PDA

View Full Version : Zagg Smartbuds

Gixxer
09-18-2010, 06:50 AM
After doing tons of research and not finding much in the way of there compatibility with the Droid X I took a leap of faith and finally got my pair of Zagg Smartbuds in the mail. Comfort wise they are the most comfortable pair of buds I've ever owned. Sound wise they are very good, but the only thing keeping them out of the $50 level is they are missing all the bass and though they aren't totally noise canceling they do block out a majority of ambient noise. The coating on the wire makes them virtually tangle free which is nice. Controls....Bleh, the biggest reason for me purchasing them was the biggest disappointment. The volume slider is crap, to get a real low volume, you'll only get sound through one bud, I'd say just use the phone volume. The call button works great for answering them, but will not end it, just mute it. As for being able to skip tracks, can't do that either with android based devices.

If you don't get your hands on a 50% promo code then I can't really say these would be a justified purchase, but if you can get them for 25 bucks and aren't a huge audiophilenand you're not in it for the controls then they aren't a bad go.

eljoker
11-15-2010, 11:45 PM
Bump from the dead, just ordered a set. Ill let you know how I like them.

eljoker
11-16-2010, 03:35 PM
I know I used a code I got in an email and bam 50% off.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

blackwater
12-15-2010, 07:30 PM
I have a pair and think they are great. They do skip tracks on android. Push and hold the mic button too skip forward.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

RolandDeschain
02-09-2011, 06:47 PM
Bose MIE2 Mobile Headset - Bose MIE2i Mobile Headset - Bose Headsets and Headphones (http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/shop_online/headphones/mobile_solutions/in_ear_mobile_solution/index.jsp)

I have those. They only have a mic button, but in most music players you can play/pause with one click, next track with two clicks and previous track with three clicks. Works that way in PlayerPro & PowerAMP for me. Sound quality is excellent, if a bit heavy on the bass, which I use PowerAMP's equalizer with to reduce. The attachment thingie on it keeps them in your ears no matter what surprisingly well, too; I couldn't get them to come out doing a flat-out sprint while purposely pounding my legs hard on the ground.

jladams97
02-10-2012, 12:07 PM
When I read on the side of the Smartbuds box that they could be used to both mute and answer hang up, I asked the old Thermos question: how do it know? (if you don't know the Thermos joke, Google it) That's what brought me here. And when I saw blackwater's information that holding down the mic button advances the track, I thought that might be how you hang up too. And it is! So while on a call, quick click of the mic button is mute toggle (on/off) and hold of the mic button is hang up.

Using Motorola Atrix