PDA

View Full Version : Custom Droid X icons by Garemlin

Garemlin
07-08-2010, 11:32 PM
Some of you may have seen (and even used) my sets of custom icons over on Droid Forums. Well I have decided to start from scratch on the sets resizing them to 72x72 for the DX screen. I will be making four sets. Aluminum border, black ibox style, blue ibox style and smoke glass. The ibox and smoke glass sets were originally started by DF member Matth3w. I just continued with what he started by creating my own different icons based on his templates. The aluminum set is my own creation. My sets currently have 135 icons of all different types. There are stock Droid, stock Droid X, stock Sense 2.1, market apps and some for fun. Here is an example from each set:

138 139 140 141

All sets are complete. I have revised the original set with some requested additions and some removals of unnecessary icons. Download links are at the bottom of this post. This is a list of all of the icons in the set and that will be included in the other three. Take a look and LMK if I have missed any commonly used apps and I will add them. I will also consider requests after all of the sets are done.

You will need to purchase Bettercut from the market to use these icons.

LAUNCHERPRO DOCK, ADVANCE TASK KILLER, ADVANCE TASK MANAGER, AIM, ALARM, AMAZON, AP MOBILE, ASTRID, ASTRO, BANK OF AMERICA, BARCODE SCANNER, BETTERCUT, BLOO, BLUETOOTH, BROWSER, BUZZOFF, BUBBLE LEVEL, CALCULATOR (2), CALENDAR, CAR HOME, CHOMP SMS, CLOCK, COLORNOTE, CONTACTS, DEATHSTAR, DOCS TO GO, DOLPHIN (3), DROIDLIGHT, EASY TETHER, EBAY, EBUDDY, EMAIL, FACEBOOK, FANDANGO, FENNEC, FIREFOX, FOXNEWS, GAMEBOID, GAMES (2), GEARS OF WAR (2), GENSOID, GMAIL, GOOGLE EARTH, GOOGLE GOGGLES, GOOGLE SKY MAPS, HANDSCENT, HOMESWITCHER, IHEARTRADIO, IMDB, IMUSIC, INDEED, LAST FM, MAPS, MARKET, METAMORPH, MOVIES, MUSIC, MYSPACE, NEWS, NOTES, OPERA, PANDORA, PAYPAL, PDANET, PHONE DIALER, PHOTOBUCKET, PHOTOSHOP, PICSAY, PLACES DIRECTORY, PASX4DROID, QUICK SETTINGS, RINGDROID, SCANNER RADIO, SENSE 2.1 ALARM CLOCK, SENSE 2.1 BROWSER, SENSE 2.1 CALENDAR, SENSE 2.1 CALCULATOR, SENSE 2.1 CAMERA, SENSE 2.1 CONTACTS, SENSE 2.1 PHONE DIALER, SENSE 2.1 GALLERY, SENSE 2.1 MAIL, SENSE 2.1 SMS, SENSE 2.1 WEATHER, SET CPU, SHAZAM (2), SHOP SAVVY, SIRIUS, SKYFIRE, SLACKER RADIO, SMS, SNESOID, SPEED TEST, SPORTSTAP, STOP WATCH, TAPATALK (2), TEMP MONITOR, THE WEATHER CHANNEL, TIP CALC, TOUITEUR, TV.COM, TWIDROID, TWITTER, UNIT CONVERTER, USA TODAY, VOICE DIALER, WEATHERBUG, WHERE, WIKIPEDIA, X-BROWSER, X-CALENDAR, X-CALCULATOR, X-CAMCORDER, X-CAMERA, X-CAR DOCK, X-CONTACTS, X-PHONE DIALER, X-EMAIL, XM RADIO, XSCOPE, YELLOWPAGES, YELP, YOUTUBE, ZEDGE, ZILLOW

I have also included something a little special. I have created matching custom dock trays for use with LauncherPro v0.6.7 and up. Each icon set will have it's own matching custom dock and it is in the same folder as the icons. Here is the aluminum dock tray.

