PDA

View Full Version : Converting videos...

Gangsta4evr
09-22-2010, 11:16 PM
Hey fellow Droid X users!!! I was wondering what program is the best program to convert videos for the Droid X. I have seen many post about converting from dvd to video but not video to Droid X video so to speak. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

MrCapcom
09-23-2010, 12:39 PM
I find most of my Anime's if I download 400p videos or SD videos in AVI format they work by playing them with RockPlayer. Conversion wise try DVD Catalyst or HandBrake

garath
09-24-2010, 01:16 PM
DVD catalyst 3 rips and converts DVDs but it also converts video files as well. It's my favorite. Very easy to use and works well.

ToeJamm57
09-24-2010, 01:41 PM
ConvertAVItoMP4 - not limited to only AVI conversion. Does most formats simply.

DebianDog
09-24-2010, 02:12 PM
Since AVI is not actually a format. I bet! It is a container that supports formats. ;)

Comparison of container formats - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_container_formats)

ToeJamm57
09-24-2010, 02:23 PM
Don't start nit picking me now DD. I'm in medicine not IT for the love of God! I'm luck to know as much as I do (most of that is only because I'm not afraid to play :-)

Since AVI is not actually a format. I bet! It is a container that supports formats. ;)

Comparison of container formats - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_container_formats)

DebianDog
09-24-2010, 02:37 PM
Don't start nit picking me now DD. I'm in medicine not IT for the love of God! I'm luck to know as much as I do (most of that is only because I'm not afraid to play :-)

I know... I know.... SORRY It is just that SOOO many things could be inside an AVI file. Some will play and some will not even if a player supposedly supports "AVI"

Cigator
09-24-2010, 04:22 PM
I use Rock Player. The avi and mkv containers all play fine without conversion.

DebianDog
09-24-2010, 04:23 PM
Rock player is solid

Swyped on my X

Gangsta4evr
09-25-2010, 12:32 AM
Thanks for all the help. I have RockPlayer and that seems like the unanimous winner.

NerdJunkies Joe
09-25-2010, 12:58 AM

"Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor not a computer technician!"

Funny. Anyways, I'm also wondering of a specific format/container to stream all my PC AVI files with XDNA. Seems like it just doesn't like Divx/Xvid AVI. Thanks for the help!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ToeJamm57
09-25-2010, 10:43 PM
That was good.

"Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor not a computer technician!"

Funny. Anyways, I'm also wondering of a specific format/container to stream all my PC AVI files with XDNA. Seems like it just doesn't like Divx/Xvid AVI. Thanks for the help!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk