PDA

View Full Version : Mixzing v.s. PlayerPro

renthorin
09-27-2010, 10:07 AM
I have both. Love the layout of PlayerPro as it closely mimics my IPOD but for some reason it plays select albums in alpha order, not track order.

Mixzing doesn't have this problem so I have to switch back and forth depending on which album I want to listen to.

Anyone else using PP and noticed albums in alpha order?

smalltowngirl13
09-27-2010, 10:10 AM
I haven't used PlayerPro but I do use MixZing and I am quite pleased with it...

Yesterday tho I tried TuneWiki based upon this thread http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-apps/8074-tunewiki-music-player-i-always-dreamed.html?highlight=tunewiki and it was quite impressive...

renthorin
09-27-2010, 10:16 AM
yeah it does the trick. I just like the PP approach to having the 4 buttons across the top of the screen. Plus, you can customize what 'groups' you want to see.

In MZ, I wish I could not show Genres and not have to go back to the main screen to sort by artist instead of album.

smalltowngirl13
09-27-2010, 10:24 AM
So is PP a widget or offers different widgets? I was looking in the market - is Music PlayerPro by Tristan Bigourdan?

renthorin
09-27-2010, 10:30 AM
It's the one by Tristan, yes. Not sure about widgetableness.

smalltowngirl13
09-27-2010, 10:34 AM
Thanks!! I know you were seeking help and I end up asking you more questions :)...I am gonna give this a try...

renthorin
09-27-2010, 10:41 AM
No problem, I always value your input :-) It just frustrates me when I find what I consider the perfect music player...and then it plays a few albums in alpha order :-(
I have emailed the dev to see what he says.

smalltowngirl13
09-27-2010, 10:45 AM
When you say alpha order - you mean the album song order? I just started it up with one of my albums and it is playing it in song order from the actual album...but if I press shuffle, it plays them random...

And this is a pretty cool interface...

renthorin
09-27-2010, 11:02 AM
99% of the albums play in track order, meaning the order they appear on the CD. Les Miserables, for example, is playing in alpha order, not track order.

It is the PP interface that drew me in :-)

smalltowngirl13
09-27-2010, 11:23 AM
Ok - cool...I primarily listen songs on shuffle anyway but occasionally I do like to just focus on an album...I liked being able to change up the tabs on the top - that was pretty cool...

renthorin
09-27-2010, 11:29 AM
Just heard back from Dev:

Hi there,

MPP uses track numbers to order the songs and then title (alpha) when track numbers are missing.

There is also a known android bug with wma files where the track numbers are not correctly read by the android Media Scanner. You can read more information about it here: Issue 4620 - android - Music Player ignores WMA metadata track number - Project Hosting on Google Code (http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=4620)..

Rgds,
Tristan

I checked and the offending files are m4a whereas the ones that display in track order are mp3. I shall convert all m4a --> mp3 when I get home :-)