Here are all of the instructions that you should need. Any questions or issues feel free to ask.

Instructions for using icons

-Download the icon zip file to your pc or phone and unzip it
-Create a folder on your SD card named icons or my icons and move the unzipped icon folder to that folder
-Download Bettercut from the market. It costs $1.99
-Select an icon from your app tray that you would like to use one of the icons with
-Long press the icon to place it on your home screen
-Open Bettercutand click "Edit Shortcut"
-Look for and click the stock icon that you want to change in the list
-Click "change icon"
-Click "pick picture"
-Scroll to and click the folder that has the icons and pick the icon you want to use
-Click the icon that you want to use
-Click "create"

Your new icon will now be on your home screen. This does not permanently change the icon. If you decide you don't want to use the icon anymore just long press it and drag it to your app tray.

NOTE: If you are using LauncherPro you must go back to your stock home and place the icons you want to change there. It will not work if you place the stock on your screens while in LauncherPro. To get back to your stock home click menu>setting>applications>manage applications>launcherpro>clear defaults.

Instructions for using the custom LauncherPro app tray.
This is for use when using LauncherPro v0.6.7 and up only. It is available as a free download in the market.

-Click menu button
-Click preferences
-Click appearance settings
-Click Dock Background and choose custom
-Open the folder containing the LauncherPro dock tray - It is in the same folder that icons are in
-Click the custom dock
-Back out to your home screen and there it is

Here is the first set of icons and included dock tray available for download. The aluminum set. The other three sets will be coming shortly. Enjoy!!!

If you like my icons, feel free to show some appreciation and hit the THANKS button.

Download links:
AluminumIcons72x72_v2.zip (http://www.mediafire.com/file/kjnbls1cy6657tw/AluminumIcons72x72_v2.zip)

BlackIcons72x72.zip (http://www.mediafire.com/file/501bfb77138n4r0/BlackIcons72x72.zip)

BlueIcons72x72.zip (http://www.mediafire.com/file/jcxshabkj7jtm23/BlueIcons72x72.zip)

SmokeGlass72x72.zip (http://www.mediafire.com/file/4aav99d35bbd6w4/SmokeGlass72x72.zip)

I have no problems sharing these icons with all of the members here. But please don't take them and pass them around on other sites while taking credit for them. I have already caught someone doing that with one of my earlier sets.

JohnDroid
07-09-2010, 12:02 AM
Nice icons, thanks for the submission!

Garemlin
07-09-2010, 12:39 AM
Ok I just noticed in the pic that I posted that the edges are black and squared off. That is not how they look. It is because I saved that group as a jpeg for sample purposes. The corners are rounded like the one below.

danDroid
07-09-2010, 01:08 AM
Wow, awesome work Garemlin!

Dark_Jedi
07-09-2010, 02:31 AM
Yes thanks..will use these.

jdk2
07-09-2010, 08:38 AM
They look terrific.

cgarrido
07-10-2010, 03:00 AM
Looks great :greendroid:

ebidar
07-10-2010, 07:33 AM
I am loving your work :D

X Angel
07-10-2010, 08:53 AM
click to enlarge

Thought this was a cool wallpaper...

X Angel
07-10-2010, 09:21 AM
Click to enlarge

For the ladies...

Miami1683
07-10-2010, 10:16 AM
Very cool stuff. My guess is we just would use bettercut to install them,

X Angel very cool wall paper also.......

Garemlin
07-10-2010, 10:26 AM
Very cool stuff. My guess is we just would use bettercut to install them

Yup bettercut. Or apps organizer if you want to make shortcuts for multiple links. I will post instructions when I get them done. At work right now but there is crappy weather so I might start working on them when I get home this afternoon.

yurdle
07-10-2010, 10:34 AM
These look pretty awesome =) i might just use them lol

Garemlin
07-12-2010, 11:52 PM
Bump.... First set is done and available for download. I have also included full instructions for using the icons. See the first post in this thread.

yurdle
07-12-2010, 11:56 PM
wow this looks awesome =)

didiwags
07-13-2010, 01:20 AM
Wow great work!!!

MiXoLoGiSt
07-13-2010, 03:57 AM
Good looking icons Garemlin.

karmajay
07-13-2010, 02:07 PM
I have Bettercut but want to see what the stock stuff looks like before changing it! :)

Garemlin
07-13-2010, 03:26 PM
I have Bettercut but want to see what the stock stuff looks like before changing it! :)

I have some of the stock X icons already in the set.

bfree21
07-16-2010, 03:50 PM
My phone isn't showing them after i transfer them on there...??

Garemlin
07-16-2010, 09:54 PM
My phone isn't showing them after i transfer them on there...??

Did you unzip the compressed folder and then transfer the uncompressed folder to your SD card???

Martin030908
07-16-2010, 09:58 PM
Nice looking icons.

pastrygirl
07-17-2010, 03:25 PM
NOTE: If you are using LauncherPro you must go back to your stock home and place the icons you want to change there. It will not work if you place the stock on your screens while in LauncherPro. To get back to your stock home click menu>setting>applications>manage applications>launcherpro>clear defaults.Newbie here running LauncherPro. When I go to >clear defaults, it says No defaults set, and the button is disabled. Is there something else I should do? What would it look like if I were able to "clear defaults" -- is that basically disabling LauncherPro?

Thanks for any help!

Garemlin
07-17-2010, 03:32 PM
Newbie here running LauncherPro. When I go to >clear defaults, it says No defaults set, and the button is disabled. Is there something else I should do? What would it look like if I were able to "clear defaults" -- is that basically disabling LauncherPro?

Thanks for any help!

Yeah that is a problem with the X and it's UI. Go to the market and download Home Switcher. it is free. It allows you to switch between the stock home and any other home replacement app you have installed.

pastrygirl
07-17-2010, 03:57 PM
Yeah that is a problem with the X and it's UI. Go to the market and download Home Switcher. it is free. It allows you to switch between the stock home and any other home replacement app you have installed.So I basically need to update all my icons on the stock pages, then switch back to LauncherPro... is that right?

Really like your icons, BTW. I also like the screenshot you posted in another thread. Playing with my screens now while the baby is asleep and the older kid is out with daddy!

Garemlin
07-17-2010, 05:09 PM
So I basically need to update all my icons on the stock pages, then switch back to LauncherPro... is that right?

Really like your icons, BTW. I also like the screenshot you posted in another thread. Playing with my screens now while the baby is asleep and the older kid is out with daddy!

Thank you. I am gonna try to work on the other three sets soon. Oh the LauncherPro dock shown in my screenshot is from the smoke glass set BTW.

And yes any icon that you want to change with Bettercut must be placed on the stock home screens.

HiFlow5 0
07-17-2010, 05:16 PM
Think you could add an Icon for Flycast? Other then that I love the style of these icons on my DX. Great job!

arabstar1982
07-18-2010, 02:45 PM
very cool, thanks a lot for sharing!

Growler48
07-18-2010, 04:37 PM
Great work! I'm going to wait for the blue ones. A couple of suggestions for additional icons:
Vibrate
Silent
Battery
Navigation
Yahoo! email
Bookmarks

Jin Saotome
07-19-2010, 12:54 AM
I'm having a problem too with Bettercut. It only selects Camera Roll, My Tags, Folders (1 folder, the camera) and All Photos. I have folders created called 'My icons' and your original unzipped folder I exported to the phone. None of those show up tho!

HiFlow5 0
07-19-2010, 03:34 PM
I'm having a problem too with Bettercut. It only selects Camera Roll, My Tags, Folders (1 folder, the camera) and All Photos. I have folders created called 'My icons' and your original unzipped folder I exported to the phone. None of those show up tho!

Did you export the file to the phone or SD card. You should have created a new folder in your SD card, then extracted the file Garemlin supplied to that folder. It should then show up in "Folders" list in the phones gallery.

echof0xtrot
07-19-2010, 04:17 PM
click to enlarge

Thought this was a cool wallpaper...

is it just me, or does the Xs wallpaper cropping method make this a hard wallpaper to use? i either lose the guys lower half, or lose the eye in the sky

Garemlin
07-19-2010, 08:14 PM
Great work! I'm going to wait for the blue ones. A couple of suggestions for additional icons:
Vibrate
Silent
Battery
Navigation
Yahoo! email
Bookmarks

I will be taking requests and adding additional icons when I finish the initial four sets. I will add these and any others to my original post as a wishlist.

dino98
07-20-2010, 08:13 AM
Just wanted to say nice work on the icons, loaded them up yesterday, they look great on my x.

A few suggestions:
Blockbuster
Slacker
Foursquare
ScoreMobile

Keep up the good work

cheshirecat79
07-20-2010, 08:46 AM
very cool icons, thanks for making them

sneakumlax
07-21-2010, 12:40 AM
Very nice icons! Just loaded them up on my DX.

A few suggestions:
Google talk
Uninstaller
Yahoo Mail

Dragon
07-21-2010, 12:50 AM
Cool Icons... Didn't know we could create customs icons on the droid? I would have done it a long time ago...lol

footman
07-23-2010, 02:53 PM
Very nice icons, many thanks. Any news on the new sets?

Garemlin
07-23-2010, 02:59 PM
Very nice icons, many thanks. Any news on the new sets?

Thanks. I'm working on the other three sets when I get a chance. I was home sick yesterday and worked on them some. I'm about half done but it is pretty time consuming.

Garemlin
07-23-2010, 08:55 PM
BTW if you download and like my icons, show some love and hit the Thanks button. 96 downloads and only two gracias. ;)

smalltowngirl13
07-23-2010, 09:20 PM
If you are taking requests - can you do a DROID X overlay for the LauncherPro dock bar? I took a picture and cropped but I am sure your work will be TONS better!! Thanks for the other icons too!!

Garemlin
07-23-2010, 10:21 PM
If you are taking requests - can you do a DROID X overlay for the LauncherPro dock bar? I took a picture and cropped but I am sure your work will be TONS better!! Thanks for the other icons too!!

Show me what ya got and I will see what I can do.

smalltowngirl13
07-23-2010, 11:28 PM
Here is a screen shot of my home screen with the dockbar and I have attached the cropped pic as well...thanks so much!!

footman
07-24-2010, 06:52 AM
New to these forums, looking for a 'thank you' now...

Crimsongost
07-24-2010, 12:28 PM
Can not seem to find the ICON on the phone when it is time to change the icon. I have created an icon folder and unzipped with the phone, I have created the folder inside MY_Pics and unzipped the file, and still i can not find the pics in the gallery. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Mitchell

Garemlin
07-24-2010, 03:28 PM
Can not seem to find the ICON on the phone when it is time to change the icon. I have created an icon folder and unzipped with the phone, I have created the folder inside MY_Pics and unzipped the file, and still i can not find the pics in the gallery. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Mitchell

Honestly I never did it that way. I would just "extract all" with your pc and then move the full extracted folder to your SD card. When you go to edit an icon using bettercut it will give yo an option where to look for it. When you go to your gallery that folder should show up.

Crimsongost
07-24-2010, 05:47 PM
When i try it that way I get a prompt that says "The file 'xxx.png' may be copied to the device for storage or transport use only. It is not supported for use on the device itself. If possible, use a media program that can convert the file before copying it. If you copy the file now it will be stored on the device, but may not be presented in the device user interface. Do you wish to copy the file to the device anyway?"

Any ideas ?

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/COMPAQ%7E1.X/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.pngfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/COMPAQ%7E1.X/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png

Garemlin
07-24-2010, 06:43 PM
When i try it that way I get a prompt that says "The file 'xxx.png' may be copied to the device for storage or transport use only. It is not supported for use on the device itself. If possible, use a media program that can convert the file before copying it. If you copy the file now it will be stored on the device, but may not be presented in the device user interface. Do you wish to copy the file to the device anyway?"

