PDA

View Full Version : Wi fi should be a no brainer. So wassa matta with me?

Galenas
09-14-2010, 06:21 PM
Honest to goodness hooking up to my local Starbucks wi fi should be effortless. But nooooooooo, I don't get a prompt. I have to go into my settings and do SOMETHING. More times than I can count I've gotten the 'cannot connect....retry/cancel' message. Yes my wi fi is turned on. I did connect to the Network at Starbucks. Or so I thought. I soon had eight networks so I opted out of that and just used my little own 3G.

What the heck am I doing wrong? I feel like I should be riding the Droid short bus.

I will be attending the class at my local Verizon store soon but I'd like to be able to a couple of things independently.

Your help is mightily appreciated.

Gal

smalltowngirl13
09-14-2010, 06:56 PM
The next time, go into phone settings - wireless & networks - wifi settings - tap to connect (enter password if needed)...this should save your network as a remembered network and connect the next time you are within range...you can delete any remembered networks at any time by tapping on the network and pressing forget...

Martin030908
09-14-2010, 07:01 PM
Skip the Verizon class, IMO. Most reps don't know what they're talking about when it comes to Android.

ie. Task killers are not needed. Don't fall into that trap :)

STG explained how you can choose from multiple available networks. Give that a try.

eXile
09-14-2010, 10:04 PM
VZW provides classes?!?!? :O

smalltowngirl13
09-14-2010, 10:06 PM
VZW provides classes?!?!? :O

Yes in certain stores - they generally have a flyer posted if they have one upcoming or they might also send you a special invite...

yurdle
09-15-2010, 02:51 PM
some of the starbucks require you to open a the web browser and agree to a TOS or something like that... so once you are connected open the web browser and it should come up

LuciferRex
09-15-2010, 07:10 PM
I agree with needing to open the browser to agree to TOS....however I usually have to click a link or try going to a webpage to get there.

Also, I disagree with not 'needing' a task killer....I use mine to kill the NES emulator that refuses to die, plus when my navigator freezes, I kill it with that too