PDA

View Full Version : Anime

MrCapcom
09-15-2010, 02:46 PM
I just wanted to make a thread for people who have anime on there droid. Hopefully this won't go somewhere bad but lets see.

First of all Post what Release you found works great on our phones.
If Encoded what settings and program were used.

ATM I'm trying to figure out how to encode mkv, using DVD Catalyst but when it encodes it I find that the subtitles are super small. So not to sure what to do to fix that just yet but ill post what I find when I figure it out.

I might try Handbrake see how well it does

heisenberg
09-15-2010, 03:34 PM
Do u mean american cartoons when u say "anime"?

MrCapcom
09-15-2010, 03:45 PM
Nah Japanese Anime

DebianDog
09-15-2010, 03:56 PM
Do u mean american cartoons when u say "anime"?

No No NO! tentacle pron with girls that have BIG eyes.

Just kiddin MrCapcom I know this is serious for the devoted.

MrCapcom
09-16-2010, 09:40 AM
No No NO! tentacle pron with girls that have BIG eyes.

Just kiddin MrCapcom I know this is serious for the devoted.
Not all anime is tentcle rape fest lol some have pretty good stories the level of most us tv shows. Anywho I found out if you play yibis encoded SD 400p avi files they look fantastic on our phones. Right now Yibis only does One Piece I believe which is what I am watching. I had to use Rock Player to play it though.

Bloodred
09-18-2010, 12:24 AM
If you're having trouble getting dual-audio anime to play properly in Rockplayer, try my guide here: http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-audio-video/7100-how-fixing-mkv-audio-problems-rockplayer.html (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/7100-how-fixing-mkv-audio-problems-rockplayer.html)

lithiasales.js
09-18-2010, 02:45 AM
Your link does not work Thanks.

Bloodred
09-18-2010, 02:48 AM
Your link does not work Thanks.

Sorry about that. Try this: http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-audio-video/7100-how-fixing-mkv-audio-problems-rockplayer.html

MrCapcom
09-20-2010, 09:53 AM
But the encodes or w/e I have seem like they mess up all the time just because they are in HD other video plays fine will this help with the video being kinda distorted?

Bloodred
09-21-2010, 05:52 PM
I tried this with two different shows, both in HD (one was widescreen, the other wasn't). I never had any problem with distorting. What exactly was distorting? Low quality, occasional video glitches, aspect ratio?

MrCapcom
09-22-2010, 01:04 PM
Tried what?

dvdcatalyst
10-01-2010, 10:04 AM
ATM I'm trying to figure out how to encode mkv, using DVD Catalyst but when it encodes it I find that the subtitles are super small. So not to sure what to do to fix that just yet but ill post what I find when I figure it out.

I might try Handbrake see how well it does

Global Settings > Advanced

Change the subtitle font size in there. This only works for selectable language tracks, not for subtitles that are burned in to the video already.

THREAT
10-02-2010, 02:15 PM
I'm trying to do the same, I was raised in Japan and have a gazillion anima movies, episodes etc...2 Terabytes worth of Anime from the 80's to the present. Most are in Japanese :)

lukasskott
10-07-2010, 12:54 AM
If this is a matter of conversion .... I have an affliction for foreign horror movies ..most have subtitles ...I use double twist to convert and sync them to my phone. I then use realhdmi to watch them on my tv. Look clear as can be .. subtitles are the right size and everything.