Any ideas ?

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/COMPAQ%7E1.X/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.pngfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/COMPAQ%7E1.X/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png

Just out of curiosity did you transfer the folder to your SD card while the phone was set to mass storage or one of the other choices???

Crimsongost
07-24-2010, 10:27 PM
Mitchell 1 phone 3 but i still win, pulled the SD card and installed directly from the comp to SD card.

Thanks for all the help , BTW the icons look great !!!

Martin030908
07-24-2010, 10:40 PM
Here is a screen shot of my home screen with the dockbar and I have attached the cropped pic as well...thanks so much!!

What widget is that for all the messaging and what not?

smalltowngirl13
07-24-2010, 10:44 PM
What widget is that for all the messaging and what not?

Executive Assistant - paid version....I love this app!! There is a free version in the market as well - I could not tell you the differences between free / paid.

eljoker
07-24-2010, 11:49 PM
I've folloed the steps posted and can not find the folder when i click pick picture
It takes me to my camera pics.

sadefazio
07-25-2010, 09:24 PM
Hey, just wondering how you get all of the unread message counts underneath those app icons. Saw them in the picture you included. Is there an additional app for that? Thanks.

smalltowngirl13
07-25-2010, 09:28 PM
Hey, just wondering how you get all of the unread message counts underneath those app icons. Saw them in the picture you included. Is there an additional app for that? Thanks.

If you are asking about my post - it is Executive Assistant. There is a free & paid version in the market.

Martin030908
07-25-2010, 09:31 PM
Paid version is ad free.... free version has adware. That's all. :)

smalltowngirl13
07-25-2010, 09:35 PM
Paid version is ad free.... free version has adware. That's all. :)

That makes complete sense =)...I have had the paid version the whole time so I was not sure...

zone23
07-25-2010, 11:00 PM
Thank you! Absolutely sicckkk! So clean/polished! Lookin forward to the next sets!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Garemlin
07-26-2010, 10:46 PM
Ok guys. All four sets are complete. Download links and updated list are in the original post. Enjoy!!! And if you like 'em hit the thanks button to show your appreciation.

Growler48
07-27-2010, 05:28 AM
Just downloaded the blue ones. Great work. They're awesome! Thanks!

Arte Suave
07-27-2010, 01:27 PM
Anyone have screen shots of what they did?

zone23
07-27-2010, 02:18 PM
I have successfully downloaded and applied; aluminum, blue and, smoked glass...
When i attempt to download the" black"...it gives me an error..."download unsuccessful"
Anybody have similar complications or, can potentially shine some light on what is causing this?
By the way, the other three are absolutely awesome! Great work! Thank you, and i look forward to more of your customizations!
-zone

Garemlin
07-27-2010, 03:49 PM
Anyone have screen shots of what they did?

Yeah if anyone wants to post some screens I'll add them to the first post.

Garemlin
07-27-2010, 03:54 PM
I have successfully downloaded and applied; aluminum, blue and, smoked glass...
When i attempt to download the" black"...it gives me an error..."download unsuccessful"
Anybody have similar complications or, can potentially shine some light on what is causing this?
By the way, the other three are absolutely awesome! Great work! Thank you, and i look forward to more of your customizations!
-zone

I anyone else is having issues with the black LMK. I'll look into it when I get home.

Growler48
07-27-2010, 09:34 PM
Here are some screen shots of the blue ones. 502

Growler48
07-27-2010, 09:44 PM
Here are the rest. How are you guys making your screenshots so big? Mine keep coming out small.

Garemlin
07-27-2010, 10:34 PM
Lookin good Growler. Did you figure out the issue with the black ones??? I just did a test download from my link and it worked fine.

Growler48
07-28-2010, 04:33 AM
No problems with the black ones. The link works just fine.

