PDA

View Full Version : Movies Converted for the Droid X

Sandlotje
10-05-2010, 08:05 AM
[This is probably more of a question for mods, but anyone may feel free to answer] Would it be okay if I posted links to movies I've uploaded to megaupload of videos I've converted for the Droid X? I don't know if this would violate any rules. Someone over at Crackberry did a similar thing a while back and I was really grateful for it, so I kinda want to do a similar thing. :)

Backnblack
10-05-2010, 08:30 AM
Sorry but No....Rips are only legal if you actually own the Movie.

Sandlotje
10-05-2010, 12:01 PM
Okay, well that's too bad. Feel free to PM me anyone.

Sandlotje
10-06-2010, 12:36 AM
Okay, so since direct linking appears to be a violation -- if you want to find this thread somewhere else where I'm going to try to continuously update the thread, google "movies converted for the droid x" (with the quotation marks), and your first result will get you to where you want to go. Hopefully this post does not violate -- trust me, I have no inclination of violating forum rules. :)

WhiteLabelDon
10-06-2010, 12:56 AM
Can the droid play AVI ?

Jdubb
10-06-2010, 01:42 PM
Hey Sandlot, thnx for the vids. how are you converting? A nice lil tutorial would be awesome, i would like to participate and add some movies as well=)

jedge
10-06-2010, 01:58 PM
Flintstones Viva Rock Vegas?, wth? lol

jk, jk,
i've been using DVD Catalyst Free for Droid X | Tools4Movies, the official home of DVD Catalyst (http://www.tools4movies.com/2010/07/dvd-catalyst-free-for-droid-x/) to convert some old dvds and it works great. Only $10 too.

Sandlotje
10-06-2010, 02:12 PM
Haha yes flintstones. I'm just uploading all of the movies I have. You never know when you might wanna watch one, ya know? Thanks for the positive feedback all!

Additionally, someone just informed me that the google search result is no longer the first one, but the second. Its the crackberry result. I guess it switches depending on the activity of the thread lol.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Sandlotje
10-06-2010, 02:19 PM
Hey Sandlot, thnx for the vids. how are you converting? A nice lil tutorial would be awesome, i would like to participate and add some movies as well=)

Regarding my process, my personal one is rather in depth lol. I have a total of three funders for my movies. Two for iso's and one for mp4's. First I like to back up the full dvd using dvd shrink and that goes into the dual layer folder. Then I take the iso of that movie and mount it to a virtual drive clonedvd, open dvdshrink and make a single layer iso of the same movie then I use dvd catalyst to convert it to droid x format. I'll give a better write up later today when I get home with screen shots

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Jdubb
10-09-2010, 08:30 AM
I purchased that DVDCatalyst program. Will keep all informed. =)

dvdcatalyst
10-09-2010, 08:58 AM
First I like to back up the full dvd using dvd shrink and that goes into the dual layer folder. Then I take the iso of that movie and mount it to a virtual drive clonedvd, open dvdshrink and make a single layer iso of the same movie then I use dvd catalyst to convert it to droid x format.

Hi Sandlotje,

You could skip a few steps :)

Using DVDshrink on the DVD first is not needed, but I understand the reasoning. At least you have a nice backup image.

But, rather than mounting and re-shrinking it, just drag the original ISO you created onto DVDCat, and it will treat it as a DVD.

James
10-09-2010, 05:00 PM
There really isn't any converting needed on the Droid X. It plays AVIs and MKVs just fine if you use RockPlayer...

dvdcatalyst
10-10-2010, 11:48 AM
There really isn't any converting needed on the Droid X. It plays AVIs and MKVs just fine if you use RockPlayer...

Not everyone has access to AVI and MKV files, so unless an external DVD drive can be connected to a Droid X, conversion is still needed for most people.

What is the battery-life like when you watch an MKV with RockPlayer vs playing an MP4 file using Gallery/Act1 ?

RockPlayer uses (for non-MP4 files) a software decoding engine, which basically uses the processor to decode video. If your files are in the proper MP4 format, they are played (in Gallery/Act1) using the build-in H264 hardware support chip, which should result in less battery usage, thus longer battery life.

dennyjones
10-29-2010, 09:59 AM
I use DVDFab to convert moves to any format. Very easy.

Denny

BossBrew
10-30-2010, 07:33 PM
Converting is extremely necessary for large MKV files. The Droid X cannot handle MKV files with a 720p resolution running at an bitrate of 3000+

Converting allows you to lower the bitrate, resolution, and encode the files in baseline for best playback on mobile devices. Most importantly you can greatly decrease the file size of the source video. I recently encoded a 1.1 GB MKV file to a 320 MB MP4 in four minutes. This saves a ton of space and cuts down the amount of time it takes to write the files to an SD card.

As for AVI files, I wouldn't bother with them if they aren't at a resolution higher than 854x480.

harleyman15001
10-31-2010, 11:09 AM
I could really use your help. I have no idea how to put/get formatted movies for my droid x. Can you help?

BossBrew
10-31-2010, 01:39 PM
I'd hate to keep bumping my own thread but I have posted a tutorial on converting video files for Droid X playback HERE (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-audio-video/9760-encoding-mkv-files-droid-x-playback.html)