PDA

View Full Version : Video access from home screen

Chip Phillips
09-29-2010, 02:51 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows of a way for easier video access via home screen folder/etc. Currently the only way I know of is to add a files shortcut, but I still have to select "phone files", then "mobile", then "video". Anyone know of a more direct way?
Any help would be great. Thanks, Chip

stevewitt
09-29-2010, 02:57 PM
Are you trying to access video that you've taken with the DX or trying to access video that you've dl'd?

Chip Phillips
09-29-2010, 03:03 PM
I'm trying to access video that I have transferred onto my device from my home PC.

stevewitt
09-29-2010, 03:03 PM
Gallery>Videos

stevewitt
09-29-2010, 03:04 PM
What player are you using?

Chip Phillips
09-29-2010, 03:10 PM
I'm using the stock player. I just looked into RockPlayer, and it looks like I might be able to place a shortcut to that on my homescreen and access videos that way. It looks like I have to purchase the $10.00 version to get rid of the "activate" screen that appears every time I load it though. Is it worth the purchase? Thanks for the quick help on this! It's been driving me crazy. Seems like you should just be able to add a "video" folder to the home screen.
Your idea for using "gallery" is a good one, only it doesn't show the video titles, just icons, so it's hard to tell what the videos are.

stevewitt
09-29-2010, 04:41 PM
I'm using the stock player. I just looked into RockPlayer, and it looks like I might be able to place a shortcut to that on my homescreen and access videos that way. It looks like I have to purchase the $10.00 version to get rid of the "activate" screen that appears every time I load it though. Is it worth the purchase? Thanks for the quick help on this! It's been driving me crazy. Seems like you should just be able to add a "video" folder to the home screen.
Your idea for using "gallery" is a good one, only it doesn't show the video titles, just icons, so it's hard to tell what the videos are.

From what I've heard it's worth every penny!

Chip Phillips
09-29-2010, 06:02 PM
Well, I just purchased it and it's a pretty sweet app. Only thing that I don't like, and I think this is a bug, the little box that asks which mode pops up when loading a video every time after a phone re-start. Even after checking the "don't show again" box, and setting it in the preferences. A little annoying.