PDA

View Full Version : Connect to car tv via Composite

EHDroid
09-05-2010, 08:09 AM
Is there a way to play movies from my Droid X onto my car rear entertainment system? The connection must enter the car via composite.

Can the HDMI be converted to put a/v through composite?

Can the micor usb do it?

Also, does anyone know if the LG Dare can d othe same via its mico ubs so that I can make my old phone a video player for the kids.

Backnblack
09-05-2010, 08:11 AM
IIRC you need hardware to go from HDMI to Composite...but I might be incorrect.

CBGOODMAN200A
09-05-2010, 09:30 AM
I found this:

Tronixin HDMI HDTV to VGA HD15 Y/Pb/Pr 3 RCA Adapter Cable - DinoDirect.com (http://www.dinodirect.com/Tronixin-HDMI-HDTV-to-VGA-HD15-Y-Pb-Pr-3-RCA-Adapter-Cable/AFFID-81.html?gclid=CO6K9Ka_8KMCFeoD5QodriGv4A)

But you will need another adapter to connect make hdmi to male hdmi.

Backnblack
09-05-2010, 09:49 AM
I found this:

Tronixin HDMI HDTV to VGA HD15 Y/Pb/Pr 3 RCA Adapter Cable - DinoDirect.com (http://www.dinodirect.com/Tronixin-HDMI-HDTV-to-VGA-HD15-Y-Pb-Pr-3-RCA-Adapter-Cable/AFFID-81.html?gclid=CO6K9Ka_8KMCFeoD5QodriGv4A)

But you will need another adapter to connect make hdmi to male hdmi.

Can you confirm that this actually works?

EHDroid
09-05-2010, 10:43 AM
Yes, please confirm that is works.

I looks like the video goes through the VGA into a monitor, not the yellow composite.

Anyone know?

CBGOODMAN200A
09-06-2010, 10:52 AM
Can you confirm that this actually works?

Sadly no. I found it during a search I was doing to do a similar connection with an ipod classic. I am going on a road trip with my kids. I plan to rip their dvds on to the ipod so that we don't have the bulky dvd case in the car. Then my DX can stay in the car dock performing its normal navigation & Pandora duties.

droidipod
10-14-2010, 11:58 PM
How to Mount and Play Movie to Droid X in Car for the Car Travel
Motorola Droid X features an amazing 4.3” hi-res screen to access and watch your favorite TV shows or movies on the go. With HDMI technology support, you can watch your favorite HD Videos and pictures captured and stored in your Droid X by Motorola on any HDTV when using a compatible standard HDMI cable at Home. However, with Car Mount for Droid X, you can attach your Droid X to windshield or dash and let you position your handset for easy access and viewing full screen movies on Droid X for the car travel anytime.

With such a good devices – Car Mount for Droid X, the first response hits your mind might be the convenient GPS navigation, or maybe you love it just for easy mounting the droid x on the side of your car center column, or probably you feel it is a hands-free operation of a cellphone, very visible on the dash, easy to read without being a distraction. Whatever, the reason my family members like it is that they can view or watch movies in a sturdy and flexible-switching way for a long car travel. It is a wonderful experience. And it is very easy to make it.

You only have to purchase the Car Mound for Droid X, then put your favorite movies to droid x, after that, just mount your Droid X to your car windshield or somewhere you like.
If you have lot of movies in different formats like .MPEG, .VOB, .AVI, .WMV, .MKV, .TIVO, .TS, .FLV, etc stored on your PC and want to put them to Droid X for enjoying in the Car, you need first convert them to Droid X supported format H.264 MP4 with Aunsoft Droid X Video Converter. Only three steps can do it. First, just download, install and launch the program. Second, drag and drop the movies or click “Add” to Droid X Video Converter, and select Android > Motorola Droid (X) H.264 Video (*.mp4) (recommended) as output format, click “Settings” to select 854*480 (pixels) resolution for full screen viewing. Last, Click “Convert” to start the movies to Droid X MP4 conversion. After conversions, please follow this guide (transferring videos to Motorola Droid X) to transfer/copy converted files to Droid X, then you can use Car Mount for Droid x to mount the Droid X to car for movie playing for your great car travel.