Garemlin
07-28-2010, 05:48 AM
No problems with the black ones. The link works just fine.

Whoops that wasn't you that had the issue with the black ones. Sorry about that.

nudave
08-13-2010, 01:53 PM
It seems that the smokeglass icons aren't available via mediafire...says that the download isn't available on any of their servers.

Garemlin
08-14-2010, 10:20 AM
It seems that the smokeglass icons aren't available via mediafire...says that the download isn't available on any of their servers.

Just did a test download of the Smoke Glass and it worked fine. Give it another shot.

jcg10601
08-15-2010, 09:13 PM
These are fantastic! Thank you so much.

Are you still taking requests? I would love K-9

Garemlin
08-16-2010, 12:55 PM
These are fantastic! Thank you so much.

Are you still taking requests? I would love K-9

Which style would you like it in???

Crimsongost
08-16-2010, 10:57 PM
Thanks for all the help, they look great!

jcg10601
08-17-2010, 01:11 AM
I'm using the Smoky Glass. Which I love by the way.

Garemlin
08-17-2010, 10:38 PM
K-9 Mail in all four versions

1273 1274 1275 1276

btucker2003
08-19-2010, 10:47 AM
maybe someone can help with this... Im a newbie BTW

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm151/bosterling219/snap20100803_105419.png

You see the "docks?" icons on the bottom of this one? I want ones like that, that are spelled out. Know where and how I can get those or ones like it?

TIA

btucker2003
08-21-2010, 03:14 PM
bump ^^^

Garemlin
08-21-2010, 03:38 PM
bump ^^^

Bump for what??? This isn't really the right thread to be asking about that. Your best bet would be to check out the Screenshots of your Droid X home screens (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-general-discussion/766-screenshots-your-droid-x-home-screens.html) thread for info on that launcher and icons. Plenty of it there.

Drysten
08-23-2010, 08:38 PM
EDITED* wrong thread

compchick813
08-31-2010, 03:29 PM
I'm able to download the other 3 zips from the OP, but for some reason I can't download the smoked glass zip. That's the one I really want. Media fire says "your download is starting" but never does anything. Any chance someone can post a mirror or upload the zip directly to this thread?

compchick813
08-31-2010, 03:29 PM
I'm able to download the other 3 zips from the OP, but for some reason I can't download the smoked glass zip. That's the one I really want. Media fire says "your download is starting" but never does anything. Any chance someone can post a mirror or upload the zip directly to this thread?

I should have mentioned that I have tried it in both firefox and IE.

Veritech
08-31-2010, 05:12 PM
Here ya go

compchick813
08-31-2010, 05:18 PM
Awesome, thanks!

DolphinxManiax23
09-02-2010, 02:04 AM
I tryed to search for Buttercut in the Market and it's showing no results found now did they pull that from the Market now? I use Launcherpro though.

Garemlin
09-02-2010, 06:10 AM
It is there. Here is the link. Use your barcode scanner.

http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?cht=qr&chs=180x180&chld=%7C0&chl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.androidzoom.com%2Fweb%2Findic e%2FqrLink%3FappCode%3Dtqj%26dwnId%3D859936

blueyeitln
09-07-2010, 06:44 PM
Garemlin,

I clicked on those links to get the icons but, the page errors out. In fact that website seems to not exist anymore. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks.
B

blueyeitln
09-07-2010, 06:56 PM
DolphinxManiax23,

You have the name wrong. Its, Bettercut, not Buttercut. LOL Easy mistake.

Cheers,
B

Garemlin
09-07-2010, 11:18 PM
Garemlin,

I clicked on those links to get the icons but, the page errors out. In fact that website seems to not exist anymore. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks.
B

Looks like the file hosting site is down. Maybe try again tomorrow.

