PDA

View Full Version : video converter

Htown man
09-13-2010, 01:48 PM
Anyone on here know where I may find a decent video converter for my pc in 64bit os.

rolandct
09-13-2010, 01:52 PM
handbrake works just fine, HandBrake (http://handbrake.fr/) and does just about every format.
However if anyone has another suggestion I am always looking for something better.

Backnblack
09-13-2010, 01:55 PM
DVD Catalyst 3 is what I use.

Tools4Movies, Official home of DVD Catalyst (http://www.tools4movies.com/)

Moisesm
09-14-2010, 05:08 AM
You actually don't need to convert videos anymore. Go to google and search for Rock(divx)Player.apk ..... you can put regular avi files on your droid x. No more wasting time converting.

ToeJamm57
09-14-2010, 09:00 AM
You actually don't need to convert videos anymore. Go to google and search for Rock(divx)Player.apk ..... you can put regular avi files on your droid x. No more wasting time converting.

Thanks Moisesm - I will give it a try.

Moisesm
09-14-2010, 09:24 AM
Link Removed

here is the link where you can download it. Connect DX to your pc. Drag and drop onto your sd card. Disconnect DX from pc and go into files or if you use Astro which i prefer to browse sd contents and find Rock(divx)Player.apk. Choose it and it will ask you to install. Hit yes and then go to your applications menu and you should see an app that says Divx demo player, click on it and go to your movies folder and enjoy.

garath
09-14-2010, 09:34 AM
here is the link where you can download it. Connect DX to your pc. Drag and drop onto your sd card. Disconnect DX from pc and go into files or if you use Astro which i prefer to browse sd contents and find Rock(divx)Player.apk. Choose it and it will ask you to install. Hit yes and then go to your applications menu and you should see an app that says Divx demo player, click on it and go to your movies folder and enjoy.[/QUOTE]

The downside to that is rockplayer uses software decoding (which is why it plays almost anything) and some files lag pretty bad on the phone. It's really little effort to convert the movies to an acceptable phone format. With DVD Catalyst 3 it's virtually a one click operation and the end result is a file that plays in any of the hardware players like ACT 1 or mVideoplayer. Don't have to live with the big R in the corner of the screen either.

DebianDog
09-14-2010, 10:04 AM
[/QUOTE]

You can download it from the Market or go to their website (http://rockplayer.freecoder.org/index_en.html), NO shady media fire needed.

Moisesm
09-15-2010, 12:11 AM
The rockplayer i have is diffrent to the one on the maket. I have no problems with it. There is no lag whatsoever. I dowloaded the on on the market to see if it was the same but they are diffrent.

Moisesm
09-15-2010, 12:17 AM
If you want the to play avi files without lag or any problems go to the link i posted. You can download it directly from your droidx web browser. It also plays any other files you may have.

DebianDog
09-15-2010, 04:09 AM
If it does things different from what the company puts out I certainly will not be running it ;)

Swyped on my X

Backnblack
09-15-2010, 05:38 AM
The rockplayer i have is diffrent to the one on the maket. I have no problems with it. There is no lag whatsoever. I dowloaded the on on the market to see if it was the same but they are diffrent.

As mentioned, Please refrain from Posting the apk.
It's readily available from legitimate sources.
Please take this a a warning.

Moisesm
09-15-2010, 07:11 AM
Who exactly are you Backnblack? warning?? when did you post to refrain? all i was saying is that the player i use to play avi/xvid files is different than the one being offered on the market. What exactly did i do wrong? all i did was google how to play avi/xvid files on DX and i found the player i use by some developer. Please explain what i did wrong? i was just sharing what i found. I thought that was the point of the forum?

DebianDog
09-15-2010, 07:16 AM
There is no telling what is on that file and running it is not smart. Telling other to run it is outright irresponsible.

He is an admin here ;)

Swyped on my X

Moisesm
09-15-2010, 07:34 AM
Thats understandable but thats no different from apps on the android market that screw your phone up. i didn't point a gun to anyone's head. I posted what i was using and gave my opinion on it. If anyone wants to try it its up to them. It works great on my DX and none of these other players run as smooth as it does. Honestly i don't remember what the developers name was or what site i visited the first time. Just to be clear to anyone else who might reed this post its just my opinion based on my usage of the app. You dont have to use it.

DebianDog
09-15-2010, 07:44 AM
Just to be clear:

You have no idea where it came from
How it was compiled
Or what version it is
Your recommending it to other people

and have no clue why this might be a bad idea?

Swyped on my X

Moisesm
09-15-2010, 07:59 AM
Just like all other forums its my opinion. I am not forcing anyone. I did not tell anyone to do it. Just like all of the millions of other programs/apps/files/etc on the internet that one wont possibly know how it was compiled you do it at your own risk. Im not holdng anyone's hand or forcing them to do anything. Saw the forum, gave my opinion, and if anyone wants to try it they free to do so. Forum, my OPINION. Get over it, go find a different forum and make sure everything is legit there. If anyone wants to try the player you act on your own. Im not your Daddy and i wont spank you if you dont.