be a much needed addition!
Do you think it will happen?
Any Patriots fans got any input?

Minnesota Vikings close to acquiring New England Patriots' Randy Moss - NFL News - FOX Sports on MSN (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Randy-Moss-trade-New-England-Patriots-Minnesota-Vikings-100510)

j_acm
10-05-2010, 11:33 PM
It is much needed in MN, Bret needs a receiver. But it's weird to hear that the Patsies are giving him up since he and bradybunch make a decent pair.

psychotic_penguin
10-05-2010, 11:38 PM
He's needed, although his attitude is a deal breaker for, but I think he's unhappy with the Evil Empire and yearns to go home.

RudyN
10-05-2010, 11:46 PM
I heard just a bit ago that he really hasn't even been discussing a contract with the Vikings yet and I think he still has to buy out his curent contract.

didiwags
10-06-2010, 12:22 AM
Yeah I think Moss just can't stay in one place for very long. Who knows, maybe he is realizing how good he had it in MN. He hated being with the Raiders and is now disliking the Pats! He has also never been able to recreate what he did here. IDK if it will happen but yes the Vikes need (DESPERATELY) a receiver. AP can only do so much, he needs help! Sounds like Rice will be out the rest of the season so yeah this is definitely not the same team we had last year!

didiwags
10-06-2010, 09:56 AM
Supposedly it is now a done deal!!! Moss is a Viking again!

Minnesota Vikings trade for New England Patriots' Randy Moss - NFL News - FOX Sports on MSN (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Randy-Moss-trade-New-England-Patriots-Minnesota-Vikings-100510)

ambulance dude
10-06-2010, 10:03 AM
I think MN needs a younger quarter back.

Sent from my Droid X in an Ambulance using Tapatalk.

didiwags
10-06-2010, 10:09 AM
I think MN needs a younger quarter back.

haha I cannot help but laugh at that statement!! Sorry! :) Yeah Farve is pretty much on his last leg... but he was amazing last year, you have to give him that. TJax is just so NOT ready to be the Vikings QB, hopefully he will get better but I (and most of MN) feel Childress just does not want to admit that TJax is just not this savior QB he was hoping for.

ambulance dude
10-06-2010, 04:37 PM
Well I really think that being in camp the entire preseason would have been nice. You know the NFL will make a rule about roto rascals on the field before long, just to keep Bret off the field.

Oh but you have to admire him, coming back after that New Orleans defense made him forget his name last year.

psychotic_penguin
10-06-2010, 08:50 PM
A new quarterback next? I have all the respect for Favre as a player, but he just looks old, the arm is still a rocket but he doesn't move as well now with all the problems with his legs.

didiwags
10-06-2010, 10:58 PM
Did you watch the saints game last year??? It was not the defense it was penalties that let the saints win.
Favre still has a great arm, but yes he just does not move like he used too.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ambulance dude
10-07-2010, 04:50 PM
Did you watch the saints game last year??? It was not the defense it was penalties that let the saints win.
Favre still has a great arm, but yes he just does not move like he used too.

Apparently you did not watch that game, but Favre spent a lot of time picking himself up after getting pounded. And every time he got up slower and slower.

didiwags
10-07-2010, 05:35 PM
Apparently you did not watch that game, but Favre spent a lot of time picking himself up after getting pounded. And every time he got up slower and slower.

Don't think to highly of the saints, yes he got sacked but it is not like that don't happen in football. Favre may be 40, but dont talk sh*t until you are out on the field doing what he does!!!

ambulance dude
10-07-2010, 05:44 PM
Whoa man..... Favre is old, and he is one good lick away from being in a retirement home. My problem with him is how he leaves his teamates in a bind by not showing up to training camp trying to decide if he is going to play or not. Hell, if I was the owner/ coach I would tell him to not worry about pondering retirement if he can't be there for the start of camp with the rest of his teamates.

ambulance dude
10-07-2010, 05:45 PM
Oh and I don't think anything I said deserved the use of your language.

dkst0426
10-08-2010, 11:33 AM
Sounds like Rice will be out the rest of the season so yeah this is definitely not the same team we had last year!
Source? Last I heard, Chili said he's progressing as they expected his recovery period to go.

Moss and Berrian/Rice on the flanks. Harvin in the slot. Shiancoe (already Favre's favorite target) at tight end.

Stack the box to stop Peterson, and there'll be receivers in 1-on-1 coverage. Drop an extra linebacker into coverage or go nickel, and there'll be gaps for Peterson to take advantage of.

As long as Favre can complete passes to his own teammates (something he's struggled with this season), the Vikings offense will be in great shape. Even Jackson could start and put up great numbers with this lineup.

didiwags, your fandom is admirable, but the fact is that (a) Favre was knocked around silly in the NFC Championship game because he was not quick enough to take more than 3-5 step drops and really showed his age; and (b) if the season's play so far is any indication, he's either past it or should really have come to training camp to work on chemistry with his receivers. I don't care who you are - after 6-7 months off, you can't just come right back and expect to click right away.

And now the path is clear for the Pats to pick up Vincent Jackson. Question remains whether or not San Diego will be astute enough to extract as much as possible out of the deal.

didiwags
10-08-2010, 09:23 PM
Source? Last I heard, Chili said he's progressing as they expected his recovery period to go.

Moss and Berrian/Rice on the flanks. Harvin in the slot. Shiancoe (already Favre's favorite target) at tight end.

Stack the box to stop Peterson, and there'll be receivers in 1-on-1 coverage. Drop an extra linebacker into coverage or go nickel, and there'll be gaps for Peterson to take advantage of.

As long as Favre can complete passes to his own teammates (something he's struggled with this season), the Vikings offense will be in great shape. Even Jackson could start and put up great numbers with this lineup.

didiwags, your fandom is admirable, but the fact is that (a) Favre was knocked around silly in the NFC Championship game because he was not quick enough to take more than 3-5 step drops and really showed his age; and (b) if the season's play so far is any indication, he's either past it or should really have come to training camp to work on chemistry with his receivers. I don't care who you are - after 6-7 months off, you can't just come right back and expect to click right away.

And now the path is clear for the Pats to pick up Vincent Jackson. Question remains whether or not San Diego will be astute enough to extract as much as possible out of the deal.

Hey I know Favre is old, I am not denying that. But when our only other choice is TJax, Favre is the better choice LOL

As for the Rice thing, he called into ESPN or another sports show the day Moss got offically traded and they asked him about it and he said he had to wait and see what the doctors say. He was still on crutches when he called in. That does not sound very promising. He actually did not sound like he would be back. Plus I know I did read it somewhere.....

Also as for the training camp thing and Favre.... he has not gone to those in years. Not even when he was still with the Packers towards the end of his stint there. It is stupd that he thinks he can miss those, he obvioulsy needs them LOL