The-X-factor
09-10-2010, 11:55 AM
Thank you for the Icons Garemlin, they look terrific on my DX !

jackyamada
10-12-2010, 02:28 AM
Wassup, Garemlin! Dude, I love these icons!
Was wondering if you could hit me up with a few Black Icons Im missing
-AppBrain AppMarket
-Google Voice
-Google Talk
-RealCalc
-Poynt
-FxCamera
-Vignette
-Alchemy
-Angry birds
-NFL mobile
Hmm... maybe it was more than I thought. Shows how much I love em!
I really appreciate.
Much Aloha

Garemlin
10-12-2010, 06:31 AM
Wassup, Garemlin! Dude, I love these icons!
Was wondering if you could hit me up with a few Black Icons Im missing
-AppBrain AppMarket
-Google Voice
-Google Talk
-RealCalc
-Poynt
-FxCamera
-Vignette
-Alchemy
-Angry birds
-NFL mobile
Hmm... maybe it was more than I thought. Shows how much I love em!
I really appreciate.
Much Aloha

Thanks. I already have a request list of some add-ons I'm gonna work on when the cooler months hit. I'll add these to it. Just too much going on this time of year. But trust me I will get to them.

dc41
10-19-2010, 06:30 PM
I love your dark icon set. I've created an addition 35 icons for apps I use. If you would like I can upload them here or send them to you for inclusion with your collection.

Just let me know.

jackyamada
10-20-2010, 01:12 AM
Thanks soo much! I look forward to your work, bro!

FR3AKSHOW
10-24-2010, 03:09 AM
Thanks for these! Love being able to customize stuff on my X. :)

nevsdad
10-24-2010, 03:18 AM
Nice work. Thanks

sqldroidx
10-24-2010, 08:19 PM
I'm able to download the other 3 zips but for some reason I can't download the blue zip. Media fire says "your download is starting" but never does anything. Any chance someone can post a mirror or upload the blue to this thread? Thanks:)

dc41
10-30-2010, 01:58 PM
I love your dark icon set. I've created an addition 35 icons for apps I use. If you would like I can upload them here or send them to you for inclusion with your collection.

Just let me know.

Well, I haven't heard from anyone saying they don't want these posted. So I'll post them pending any sort of disapproval. I made about 37 or so new icons using BlackIcons72x72 set as a template. Here's a list of the new icons.

I've also attached the photoshop file (psd) that has the blank frame and all the additional images as separate layers (in case you wanted to create your own).

Please let me know if there are any problems.

All thanks and credit goes to Garemlin for the original design.

Thanks!

Backnblack
10-31-2010, 06:10 AM
Well, I haven't heard from anyone saying they don't want these posted. So I'll post them pending any sort of disapproval.!

Did you actually PM him and ask? Or are you taking a no response here as it's ok?

jstorm
12-06-2010, 10:41 PM
Great work! Question I have astro, how do you create a new folder in the SD card?

Garemlin
12-07-2010, 05:57 AM
Great work! Question I have astro, how do you create a new folder in the SD card?

Open Astro. Click on sdcard>menu button>new>directory and create a new folder named icons or whatever is easy for you to remember. Or you can do it via your PC when connected usb and in mass storage.

jstorm
12-07-2010, 08:37 PM
Thanks, I forget about the menu button.

budmonster
12-07-2010, 11:05 PM
what size are DX icons? i got some free time, ill create some and post them here, if you dont mind Garemlin?

wicked
12-08-2010, 12:55 AM
try 72x72 pixels

Growler48
12-12-2010, 05:27 AM
what size are DX icons? i got some free time, ill create some and post them here, if you dont mind Garemlin?

What program are you using to create icons?

wicked
12-12-2010, 08:03 PM
What program are you using to create icons?

Most use Photoshop, I do...

DroidXWolf
02-16-2011, 11:17 AM
Awesome icons! Can't wait to use em

Garemlin
02-16-2011, 01:27 PM
Awesome icons! Can't wait to use em

Thanks!!!

The persuader
02-23-2011, 08:21 PM
Incrediable Work Garemlin...

You should try to Make a Icon with your Harley in it as you message file...