PDA

View Full Version : Zedge App

mth0825
07-18-2010, 11:54 AM
I'm using the zedge app for ringtones and it looks like it sets the ringtone through the app but all that happens when the person calls is I get a name notification and the tone isn't saved.

Anyone experience this?

X-tac23
07-18-2010, 12:07 PM
Had a problem once so I went into the settimgs and changed it. Could just be a glitch.

mth0825
07-18-2010, 12:09 PM
What settings?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

mth0825
07-18-2010, 02:03 PM
I even assigned a ringtone from the contacts edit screen and it doesn't seem to work. It's really frustrating.

Dread
10-10-2010, 04:06 PM
I have used Zedge to download ringtones but I am too much of a geek to now know where and how the ringtones filesystem and structure works. So, I browsed through the phone directory using Astro and moved all downloaded ringtones and notification sounds to the folders /mnt/sdcard/media/audio/ringtones and /mnt/sdcard/media/audio/notifications. Then you can assign the ringtones and notifications through the Android system NOT the Zedge system. I find this to be more appealing to use the system on the phone then a third party program. This method can be used for ringtones obtained from soundboards.

joebob
12-05-2010, 03:41 AM
@dread I've tried moving ringtones and notifications to those folders also but it won't let me, just gives me a message that says they cannot be moved. Rooted dx using es file explorer. Any suggestions?