PDA

View Full Version : Default media player causing phone to crash

haknslash
09-16-2010, 01:12 PM
Last night at the gym I was trying to play an album on my phone that I hadn't played before on it. I noticed some strange sounds in my ear buds when the first track started playing. Sounded kind of lick static as if the headphone connection wasn't in the jack good on the phone, but I checked and it was connected good and snug. Then it kept doing it for a few seconds until finally crashing my phone (red Droid eye came up and then the phone shut off). I thought it was a fluke occurance but when I booted the phone back up and started to listen to the same track, the same static was there off and on and the phone crashed again. The next time I booted up I changed tracks on the album and it didn't crash or sound like static. This is the first time the phone has done something like this. I tried searching but didn't see anything when I searched in this forum using "crash" as the string.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar issue before or if possibly that file got corrupt when I dragged it to the phone from my PC?

Also does anyone else recommend a nicer/better media player than the default that is free from the marketplace?

eXile
09-16-2010, 01:46 PM
MixZing works great.

haknslash
09-16-2010, 03:18 PM
Thanks! Great app and it hasn't caused my DX to crash using the same song that was causing it with the default media player.

SaurusX
09-17-2010, 02:00 PM
You should clear data and clear cache for the Music app. That should solve the problem. I've noticed similar problems will come back with extended use, though.