PDA

View Full Version : Zune UI for Android

Ack
09-19-2010, 01:18 AM

Ever wanted a Zune-like interface for your Android device? Look no further, a developer over at XDA has put together a unique app the puts the Zune UI onto Android. Even if you have never owned a Zune in your life the interface is very simple and easy to figure out. The user can scroll through several menus with smooth scrolling and transitions, all while keeping the UI details to a minimum. There is a settings menu as well as a quicklist where you can add apps to launch more easily. The app name is Zune Home so you can go pick it up on the app store for $0.99. Forthcoming updates include unread sms, email, and other indicators.

[Source (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=767820)]

XJ-linux
09-20-2010, 08:36 AM

Ever wanted a Zune-like interface for your Android device?

Perhaps the question is "Has anyone ever wanted a Zune? Ever?" ;)

movadoevo8
09-20-2010, 09:11 AM
Has anyone tried this home screen replacement? What is your feed back good/bad? Does it out perform Launcher Pro or ADW Launcher? Is it as smooth as a real Zune HD?

anomaly
09-20-2010, 09:11 AM
not bad for $0.99. great idea, as i love my ZuneHD's UI. its smooth, fast and super easy to get places fast.

but... unlike the ZuneHD, this UI is kinda laggy and is missing 2 key navigation elements.

the back feature. on the ZuneHD the title of the previous screen moves up to the top of the screen as you dive deeper into the menus. you just hit that title at the top to go back to the previous screen. this UI doesn't work like that.

it kinda does this in the settings section from the home screen. but lacks the smooth 3D transition.

the pin menu. it lacks some function. it works for what it is i guess but its not really like the ZuneHD pin menu at all. just think of it like a app drawer that that you can put your favorite app shortcuts in and nothing more.

sorry if it sounds like im being negative. maybe the UI on the OG Zune is exactly like this and thats what the Dev was going for, idk. i do like the app and i plan keeping it, but i just think that its lacking the 2 major things that i use 90% of the time when using the UI on my ZuneHD.

movadoevo8
09-20-2010, 09:23 AM
Thanks for the review... =)

anomaly
09-20-2010, 09:33 AM
hey n/p. :)

its worth $0.99 for sure. for me as of right now it wont replace LP, for the reasons i said already but if the Dev continues to work on getting it more "Zune like" i may use it as my main launcher in the future.