PDA

View Full Version : Callers can't hear me! Yikes! Help!

ataraxis4me
09-28-2010, 01:34 PM
It's now happened in several locations far apart from one another. I get a call and try to answer it and the caller can't hear my side of the conversation. Frustrating! So, I try to call them right back, and the same thing happens.

This is not for every call... but for far, FAR too many calls! And, this did not happen with my cheapie Verizon phones in the past... NOR am I accidentally hitting the muter button either. (Yep... first thing I checked)

I just called Verizon tech. support and they had me do the *228 thing to update my roaming. (Of course it worked fine when I called them)

Is anyone else having this problem... and if so... does anyone else have a solution? Heck.. I haven't even returned my Reality (that I hated and exchanged for this one) yet. The phone part on that one worked great.. but the data part wouldn't.

Yikes! Help please! Old retired lady here just trying to stay up to date with all you younguns! LOL

ataraxis4me
10-27-2010, 11:15 AM
Well... finally broke down and took it back to a store and replaced it. So far no problems with the new one! But even with using Backup Pro, I was amazed at how long it took me to get things back the way I like them again. Sure hope this one stays working for years to come then!

droider4life
10-27-2010, 11:20 AM
It's now happened in several locations far apart from one another. I get a call and try to answer it and the caller can't hear my side of the conversation. Frustrating! So, I try to call them right back, and the same thing happens.

This is not for every call... but for far, FAR too many calls! And, this did not happen with my cheapie Verizon phones in the past... NOR am I accidentally hitting the muter button either. (Yep... first thing I checked)

I just called Verizon tech. support and they had me do the *228 thing to update my roaming. (Of course it worked fine when I called them)

Is anyone else having this problem... and if so... does anyone else have a solution? Heck.. I haven't even returned my Reality (that I hated and exchanged for this one) yet. The phone part on that one worked great.. but the data part wouldn't.

Yikes! Help please! Old retired lady here just trying to stay up to date with all you younguns! LOL
I just got my Droid X last week (bought it used) and the first phone call i made on it, did the same thing. I was worried i got hosed on my used purchase.. I couldnt hear anything on it. After many failed calls, i rebooted the phone and all has seems to be well since. (knock on wood) it sounds like you tried that and it didnt work. Glad to see you got your new phone all set back up and working good again...