Arak-Nafein
10-15-2010, 11:50 AM
How to Mount and Play Movie to Droid X in Car for the Car Travel
Motorola Droid X features an amazing 4.3” hi-res screen to access and watch your favorite TV shows or movies on the go. With HDMI technology support, you can watch your favorite HD Videos and pictures captured and stored in your Droid X by Motorola on any HDTV when using a compatible standard HDMI cable at Home. However, with Car Mount for Droid X, you can attach your Droid X to windshield or dash and let you position your handset for easy access and viewing full screen movies on Droid X for the car travel anytime.

With such a good devices – Car Mount for Droid X, the first response hits your mind might be the convenient GPS navigation, or maybe you love it just for easy mounting the droid x on the side of your car center column, or probably you feel it is a hands-free operation of a cellphone, very visible on the dash, easy to read without being a distraction. Whatever, the reason my family members like it is that they can view or watch movies in a sturdy and flexible-switching way for a long car travel. It is a wonderful experience. And it is very easy to make it.

You only have to purchase the Car Mound for Droid X, then put your favorite movies to droid x, after that, just mount your Droid X to your car windshield or somewhere you like.
If you have lot of movies in different formats like .MPEG, .VOB, .AVI, .WMV, .MKV, .TIVO, .TS, .FLV, etc stored on your PC and want to put them to Droid X for enjoying in the Car, you need first convert them to Droid X supported format H.264 MP4 with Aunsoft Droid X Video Converter. Only three steps can do it. First, just download, install and launch the program. Second, drag and drop the movies or click “Add” to Droid X Video Converter, and select Android > Motorola Droid (X) H.264 Video (*.mp4) (recommended) as output format, click “Settings” to select 854*480 (pixels) resolution for full screen viewing. Last, Click “Convert” to start the movies to Droid X MP4 conversion. After conversions, please follow this guide (transferring videos to Motorola Droid X) to transfer/copy converted files to Droid X, then you can use Car Mount for Droid x to mount the Droid X to car for movie playing for your great car travel.

Not what OP was asking for.

Perm
10-18-2010, 02:18 PM
Thread you might find useful is here:
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-general-discussion/5851-convert-hdmi-output-rca.html

Remember... HDMI is a digital signal, composite is analog. You have to have some kind of DAC to get this to work in a composite mobile setup. There isn't going to be an "adapter" for this... it needs processing of some sort.

crunkfrunk
10-18-2010, 05:29 PM
I looked into it for running a 25' cord from my desktop to my TV to make the cord cheaper since long HDMI cords are expensive and the hardware that changes the signal around is $450+ so not worth it

Drachnem
10-19-2010, 07:05 PM
I have the cord that guy above linked, I can tell you it does not work. As others have mentioned we need a digital to analog converter. Also I noticed Real HDMI has been pulled off the marked and I can no longer locate anyone with the APK. This kinda sucks.

proteus999
03-02-2011, 09:57 PM
I have been looking to see if it is possible to use my in car DVD player to display the nav feature on the DX. here is a link that makes it seem simple.
How to Convert HDMI to Composite Cable | eHow.com (http://www.ehow.com/how_7310853_convert-hdmi-composite-cable.html)
I haven't tried it yet. Has anyone else?

Here are the other components you'll need to convert at a reasonable price. You will probably need to change the DC plug on the power adapter to fit the DAC. And make sure the center pin polarity is correct. It should be indicated on the included AC power supply.
Power supply 5.5v dc 2.2 amps
http://www.myradiostore.com/sirius/sirius-power/stratus---inv/55vohacarad.html
DAC 5v dc 1 amp required
http://www.amazon.com/HDMI-Composite-S-Video-Converter-3RCA/dp/B004FM02UC/ref=sr_1_16?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1299128067&sr=1-16

Caution: these are mix and match components and are not guarantied to work,,,,but they should. I am going to pursue this and post later.
These are

Snow02
03-02-2011, 10:17 PM
Someone on here did that and posted pics about two or the weeks ago. I forget who it was though.